• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Deadline Predictions

My updated predictions

1. Angels trade Raisel Iglesias and Alex Cobb to Toronto Blue Jays in return for catcher Gabriel Moreno, and pitchers Eric Pardinho and Joey Murray. 

- Clearly a sell move but Moreno would be the catcher of the future and Pardinho and Murray are future bullpen arms that are dealing with injuries that Minasian is familiar with. 

2. Angels trade Andrew Heaney and Jose Iglesias to the New York Mets in return for RHP Robert Dominguez and OF Alex Ramirez (which is going to confuse the F out of Angel fans because we already have an OF prospect named Alex Ramirez).

- Also a sell move, but it opens up a spot at SS for Rengifo and a rotation spot for either Bundy/Quintana or Detmers or Rodriguez if they're ready. The return, Dominguez and Ramirez are a couple lotto tickets. Dominguez is big and throws hard, and Ramirez is a future toolsy 4th OF type. 

3. Angels trade Jo Adell and Jeremiah Jackson to the Cincinnati Reds in return for RHP Luis Castillo. 

- Actually a buy move. Minasian will have had enough time to assess the farm, and he feels like Adell and Jackson's present value offers a greater payout than waiting three years for those two prospects to materialize. Castillo immediately slots into the front of the rotation and is someone they build around. 

4. Angels trade Kurt Suzuki to the San Francisco Giants for RHP Kevin Castro. 

- Opens up a spot for Thaiss on the big league roster, and Castro is one of those arms that's doing well in AAA right now, but projects as more of a non-impactful middle reliever in the major leagues rather than valuable bullpen piece. 

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

My updated predictions

1. Angels trade Raisel Iglesias and Alex Cobb to Toronto Blue Jays in return for catcher Gabriel Moreno, and pitchers Eric Pardinho and Joey Murray. 

- Clearly a sell move but Moreno would be the catcher of the future and Pardinho and Murray are future bullpen arms that are dealing with injuries that Minasian is familiar with. 

2. Angels trade Andrew Heaney and Jose Iglesias to the New York Mets in return for RHP Robert Dominguez and OF Alex Ramirez (which is going to confuse the F out of Angel fans because we already have an OF prospect named Alex Ramirez).

- Also a sell move, but it opens up a spot at SS for Rengifo and a rotation spot for either Bundy/Quintana or Detmers or Rodriguez if they're ready. The return, Dominguez and Ramirez are a couple lotto tickets. Dominguez is big and throws hard, and Ramirez is a future toolsy 4th OF type. 

3. Angels trade Jo Adell and Jeremiah Jackson to the Cincinnati Reds in return for RHP Luis Castillo. 

- Actually a buy move. Minasian will have had enough time to assess the farm, and he feels like Adell and Jackson's present value offers a greater payout than waiting three years for those two prospects to materialize. Castillo immediately slots into the front of the rotation and is someone they build around. 

4. Angels trade Kurt Suzuki to the San Francisco Giants for RHP Kevin Castro. 

- Opens up a spot for Thaiss on the big league roster, and Castro is one of those arms that's doing well in AAA right now, but projects as more of a non-impactful middle reliever in the major leagues rather than valuable bullpen piece. 

Would Minasian blackmail the GMs of the Blue Jays, Mets, Reds, and Giants in some way?

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Would Minasian blackmail the GMs of the Blue Jays, Mets, Reds, and Giants in some way?

I see that you think the returns don't match their value. I won't agree or disagree, mostly because I know some about these guys, but not enough to spend me resources fervently defending. 

I tried to target guys that aren't top prospects, or necessarily irreplaceable to reach organization, but also have some projection in them. Guys in that Ty Buttrey or Williams Jerez mold that the Angels got from Boston for Ian Kinsler. 

6 hours ago, mmc said:

Selling makes sense.

But fuck..... it kind of sucks for the team. Theyre hanging in there, at the halfway point..... with trout gone, rendon gone a huge chunk, and upton out. 

You hate to break it up for the group thats fighting.

Again..... selling makes sense. But you have to wonder what they can do when trout comes back

I was wondering the general consensus: buy, sell, or stand pat, cuz I haven't been on here for a bit. Seems to be sell.

I think that could happen, but if they make a push as they did in 2019, they need to buy. We were 54-49 after the Dodgers series that year, the last game I went to btw, and were a season high 5 games over .500, after starting July at 1 game under .500.

They went 2-6 against Baltimore and Detroit to finish the month, and stood pat, not selling or buying much of anything. (Well, they got Max Stassi, but he didn't add much in 2019). They proceeded to play 19 games under .500 in August and September.

They could've used some pitching reinforcements, and didn't go get anyone. This year, we could use a starter, but more importantly, a reliever or two with less mileage on their arm this year. Just some reinforcements.

The future of the Angels looks better than the present, but a few tweaks make the present a whole lot better.

1) Buy two relievers from the Pirates. They have 5 guys who have ERA+ of at least 125 and 20 IP and a 6th guy at 111. I don't know these guys that well, but surely you can get them for a mid range prospect or two.

2) Trade Kurt Suzuki and bring up Matt Thaiss. Not really a deadline move, but by the end of this month, Thaiss will still be hitting the heck out of AAA balls and also have caught 35-40 games in AAA, and supposedly is doing it well. Let's give him a two month audition to be the platoon partner of Stassi behind the dish.

3) Acquire Jon Gray and Trevor Story from the Rockies. Iglesias is playing well, and so is Fletcher, but Story is an upgrade over Iglesias and he is an pending free agent. Fletcher can also play the outfield.

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I was wondering the general consensus: buy, sell, or stand pat, cuz I haven't been on here for a bit. Seems to be sell.

I think that could happen, but if they make a push as they did in 2019, they need to buy. We were 54-49 after the Dodgers series that year, the last game I went to btw, and were a season high 5 games over .500, after starting July at 1 game under .500.

They went 2-6 against Baltimore and Detroit to finish the month, and stood pat, not selling or buying much of anything. (Well, they got Max Stassi, but he didn't add much in 2019). They proceeded to play 19 games under .500 in August and September.

They could've used some pitching reinforcements, and didn't go get anyone. This year, we could use a starter, but more importantly, a reliever or two with less mileage on their arm this year. Just some reinforcements.

The future of the Angels looks better than the present, but a few tweaks make the present a whole lot better.

1) Buy two relievers from the Pirates. They have 5 guys who have ERA+ of at least 125 and 20 IP and a 6th guy at 111. I don't know these guys that well, but surely you can get them for a mid range prospect or two.

2) Trade Kurt Suzuki and bring up Matt Thaiss. Not really a deadline move, but by the end of this month, Thaiss will still be hitting the heck out of AAA balls and also have caught 35-40 games in AAA, and supposedly is doing it well. Let's give him a two month audition to be the platoon partner of Stassi behind the dish.

3) Acquire Jon Gray and Trevor Story from the Rockies. Iglesias is playing well, and so is Fletcher, but Story is an upgrade over Iglesias and he is an pending free agent. Fletcher can also play the outfield.

I’m ok with buying, but this team is an absolutely no position to acquire rentals.  No to Story/Gray.

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Selling makes the most sense, but again..... adding trout to this lineup..... eesh...

Then rendon (before he breaks again) and upton.....

Only big piece halos have is Raisel. Others only maybe Heaney or Cobb bring back something decent. If halos 2 to 3 games out of wildcard I try and resign Raisel and Cobb. Angels also can wait till off season and resign both. Minasian may surprise and go after starter he can keep for next year. I covered most bases so I will be right at deadline.

21 hours ago, Hubs said:

Rentals usually cost less than players under long term deals and they're more likely to get moved.

They also should look into what Max Scherzer will cost.

Scherzer has stated that he won't waive his NTC without an extension.

20 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Selling makes the most sense, but again..... adding trout to this lineup..... eesh...

Then rendon (before he breaks again) and upton.....

and then re-sign Fowler