• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What FA SS will the Halos sign in off-season?

Which FA SS will the Halos sign in off-season?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which FA SS will the Halos sign in off-season?

• Corey Seager
    • Carlos Correa
    • Javy Baez
    • Marcus Semien
    • Someone Else
    • No one

I forgot about Crawford but think he would be a solid option on a 1 or 2 year deal too and likely wouldn't cost as much as Semien.

Not sure the Giants let him walk though...could also see the Yankees making a play for him since they could use SS help and he wouldn't come with a huge price-tag, plus I think Gerrit Cole is his bro-in-law.

Here’s a candidate who’s as good as any SS not on the upper tier.

Miguel Rojas
Much better in the overall defense rankings than Iglesias, and also has around a .750 OPS since 2019.

Marlins own team option for 2022 ($5.5 million salary, $500k buyout).

Any hope that they buy him out?

Would be a perfect 2-3 years bridge to Paris/Vera without breaking the bank.

55 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Miguel Rojas
Much better in the overall defense rankings than Iglesias, and also has around a .750 OPS since 2019.

I could see them take on the team option. But, i doubt they would pay him the buyout and let him become a FA. I think they would take the team option, then trade him for prospects. They just don't pay guys that much. Without even looking to see what their payroll is, i bet it is under $45 mil.  Their history is to flip  these type players for guys who make mlb minimum.

20 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Miguel Rojas

I think he’d be a fantastic target but the Marlins *love* him and his presence on the team. So even if you can get them to part with him, he might require an overpay, and not sure he’s worth overpaying for.

I actually would love to see the Angels and Marlins pair up for a sizeable mega-swap this winter. Perry was with the Blue Jays when they did at least three deals that involved like, 7-10 players combined, a mixture of vets, prospects, pre/early-arb question marks, etc. and I think that could be a better deal than the Marsh for Meyer.

Call them up and talk Meyer, Rojas, Bender, Cooper, Floro, Alfaro and see if perhaps we line up with some of our guys that don’t quite fit - Rengifo, Lund, Thaiss, Rojas - and address a few needs for each team all at once.

Offensive isn't the problem with the Angels.  If I was GM, I would spend maybe 4-5 million max on SS and use any available funds on pitching.  Iglesias is worth -WAR due to his terrible fielding.  I vote for someone like Freddy Galvis or Ehrie Adrianza if you want a bit more bat.  I don't think Rojas will be available with the way he's playing this year and if he is not picked up by the Marlins will most likely be asking above what I would be willing to pay.

45 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

all of these players are out of our price range, we will most likely grab a guy for $3-5M

if nobody wants Simmons I wouldn't mind him back on a 1yr deal at that price, or even resigning Iggy. 

just no to Rengifo playing any major part in the squad

Blasphemy! Billy Eppler traded CJ Cron for him.

Mark Polishuk chat on MLBTrade Rumors:  https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-live-chat-11219.html

Barrelman
8:35
Semien has been excellent in Toronto. Qualifying offer with eyes towards working out a long term deal?

Mark P
8:37
I have to imagine the Jays have interest in retaining Semien.  A QO is a no-brainer, and Semien will naturally turn it down to look for a longer-term offer from the Jays or another team on the open market.

With Biggio's struggles and Austin Martin no longer being on the roster, the Jays no longer have the young infield depth they seemingly had a surplus of going into the season.  Groshans and Orelvis notwithstanding, the Jays might prefer to just lock in a respected veteran and make Semien an offer he can't refuse

Semien makes lots of sense but I think he’s going to get offered a contract way too good elsewhere to try and top. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got a 4-5 year deal topping $100m and that’s way too much for the Angels to pay. 

Gotta say I really wish the Angels could find a way to acquire Taylor Walls (maybe with Kiermaier for Griffin Canning?) or Isaiah Kiner-Falefa. A legit young SS with plus-plus defense and some average offense that could get better. Rays are loaded with SS talent. It would cost a lot in trade but shores up that position for a couple years so we can quit spending money - even little money - on SS before their defense drops off. 

Have a feeling the Angels might kick the tires on Gleyber Torres too. Based off that rumor of the Angels asking about Judge, the Heaney trade, the murmurs of Luke Voit being mentioned in trade talks, the Yankees need for guys like Cobb and Iglesias, the Yankees need to trim payroll, the talk that Perry had a go-ahead to add more expensive players…something tells me the Angels and Yankees have had a lot of talks since Perry came on board and some of that will pick back up this winter. There are creative options out there and we shouldn’t just always default to mega-deal or cheap stopgaps.

Edited by totdprods

15 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I'd take Seager over anyone if we had to "sign" someone. 

Quite honestly, I'm content with re-signing Iglesias. Solid bat, solid glove, but most importantly, he's got great team chemistry with this squad. 

He's a spark plug and fun to be around. 

The one down side is the lack of range at SS.   Only committed 4 errors over the past 2.5 months, but does the lack of range supersede that?