• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per his Instagram, Ty Buttrey is retiring from the game of baseball

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, Lou said:

He'd still be playing if he had made the team. 

He'll be back at some point in the future. 

I had to come back to this one for some fun.  Unfortunately you can only see my responses if someone quoted me but your gems are all here. 

12 minutes ago, cals said:

The 15 people that liked this post should really be embarrassed. 

Not really.  I know you and some others will just pile on again when I say this, but tdawg's post accurately represents how some people really feel.  I understand that you simply do not believe that Buttrey's statements about why he left and why he came back, but, as I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I believe what he said, mainly because I've made career decisions of my own for similar reasons.  And Buttrey deciding to return to baseball isn't the invalidation of his feelings at the time of his retirement that you seem to think it is. 

But, sure, go ahead and reply with 37 posts explaining how stupid and foolish I and others who understand Buttrey's perspective are.

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not really.  I know you and some others will just pile on again when I say this, but tdawg's post accurately represents how some people really feel.  I understand that you simply do not believe that Buttrey's statements about why he left and why he came back, but, as I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I believe what he said, mainly because I've made career decisions of my own for similar reasons.  And Buttrey deciding to return to baseball isn't the invalidation of his feelings at the time of his retirement that you seem to think it is. 

But, sure, go ahead and reply with 37 posts explaining how stupid and foolish I and others who understand Buttrey's perspective are.

You aren't foolish, just naïve. Not to rehash the entire thread but his immature statement at the beginning made it clear he was having a temper tantrum, not following his heart.  I don't know why you guys can't see that.

I have no problem with someone quitting a job they hate and doing what they really want to do.  That simply wasn't the case. 

Just now, cals said:

You aren't foolish, just naïve. Not to rehash the entire thread but his immature statement at the beginning made it clear he was having a temper tantrum, not following his heart.  I don't know why you guys can't see that.

I have no problem with someone quitting a job they hate and doing what they really want to do.  That simply wasn't the case. 

It's not naive to have this opinion, nor was his decision a result of a temper tantrum.  It kind of seems like you haven't actually followed the story.  But that's ok.  I just don't see why you feel the need to come back to this and belittle people who say they understand why Buttrey did what he did.  Move on.  I'm sure you have better things to do.

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's not naive to have this opinion, nor was his decision a result of a temper tantrum.  It kind of seems like you haven't actually followed the story.  But that's ok.  I just don't see why you feel the need to come back to this and belittle people who say they understand why Buttrey did what he did.  Move on.  I'm sure you have better things to do.

Now you're confused. Go back and read how it all played out.  He didn't make the team and "retired" and then said he had proven everyone wrong and made it the majors and had nothing left to prove.  He had a temper tantrum.

I need for you to admit you are wrong.  As wrong as Buttrey. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Now you're confused. Go back and read how it all played out.  He didn't make the team and "retired" and then said he had proven everyone wrong and made it the majors and had nothing left to prove.  He had a temper tantrum.

I need for you to admit you are wrong.  As wrong as Buttrey. 

Nah.  You have this weird obsession with proving people "wrong" or trying to force them to "admit" they're wrong.  It's more than a little bizarre.  Nothing I said was wrong.  We differ on how we interpret was what said.  You take the cynical view and I don't.  The guy was burned out, decided he wanted to do something else and see if he could find a new passion, and, in doing so, re-ignited his desire to play baseball.  You see him as some sort of childish fool who got scared that he wasn't going to make money.  That's fine if that's how you want to see the world.  It's just sort of sad.

I don't really have anything else to say on the matter, as you'll just keep repeating the same stuff and trying to fulfill your weird "need" (your word, not mine) for people admitting they're wrong.  Hope you find fulfillment in doing that on here.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Nah.  You have this weird obsession with proving people "wrong" or trying to force them to "admit" they're wrong.  It's more than a little bizarre.  Nothing I said was wrong.  We differ on how we interpret was what said.  You take the cynical view and I don't.  The guy was burned out, decided he wanted to do something else and see if he could find a new passion, and, in doing so, re-ignited his desire to play baseball.  You see him as some sort of childish fool who got scared that he wasn't going to make money.  That's fine if that's how you want to see the world.  It's just sort of sad.

I don't really have anything else to say on the matter, as you'll just keep repeating the same stuff and trying to fulfill your weird "need" (your word, not mine) for people admitting they're wrong.  Hope you find fulfillment in doing that on here.

The funny thing is that I feel sad for you.  Sometimes bullshit is hard to sniff out.

This is not one of those cases.  The bullshit here was staring everyone right in their faces.

You all should have been able to see it.  I'm still shocked you didn't. 

10 minutes ago, cals said:

The funny thing is that I feel sad for you.  Sometimes bullshit is hard to sniff out.

This is not one of those cases.  The bullshit here was staring everyone right in their faces.

Even if you think this is true, why does it hurt you so much?

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

Even if you think this is true, why does it hurt you so much?

Listen young man, you've embarrassed yourself even more than tdawg and pritch in this thread.  Best you go home before the big boys put you back in your place.  Run along. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Listen young man, you've embarrassed yourself even more than tdawg and pritch in this thread.  Best you go home before the big boys put you back in your place.  Run along. 

I don’t think there’s anything more embarrassing than a grown man obsessing over the career choice of another grown man who he feels is beneath him for over a year

21 minutes ago, cals said:

He was burned out.....

until he saw his new paychecks. 

8 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t think there’s anything more embarrassing than a grown man obsessing over the career choice of another grown man who he feels is beneath him for over a year

You aren't very bright, are you?

My "obsession", if I have one, isn't with Buttrey. I don't care what he does.

My focus (more appropriate choice of wording) has always been on the compete lack of general ability to sniff out bullshit by a significant percentage of the people who participated in this thread, including you.

And it's obvious you are attacking me because you're embarrassed that you got served sucka. 

And that's fine. I acknowledge your hurt feelings are a concession of defeat. 

3 minutes ago, cals said:

My focus (more appropriate choice of wording) has always been on the compete lack of general ability to sniff out bullshit by a significant percentage of the people who participated in this thread, including you.

And it's obvious you are attacking me because you're embarrassed that you got served sucka. 

So you're actually just obsessed with internet posters you feel are beneath you for well over a year.  Somehow that's even more embarrassing.  

4 minutes ago, cals said:

Exactly.

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

So you're actually just obsessed with internet posters you feel are beneath you for well over a year.  Somehow that's even more embarrassing.  

Your reading comprehension is poor. 

I don't think you are all beneath me. I think you are all naïve.  There is a difference.