• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros have a +140 differential, are they cheating again?

Hubs

If they get caught again, I want minimum 3-5 year suspensions for all the players involved both times. I want a 3 year postseason ban and a forfeiture of all of their draft picks for the next three seasons.

Hammer them into oblivion. I know the Angels haven't been lighting the world on fire, but the record in 2017, 2018, 2019, and so far in 2021 against the Astros in Houston is: 21-45 in 66 games.

People are still obsessing over something that the Astros did over three years ago. No one would even care about the Astros cheating that season if they never won the World Series. They're not the only team that got busted for cheating. The Red Sox got busted for cheating that same season over Apple Watches. And the Cardinals cheated against the Astros (funny) in 2015 when they were hacking the Astros' information. There has been a lot of cheaters in MLB history. I guess we should put an asterisk right next to the 2004 Red Sox's title because of their two former steroid boys (Manny and Ortiz), as well as their 2007 title, steroids Troy Glaus' "outstanding" 2002 postseason performance, A-Rod's 2003 AL MVP season, Bonds' last four MVPs, cheater/girl beater/rapist Bauer's 2020 and 2021, etc. And besides, the Angels might not have won the 2002 World Series if they didn't have steroid users Glaus and Donnelly. 

Yes, the Astros are cheating. They are cheaters, and the data backs it all up. The only question is, "how?"

And the answer isn't as simple as the trash can banging. For pitchers, yes, it's sticky stuff. Bauer knew it and exposed them (himself too once he started using) and Bubba Harkins, guilty as he was, also exposed Gerrit Cole and implicitly their entire staff. 

Their hitters, this time it's a select few that they feel are Astros for life and won't go blabbing. It's either electronic (the buzzer) or there is someone in the stands wearing a specific colored shirt standing and sitting as he is fed information. And they alternate using different people, different colored shirts and different sections. 

The only reason why I know about the t-shirt guy in the stands is because no less than four other teams around Major League Baseball have used this tactic in the past (Astros, Red Sox, Twins and Braves)

The Astros may even be alternating between tactics to avoid being caught. 

6 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Should MLB take away Glaus' 2002 World Series MVP trophy because of his use of steroids? Or have steroids Manny's home run off K-Rod in the 2007 postseason not count and have the Angels play the Red Sox once again? It is what it is. 

I don't care about that. If they're cheating now and get caught, they should be punished.

13 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Should MLB take away Glaus' 2002 World Series MVP trophy because of his use of steroids? Or have steroids Manny's home run off K-Rod in the 2007 postseason not count and have the Angels play the Red Sox once again? It is what it is. 

Not saying Glaus wasn't juicing during 2002 but I think his time line was more 2003 and 2004 when he was trying to come back from injuries, especially 2004 when all the sudden he made it back in time for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

People are still obsessing over something that the Astros did over three years ago. No one would even care about the Astros cheating that season if they never won the World Series. They're not the only team that got busted for cheating. The Red Sox got busted for cheating that same season over Apple Watches. And the Cardinals cheated against the Astros (funny) in 2015 when they were hacking the Astros' information. There has been a lot of cheaters in MLB history. I guess we should put an asterisk right next to the 2004 Red Sox's title because of their two former steroid boys (Manny and Ortiz), as well as their 2007 title, steroids Troy Glaus' "outstanding" 2002 postseason performance, A-Rod's 2003 AL MVP season, Bonds' last four MVPs, cheater/girl beater/rapist Bauer's 2020 and 2021, etc. And besides, the Angels might not have won the 2002 World Series if they didn't have steroid users Glaus and Donnelly. 

Just to be clear… you make literally zero sense. The steroid era lacked testing so saying that a guy took steroids is always unfounded if they a) were never caught, or b) weren’t caught until later in their careers. 

The cheating scandal that was exposed after the 2019 season supposedly only encompassed the regular season in 2017, and they didn’t have evidence in future seasons or in the playoffs that year which was frankly bullshit. Many teams thought they were cheating in 2018 and 2019. MLB minimized the scandal as best it could and gave them a slap on the wrist. They didn’t stop cheating until they were caught. Last year they were watched very carefully so all of their hitters numbers were down. This year they’re all right back to 2017-2019 levels. So yes we’re upset if the first place team in the AL West is cheating again for an unfair advantage. And the Red Sox got caught in 2018, when Cora was manager who cheated with Astros in 2017. 

7 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Just to be clear… you make literally zero sense. The steroid era lacked testing so saying that a guy took steroids is always unfounded if they a) were never caught, or b) weren’t caught until later in their careers. 

The cheating scandal that was exposed after the 2019 season supposedly only encompassed the regular season in 2017, and they didn’t have evidence in future seasons or in the playoffs that year which was frankly bullshit. Many teams thought they were cheating in 2018 and 2019. MLB minimized the scandal as best it could and gave them a slap on the wrist. They didn’t stop cheating until they were caught. Last year they were watched very carefully so all of their hitters numbers were down. This year they’re all right back to 2017-2019 levels. So yes we’re upset if the first place team in the AL West is cheating again for an unfair advantage. And the Red Sox got caught in 2018, when Cora was manager who cheated with Astros in 2017. 

Just because a player didn't get suspended for steroids doesn't mean that they were never on them. You know that, right? Sosa was never suspended for steroids but basically everyone knew that he was on the juice. Same for Clemens. Some people just know how to get away with crime(s) but that doesn't mean that they never did it. I think you're the one who is not making sense. And about Cora, it's very suspicious that Betts' two best seasons with the bat, in term of slash lines, came when Cora was his manager. Take away those two seasons and the 60-game season from 2020, and his best season at the plate is 2016, a .318/.363/.534 slash line. I've never thought of Betts as an elite hitter and he's very overrated because of WAR (thanks Trout for making it famous). 

2 hours ago, cals said:

Well you have to give me warning, I’ve spent the last 2 days making snotty remarks all over this place about you.

Maybe I only ignored you for 2 minutes to take the screenshot of your hidden posts, then un-ignored you so I could see all your posts without you knowing.

Think I See You GIF by DAZN North America

2 hours ago, rageous said:

MLB can easily fix this by using an electronic communication device from catcher to pitcher.

It would also speed up the game by not needing change signs with runners on base and getting signals mixed up.

You assume MLB wants to fix this issue