• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apparently the Angels are sellers (according to Fangraphs)

Angels DRS has gone from -20 on May 23rd to -12 today.

ERA since May 23rd 3.58, FIP 3.56, xFIP and Sierra both at 3.73.  This doesn't mean the pitching is great, but it shows just how much defense impacts pitching.

The big bump defense has come the last 12-13 days which coincides with the return of Max Stassi.

He may be the team's most important player if for no other reason because he limits the usage of the guy who may be their worst.

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

One day a year, we will call it Canadian Day, we let him in.  Then we block him again for 364 days. 

29 minutes ago, mmc said:

Canada Day is July 1st

Coincidentally, we play the Yankees.

I never really thought they were sellers. Not with Ohtani, Rendon, and Trout in their primes. Question is, do they buy? 

I would love a Trevor Story / Jon Gray or German Marquez trade. But that might cost a ton (for Marquez).

Iglesias has been doing really well even though Fletch hit his sophomore slump thus year. 

They could use an OF possibly as well, but they can solve that by promoting Adell.

They need to sell. They may not have another opportunity to restock the farm like this for a long time. They’re on the cusp of being really good but this pitching staff would get demolished in the playoffs. How many runs did they just give up to the dbacks? 

imagine the return for both Iglesias, Cobb, Bundy, and Heaney. None of these guys will get a QO and they could all walk for nothing. Trading them now should help to secure some pitching for future seasons. It also gives Sandoval, Renfigo, and Barria a chance to see if they can stick next season.  I believe they will all be out of options next year so it’s do or die time. 

4 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

They need to sell. They may not have another opportunity to restock the farm like this for a long time. They’re on the cusp of being really good but this pitching staff would get demolished in the playoffs. How many runs did they just give up to the dbacks? 

imagine the return for both Iglesias, Cobb, Bundy, and Heaney. None of these guys will get a QO and they could all walk for nothing. Trading them now should help to secure some pitching for future seasons. It also gives Sandoval, Renfigo, and Barria a chance to see if they can stick next season.  I believe they will all be out of options next year so it’s do or die time. 

I highly doubt the return for those guys would be any better than future Taylor Wards or Buttreys.  If we really hit the Jackpot we would get another Sandoval but probably a Tropeano type 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I highly doubt the return for those guys would be any better than future Taylor Wards or Buttreys.  If we really hit the Jackpot we would get another Sandoval but probably a Tropeano type 

You could be right but it’s better than them walking and getting nothing in return. There’s too many holes on this team for them to compete in October.