• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per his Instagram, Ty Buttrey is retiring from the game of baseball

3 hours ago, Lou said:

And the rest of you should be embarrassed. You guys let a weak 27-yr old HS graduate play you. 

That's just beautiful.

“Played” in what way?  You and cals are the only people that seem to have an emotional stake in this.  Most people didn’t really care why he left and don't care why he’s coming back.  

1 minute ago, mmc said:

“Played” in what way?  You and cals are the only people that seem to have an emotional stake in this.  Most people didn’t really care why he left and don't care why he’s coming back.  

Haha!

Read this thread. The only thing I care about is how ridiculous people here were about how Ty was doing it for some honorable reason. Those people were reacting on emotions.  We just informed them how dumb they were going to look when Buttrey does the inevitable and un-retires. 

We were 100% right.

16 minutes ago, cals said:

The issue wasn't his right to make a decision.

It was that you all praised his courage for following his heart like it was an episode of The View or a tampon commercial. 

I'm more amused by the self-righteous 50-somethings who put so much emotional energy into criticizing his decision.

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Haha!

Read this thread. The only thing I care about is how ridiculous people here were about how Ty was doing it for some honorable reason. Those people were reacting on emotions.  We just informed them how dumb they were going to look when Buttrey does the inevitable and un-retires. 

We were 100% right.

I don't really care about "honor" from his perspective but from a team perspective would you rather a dude who's burnt out and whose heart isn't in the game anymore be on the roster not giving us full effort over someone who would?  

10 minutes ago, cals said:

Fuck you still believe his bullshit!

Not really sure what other reason you think a guy has for retiring in his prime besides losing his passion.  If you want to argue it's a bitch move, I don't agree but I can at least understand that position.  Not sure what else you could think the reason is

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

Not really sure what other reason you think a guy has for retiring in his prime besides losing his passion.  If you want to argue it's a bitch move, I don't agree but I can at least understand that position.  Not sure what else you could think the reason is

I suggest you go back and read his statement detailing his reasons for retiring. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The following two things aren't necessarily incompatible:

1. Buttrey retires for personal reasons.

2. Buttrey comes back, because he wants to play baseball again.

People's lives change. I mean, maybe he knew all along he was going to come back, but there isn't enough info to go on. 

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

I suggest you go back and read his statement detailing his reasons for retiring. 

He wasn't one bit vague about his reasons for retiring. 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, jsnpritchett said:

This is pretty much where I come down on the situation, too. Baffles me to see some of the responses in this thread.  People make career and life decisions for all sorts of reasons, and just because you don't understand it or wouldn't have done the same thing doesn't mean it wasn't the right move for that person at that time.  

Speaking from personal experience, about 2 years ago, I left a job that most in my field would see as among the most desirable. I was paid very well, had a good bonus, great benefits, access to high-profile movie and TV projects, etc. But I was burned out, wasn't finding joy in it on a day-to-day basis, the stress of it was affecting my health,  and I realized it was time for me to walk away. Some people told me I was crazy for doing so.  They said I'd worked my whole career to get to that point.  

But you know what? 2 years later, I'm in better health (physically and mentally) and I'm much happier,  even though I'm making a fraction of what I made before.  It was absolutely the right decision for ME and those in my life, even if it wouldn't have been for someone else in my circumstances.  That's how I view the Buttrey situation. 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:51 PM, jsnpritchett said:

I won't change anything I've said in this thread if he comes back. If you read what I wrote in my initial post, I said that sometimes decisions like this are the right thing for a person at a given time, even if others don't understand it. In another year or 2, I might decide to go back to a job similar to the one I left. That doesn't mean that leaving the one I left 2 years ago was a wrong or bad decision. You have such a limited, black-or-white view of things.

Still how I feel.  If he makes it back, good for him.  If he doesn't, no big deal.  I genuinely don't understand the desire of some people in this thread to feel the need to do a "gotcha"/"I was right!"  "Right" about what, exactly?  I don't feel fooled, manipulated, misled, etc.  Dude make a decision a year ago and now he's coming back.  People change their minds for a lot of reasons all the time.  Still doesn't mean it was the wrong decision at the time or that what he said at the time was insincere.

• 4 months later...