• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: A's @ Angels (8/1/21): Detmers' MLB debut! Stassi at C, Thaiss at 1B

Rushed to the majors...should have given him more time in AA/AAA. He's got great stuff but those fastballs aren't going to play well at this level. Obviously its his first start in what is many to come so there is no rush to judgement. The A's are a good team. Hope he rebounds well next start. 

This is why SP is still a major issue for our team going into next year. We need to find another arm via FA/trade. We can't rely on these young guys to come up and just produce. Barria has had two great starts recently; Sandoval looks like he's turned a corner, but there are still way too many open ends. Secure another arm, and lockdown Cobb to a 2-3 year extension. Ohtani, trade/fa, Cobb set in stone and let the young guys play themselves into the other part. 

1 minute ago, Hells Rainbow said:

I love that three innings in the negative dudes are writing him off. 

I didn’t see anyone writing him off, just that he’s a young pitcher that still has to work on some things. He’ll eventually be good and reliable. Tough first outing: day game against a good A’ss team that improves its offense at the deadline

Just now, Hells Rainbow said:

I expected more but the A's are really good. He just jumped from facing AA and AAA teams to one of the better teams in baseball.

I'm disappointed but this team sucks anyway so who cares. Give him some time.

Just now, Justin said:

Heaney does not have a sub-4 ERA, I know that much. 

Yep, correct.  I just happened to stumble on their stats and noticed some broad similarities in their career totals.  Honestly, that just reinforced to me what a massive disappointment Heaney has been up to this point.  He's not significantly more valuable than Junior Guerra.  Lol.

2 minutes ago, failos said:

Seriously. It’s his first start. This was kinda expected.

Yep. The gap between Triple-A and MLB this year has never been larger it seems. The lack of an MILB season last year really showing with these young guys. It's been common across the league

Mariners uber prospect Kelenic has been awful and even the top prospect in MLB in Wander Franco hasn't been great thus far

4 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Nobody is writing him off.

You are overreacting as usual.

Could be first major league game jitters or it could just be he needs more work but starting in second inning it wasn't looking good by the location of his pitches.

Too many pitches in the middle and high middle of the strikezone.