• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What FA SS will the Halos sign in off-season?

Which FA SS will the Halos sign in off-season?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which FA SS will the Halos sign in off-season?

• Corey Seager
    • Carlos Correa
    • Javy Baez
    • Marcus Semien
    • Someone Else
    • No one

30 minutes ago, failos said:

I’d like to see Stefanic play some SS before the end of this season.

I don't think that would go well...Fletcher would be better off there. 

If Iglesias hurts or struggles, I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of Mayfield there and Stefanic some 3B at-bats. Would be good to see if Mayfield is just another Francisco Arcia 4A overperforming minor leaguer, or if he could be a legit UT IF with some pop and good defense, especially as a back-up SS. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I don't think that would go well...Fletcher would be better off there. 

If Iglesias hurts or struggles, I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of Mayfield there and Stefanic some 3B at-bats. Would be good to see if Mayfield is just another Francisco Arcia 4A overperforming minor leaguer, or if he could be a legit UT IF with some pop and good defense, especially as a back-up SS. 

Where does Stefanic fit in the grand scheme of things then? I figured he has some potential given his numbers in AAA, but I don’t really see a spot for him if he doesn’t play SS since Rendon is supposedly our third baseman.

Mayfield is irrelevant and temporary at best…he’s definitely not part of this franchise’s future.

26 minutes ago, failos said:

Where does Stefanic fit in the grand scheme of things then? I figured he has some potential given his numbers in AAA, but I don’t really see a spot for him if he doesn’t play SS since Rendon is supposedly our third baseman.

Mayfield is irrelevant and temporary at best…he’s definitely not part of this franchise’s future.

Mayfield might be fine as the UT IF, at least short-term, instead of/in addition to Rengifo. I'm not willing to go that far, but seeing how he is defensively at SS could go a long way in helping know if he can fill that role for league minimum in '21. Gosselin is in that mix too, but he's more versatile than both.

This is also why there's occasional talk of a Fletcher SS/Stefanic 2B format. 

Ideally, Stefanic's short-term future is a legitimate first-guy up if Fletcher or Rendon get hurt and he gives us Fletcher-lite contact skills. Just hard to see playing time for him with Mayfield and Gosselin ahead of him, and neither doing anything to really justify benching/cutting either.