• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

24 minutes ago, TroutField said:

It’s not as if we released his ass, he didn’t want to accept a lesser role and stomped his feet like a child, and then accepted the same role for the Dodgers. He could have had a nice send off from the Angels and all of baseball with a cool send off tour like Jeter had, but at this point he’s a shell of his former self and I don’t know how he is not embarrassed to still try to play this game. I guess running into a fastball from a guy making his 2nd big league start is about all you can hope for from Albert these days. 

Was this ever confirmed?  @Jeff Fletcher

Pujols has a 110 OPS+ since joining the dodgers.  The Angels currently only have 3 position players with an OPS+ higher than that, 2 of which combine to have 110 PAs on the season (Mayfield 85 PAs and Adell 25 PAs), so they should be more embarrassed then. 

What about his personal services contract?

Very hard to see Angel fans embracing him as a team ambassador or representative. 

Last year (or was it 2019?) his praising of St. Louis fans seemed insensitive. This year there is subtle animosity on his part about how the Angels treated him 

And though he had a decade wearing the halo and some respectable early years he never played up to the value of his contract. And in all his Angel time he never seemed to embrace the organization. Not that he was a jerk then, but more of a mercenary. Knowing that his fame and status was already insured as a Cardinal. 

And when he goes into the HOF he will go as a Cardinal, though still working for the Angels. And there even is a realistic possibility he wins a World Series this year with the Dodgers and goes out in a blaze of Dodger blue glory. Only to slink back next year as a chum of Arte. 

1 minute ago, Duren, Duren said:

Very hard to see Angel fans embracing him as a team ambassador or representative. 

No worries, Arte has plans to make him his cabin boy and serve drinks on his yacht.

26 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Last year (or was it 2019?) his praising of St. Louis fans seemed insensitive. This year there is subtle animosity on his part about how the Angels treated him 

And though he had a decade wearing the halo and some respectable early years he never played up to the value of his contract. And in all his Angel time he never seemed to embrace the organization. Not that he was a jerk then, but more of a mercenary. Knowing that his fame and status was already insured as a Cardinal. 

And when he goes into the HOF he will go as a Cardinal, though still working for the Angels. And there even is a realistic possibility he wins a World Series this year with the Dodgers and goes out in a blaze of Dodger blue glory. Only to slink back next year as a chum of Arte. 

Casual Angel fans (who make up about 90% of the fanbase) think Pujols was a veteran leader who made the team better, and so he was treated unfairly when the Angels released him. They're not in sync enough with the team to realize that Pujols was always kind of a dick while he was here (in addition to sucking).

35 minutes ago, cals said:

If I’m obsessed it’s with the AW obsession with this guy. Frankly I’d like it if we stopped embarrassing ourselves and just ignored him.

Just a hunch, if we were to look at this 44 page thread you would have the most posts in it.  

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Failos (95), Lou (92), then cals (82) and Taylor (58).  If you look at the upper right of the page, you can see who has posted the most in any thread.

I feel some shame.

edit: dammit now that’s 96

Edited by failos

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Pujols has a 110 OPS+ since joining the dodgers.  The Angels currently only have 3 position players with an OPS+ higher than that, 2 of which combine to have 110 PAs on the season (Mayfield 85 PAs and Adell 25 PAs), so they should be more embarrassed then. 

He would have taken at bats from Ohtani and Walsh (until Walsh was on the DL) regardless of his fluke OPS in LA having him in this roster did no good. 

5 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I never believed that Pujols “refused” to be a bench player. But I honestly never looked in to it too much after those first few days because it doesn’t matter. 

I think the most likely scenario is the Angels just didn’t want him.