• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Deadline Predictions

What are your predictions for the trade deadline? Do the Angels buy, sell or maybe do both? What players do you think they target? 

My prediction is that Perry acquires Jose Berrios and Tyler Duffey from the Twins for a package centered around Marsh and William Holmes. 

Give me your best trade predictions for the Halos below⬇️

No major trades I can see, I do realize once Trout and Upton get healthy we'll have an OF situation but I honestly don't feel we have enough to get any kind of "game changer" arm. What's sad is that we traded for Hunter Strickland who was supposed to shore up our BP and that ended up being a bust, I don't know if I see any arms out there that we could net without giving up the farm.

I predict we’ll be tempted to sell- I want to win but that’s what should be done, and in the end it will be sell and buy (a controllable piece).  Or sell and move the farm up a notch.  I think if we sell we’ll be looking at some changes in the prospect list.  It could be a nice three or four additions to the top 30, maybe a change to the top ten.

7 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Raisel is moved 100% he’s our biggest tradable asset 

also Cobb will be moved if he has a couple more solid starts 

So do we give up on this season? Wildcard still 5.5 games back and only 1 game crap shoot. Raisel if not resigned could bring back decent prospect. I trade Cobb, Heaney, Bundy and bullpen pieces Watson, Cishek and others if you can. Still depends how close halos are on last week in July. 

1 hour ago, Revad said:

I predict we’ll be tempted to sell- I want to win but that’s what should be done, and in the end it will be sell and buy (a controllable piece).  Or sell and move the farm up a notch.  I think if we sell we’ll be looking at some changes in the prospect list.  It could be a nice three or four additions to the top 30, maybe a change to the top ten.

I think Raisel get us at least one prospect that likely slides into our top 5 and probably another into our top 10.  Heaney probably gets us one in our top 10.  Cobb easily one in our top 10.  

The way fangraphs does it is interesting where instead of fixing the number of prospects, they rank anyone at a future value of 35+ or better.  We have 32 guys that fit which is lower than most teams because we lack depth.  

Cobb, Iglesias, Heaney, and several others could (Watson, Cishek, Iglesias, maybe Bundy and Quintana) could net us upwards of 10 additional 35+ or better prospects.   

And just so that seems like less of an exaggeration, a guy like Kean Wong is 27th with a FV of 35+ so almost anyone we get is gonna roll into the top 40 range.  

The real benefit could be at the top of the system if you can get at least one 50-55 grade ie a top 100 guy and a couple additional guys in the 45+ range who are fringe top 100, that would be huge.  Right now, 7 of our top 16 are in rookie ball.  They have a lot to fill in for level A- through AA.  

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as guys are who they are regardless of whether FG has them at a certain value or not.  But the more the merrier.   

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So do we give up on this season? Wildcard still 5.5 games back and only 1 game crap shoot. Raisel if not resigned could bring back decent prospect. I trade Cobb, Heaney, Bundy and bullpen pieces Watson, Cishek and others if you can. Still depends how close halos are on last week in July. 

you don't do anything right now because you don't have to.  The deadline is still over 3 weeks and 20 games away.  Of course you don't sell if you end up 4 gb of the WC by months end.  I would also argue that you don't buy either.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

you don't do anything right now because you don't have to.  The deadline is still over 3 weeks and 20 games away.  Of course you don't sell if you end up 4 gb of the WC by months end.  I would also argue that you don't buy either.  

4.5 back I sell or assets you have you get nothing. Heaney, Cobb can be replaced from within. Detmers, Chris Rodriguez or Barria and bullpen Bundy, Quintana try to get something. Minasian could be in tough spot with Raisel Iglesias. You only buy if your can get a piece that you control at least for 2022.

4 hours ago, Fullmer17 said:

What are your predictions for the trade deadline? Do the Angels buy, sell or maybe do both? What players do you think they target? 

My prediction is that Perry acquires Jose Berrios and Tyler Duffey from the Twins for a package centered around Marsh and William Holmes. 

Give me your best trade predictions for the Halos below⬇️

Not bad, Berrios is durable and consistent (true #2-#3 starter).

The concern there though is Berrios being a FA after next season.

48 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Especially with Trout’s return just 7 games away

38 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

4.5 back I sell or assets you have you get nothing. Heaney, Cobb can be replaced from within. Detmers, Chris Rodriguez or Barria and bullpen Bundy, Quintana try to get something. Minasian could be in tough spot with Raisel Iglesias. You only buy if your can get a piece that you control at least for 2022.

and if we're still 4.5 back looking up at 5 other teams with a .500 record on july 30th then maybe.  They probably won't.  If we're out by 6 or more at that point I'm for sure selling.  3 or less I might try to grab a decent reliever.  Between 3 and 6 I just don't know.  

They've got a rough schedule coming up because of those two makeup games.  Lots of games, few days off and a lot of time far away from home.    

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

and if we're still 4.5 back looking up at 5 other teams with a .500 record on july 30th then maybe.  They probably won't.  If we're out by 6 or more at that point I'm for sure selling.  3 or less I might try to grab a decent reliever.  Between 3 and 6 I just don't know.  

They've got a rough schedule coming up because of those two makeup games.  Lots of games, few days off and a lot of time far away from home.    

In addition to the pace of the schedule, they've also got 7 games against the Padres and Dodgers, and only 3 left against the Rockies--so the interleague portion of the schedule isn't particularly favorable to them.  Also, 5 of those games are on the road, so that may have implications for Ohtani, depending on timing/matchups.

I think Doc defined it well...given their placement in the wildcard, they aren't buyers or sellers yet. Minasian is probably going back and forth, at least on a week-by-week basis.

But right now, they don't sell. What does that tell the team and Trout? Let's reconvene around the ASB--that's six more games. We might know more then, or we might be in the exact place we are now. 

It could also be that they end up selling, but selling less than we thought: one of Cobb or Heaney, who can be somewhat replaced by Barria, Detmers, or C-Rod, and maybe one or two fo the non-Raisel relievers. Obviously Raisel has the most trade value, but unless the Angels are clearly out of it, they won't trade him. So we're probably looking at July 20 or later before any significant trade happens, and maybe not until the 30th-31st.

If you want specific guesses, I'll go with....

Angels trade Raisel Iglesias and Alex Cobb to Toronto Blue Jays in return for catcher Gabriel Moreno, and pitchers Eric Pardinho and Joey Murray. 

Angels trade Andrew Heaney to the New York Mets in return for RHP Robert Dominguez. 

Angels trade Jo Adell and Jeremiah Jackson to the Cincinnati Reds in return for RHP Luis Castillo. 

So they'll sell current assets for a catcher and three future relievers, and purchase a #2 starter with two more years of club control for a couple of very athletic prospects. 

44 minutes ago, mmc said:

How can anyone argue against selling, particularly with the pitching, our pitching has been awful, can we really somehow with trades make it so much worse that it's the difference between us competing or not competing?

Minasian is new on the job, I think it's fair to expect him to remake the team to match his vision. He's had enough time on the job to assess things, and either now, or this upcoming winter, I think we can expect to see major changes. 

Buying and selling should be on the table.