• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could Minasian be Smarter than We Think

Revad

Minasian is smart. 

He acquired Raisel Iglesias for basically 6 million dollars and is going to flip him with 2 million remaining and get a nice prospect in return. Great move. 

He acquired Cobb, who has been a revelation. He shouldn't have parted with Jahmai Jones, but he is probably going to get equal value in return when he flips him at the deadline. 

He acquired Jose Iglesias for next to nothing and Iglesias is a decent starting SS in the major leagues. 

He was quick to pull trigger in putting Patrick Sandoval and Jose Suarez in the rotation when other staters underperformed. 

He signed Fletcher to a 25 million dollar extension that looks like an absolute steal right now. 

He at least recognized that the bullpen was a big frickin problem, and tried to address it by bringing in Cishek, Watson and Slegers, which didn't work but it makes it doesn't that he isn't naive to the issue. 

He cut ties with Pujols, who was not helping the team. 

He saw the lack of organizational depth in terms of pitching in A ball and High A, and drafted 19 collegiate starters to fix the issue. 

He drafted Sam Bachman instead of Kumar Rocker, effectively saving 3 million in a signing bonus for someone with just as much upside and less downside. This is despite experts thinking they should've gone with Rocker. 

He sent Rodriguez back down to AA to join Detmers in what figures to be a great SP tandem that will be major league ready sooner rather than later.

Really, my only issue with Minasian so far is that Jose Quintana was a crap signing from the start and his bullpen choices are equally garbage. But because Eppler was a better GM than most here even considered, now Minasian is going to have something insane like 50 million dollars to spend this winter, and all he needs is a shortstop, an upside SP and a new bullpen. 

He could re-up Iglesias, get an incredible SP for 25 million and still have 20 million left over to spend on relievers. 

So yeah, I do believe he's smart. 

Just now, Second Base said:

Minasian is smart. 

He acquired Raisel Iglesias for basically 6 million dollars and is going to flip him with 2 million remaining and get a nice prospect in return. Great move. 

He acquired Cobb, who has been a revelation. He shouldn't have parted with Jahmai Jones, but he is probably going to get equal value in return when he flips him at the deadline. 

He acquired Jose Iglesias for next to nothing and Iglesias is a decent starting SS in the major leagues. 

He was quick to pull trigger in putting Patrick Sandoval and Jose Suarez in the rotation when other staters underperformed. 

He signed Fletcher to a 25 million dollar extension that looks like an absolute steal right now. 

He at least recognized that the bullpen was a big frickin problem, and tried to address it by bringing in Cishek, Watson and Slegers, which didn't work but it makes it doesn't that he isn't naive to the issue. 

He saw the lack of organizational depth in terms of pitching in A ball and High A, and drafted 19 collegiate starters to fix the issue. 

He drafted Sam Bachman instead of Kumar Rocker, effectively saving 3 million in a signing bonus for someone with just as much upside and less downside. This is despite experts thinking they should've gone with Rocker. 

He sent Rodriguez back down to AA to join Detmers in what figures to be a great SP tandem that will be major league ready sooner rather than later.

Really, my only issue with Minasian so far is that Jose Quintana was a crap signing from the start and his bullpen choices are equally garbage. But because Eppler was a better GM than most here even considered, now Minasian is going to have something insane like 50 million dollars to spend this winter, and all he needs is a shortstop, an upside SP and a new bullpen. 

He could re-up Iglesias, get an incredible SP for 25 million and still have 20 million left over to spend on relievers. 

That's a pretty impressive list.

18 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Minasian is smart. 

But

I think Perry deserves credit, but its true early to determine how much credit. I also think Eppler deserve's credit aswell. 

Eppler got us Sandy, and than helped increase his upside! 

Drafted Detmers, helped increase his upside. 

Drafted Rodriguez

Traded for Stassi, who is one the best catchers in the game

Drafted Adell and Marsh\

Improved Walsh

With what Eppler and now Perry has done, we're going in the right direction and we just need to add in the missing pieces!  

42 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Minasian is smart. 

Great points. 

I'd like to see more being moved at the deadline, though. 

My only concern is that the Angels will play very well until the deadline against these shitty teams (which they have beat this season), then have the mentality of not being sellers and push for it but fall way short again....

They need to trade (R) Iglesias, Cobb, one of Heaney/Canning, and maybe even Jose Iglesias.
Just ride with the rotation of Ohtani, Heaney/Canning, Suarez, Sandoval, Detmers, Rodriguez for the rest of the year and let those boys grow. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Minasian is going to have something insane like 50 million dollars to spend this winter, and all he needs is a shortstop, an upside SP and a new bullpen. 

Good post. But I think you underestimate the work he has to do. He will need to acquire at least two, but perhaps three starters (one of whom needs to be a top of the rotation arm). He will also need to acquire an entire bullpen. 50 million will get spent real fast.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Minasian is smart. 

Well done.

I don't think Cobb is traded.  I see the Angels with a bunch of young pitchers needing some veteran leadership.  This is based on a reference that Gubi or Langston made regarding Cobb's influence on Sandoval and Suarez during the season.

26 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Well done.

I don't think Cobb is traded.  I see the Angels with a bunch of young pitchers needing some veteran leadership.  This is based on a reference that Gubi or Langston made regarding Cobb's influence on Sandoval and Suarez during the season.

They really should be trying to extend Cobb. He isn’t that old, has been superb this year, and could potentially be brought back on a very reasonable deal (given his last performance and injury issues).