• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Like someone farted in church...

Inside Pitch

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, guys sit around and drink beer, and talk shit while sitting at BWW, living room, or home poker game.  They don't employ, or manage the people they are talking shit about.

Its another thing when management thinks so poorly of a prized 20-year old Dominican prospect that practically the first thing out of the CEO's mouth is that "his English is not tremendous".  For fuck's sake.  You mean to tell me that's what you come up with to describe your prospect?  English being his *second* language?

He calls one of his pitchers "very boring".

He calls Kyle Seager "overpaid".

He talks about possibly breaking CBA rules regarding service time.

Oh, and this shithead caused the organization to pay out half a mil in sexual harassment hush money.

He pretty much breaks every tenet of Management 101.  And this isn't some far flung VP of communications or some sort.  This is the CEO.

Management of an organization that is held in a public trust should be held to a much higher standard than a couple of assholes standing around a campfire drinking beers.

Yes, so why did you bring up Arte and Kuhl sitting around saying this shit because they were college drinking buddies?  

4 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, guys sit around and drink beer, and talk shit while sitting at BWW, living room, or home poker game.  They don't employ, or manage the people they are talking shit about.

Its another thing when management thinks so poorly of a prized 20-year old Dominican prospect that practically the first thing out of the CEO's mouth is that "his English is not tremendous".  For fuck's sake.  You mean to tell me that's what you come up with to describe your prospect?  English being his *second* language?

He calls one of his pitchers "very boring".

He calls Kyle Seager "overpaid".

He talks about possibly breaking CBA rules regarding service time.

Oh, and this shithead caused the organization to pay out half a mil in sexual harassment hush money.

He pretty much breaks every tenet of Management 101.  And this isn't some far flung VP of communications or some sort.  This is the CEO.

Management of an organization that is held in a public trust should be held to a much higher standard than a couple of assholes standing around a campfire drinking beers.

Spot on.    The issue for the Ms and everyone still there now is that since he made those comments "out loud", pretty much everyone assumes it's the sort of shit they have been saying in private.

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes, so why did you bring up Arte and Kuhl sitting around saying this shit because they were college drinking buddies?  

Examples aside, I think the notion that this sort of "banter" is commonplace isn't really off.   Heck baseball may be the sport where it's most prevalent.  Read one book about MLB and it's treatment of Latin amateur players if you need a glimpse of it.

58 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, like I said -- you can see why Mathers said what he did about the kid being confident.   And like I said, JD's comments about him making the sort of jump he's talking about are spot on.   Also the M's plan to try to lock guys up early would have been a coup for them had they been able to get guys on board. 

This Mathers thing is a huge monkey wrench for them.   I don't think JD is a victim here by any stretch but he's been handed a shit sandwich.

You are right, Mathers certainly left Dipoto in a shitty position like Dipoto left the Angels. Karma?

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I haven't but I've read in multiple stories that his English is quite good.  

Speaking as someone who is trying to learn a new language as an adult, it is hard as hell.  Tip my hat to anyone learning a new language willing to speak it in a public setting for everyone to hear.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Based on the organizational failures, including a player drug overdose brought on by an organizational staffer and a serial sexual harasser coach, I don't think the current braintrust is any better.

I take that back.  They are smart enough to not say the quiet parts loud, and the loud parts quiet.

Just my opinion.  I think the entire Angels organization is completely and utterly mediocre.

50 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Based on the organizational failures, including a player drug overdose brought on by an organizational staffer and a serial sexual harasser coach, I don't think the current braintrust is any better.

I take that back.  They are smart enough to not say the quiet parts loud, and the loud parts quiet.

Just my opinion.  I think the entire Angels organization is completely and utterly mediocre.

What are you talking about?  Did something happen to cause this flailing of thoughts?

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether a team broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - they did. [winks at Mickey Callaway] But you can't hold a whole major league baseball team responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame all major league baseball executives? And if all major league baseball executives are guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our workplaces in general? I put it to you, - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether a team broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - they did. [winks at Mickey Callaway] But you can't hold a whole major league baseball team responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame all major league baseball executives? And if all major league baseball executives are guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our workplaces in general? I put it to you, - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Sexy American GIF

42 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

You lost me at Ladies and "gentlemen."

Edited by T.G.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, but this isn't over.  It isn't over until we say it's over.  Was it over when Dipoto bombed our Minor League System?  No, it ain't over now.