• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per his Instagram, Ty Buttrey is retiring from the game of baseball

Found it:

On 4/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Why? Because he doesn't love baseball and has the balls to take a different path? We don't know how authentic his statement is, but assuming that is--and I see no reason not to accept it at face value--it makes perfect sense.

Speaking of education, remember your Homer. Achilles said that it is better to be a beggar in the land of the living than a king in the land of the dead. While there are different ways to interpret that, one would be: better to live a life that makes you feel alive (and happy) than to sell your soul for money doing something that you hate.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I mean this is basically it.  We were attacked for being “assholes” or “cynics” and not supporting his decision to pursue happiness over money.  

But the red flags were staring us all right in the face.  From the timing to the ridiculous statement he put out it was clear he was full of shit.  And my feeling then and my feeling now is disappointment and disbelief that the rest of you could not see it.  How naive are most of you?

Very 

1 hour ago, cals said:

I mean this is basically it.  We were attacked for being “assholes” or “cynics” and not supporting his decision to pursue happiness over money.  

But the red flags were staring us all right in the face.  From the timing to the ridiculous statement he put out it was clear he was full of shit.  And my feeling then and my feeling now is disappointment and disbelief that the rest of you could not see it.  How naive are most of you?

Well in our defense, you were being an asshole.  

30 minutes ago, cals said:

So you couldn't see his bullshit because I was being mean?

I had one of the first posts in this long ass thread saying, “do what you love” is the worst advice ever.  I still have zero idea if he did this because he was being sent down, or if he was contemplating stepping away is what lead to him being sent down.  I don’t really care.  People have change of hearts all the damn time with their profession.  Is Jordan a hypocrite because he left basketball then came back?  Sandberg?  LaRussa?  Clemens?  Granted Buttrey isn’t a hall of fame player, but that isn’t what we are talking about.