• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Angels Seasons (Besides 2002)

Taylor

A positive spin on the "Most Disappointing Season" thread. Which season, other than 2002, do you remember having the most fun?

Even though the end result wasn't great, I have very fond memories of 2000. Darin Erstad chasing the single-season hits record; Glaus, Salmon, GA, and Mo Vaughn having monster seasons. The offense was simply incredible.

In 2009, the Angels finally getting over their Red Sox curse in the ALDS and making it past the first round was awesome. I was at Game 1, and the Angels actually winning felt like a gigantic weight off of our (the fans' and the team's) shoulders.

2008, by far. 

Like everyone here, I hated the end, but the season was so much fun, from Torii robbing Richie Sexon of a game-tying homer in the 9th inning in one of the first games of the year, to Lackey almost pitching a no-no at Fenway, to acquiring Teixeira, to the game I attended in August against the Yankees where the Angels scored 8 runs in the eighth inning and a Yankees fan in my row actually started crying... that was the most fun regular season I ever experienced. 

I enjoyed 1995. Big lead felt confident. Disarcina got injured and team fell apart. Epic comeback by angels to force a 1 game playoff. Big Unit shut them down.

Angels weren't supposed to compete that year and since I was too young in 1986 to appreciate it this was my first kinda sniff at post season as an Angel fan. 

Crazy we'd have to wait another 7 years. 

5 hours ago, Justin said:

2008, by far. 

Like everyone here, I hated the end, but the season was so much fun, from Torii robbing Richie Sexon of a game-tying homer in the 9th inning in one of the first games of the year, to Lackey almost pitching a no-no at Fenway, to acquiring Teixeira, to the game I attended in August against the Yankees where the Angels scored 8 runs in the eighth inning and a Yankees fan in my row actually started crying... that was the most fun regular season I ever experienced. 

Our 2008 team was so stacked....

Just to add to my post count, the 1982 team was probably the most talented team from top to bottom.  How that club didn't manage to win 1 game in Milwaukee, I couldn't tell you.

Reggie and Baylor, Lynn, DeCinces, Grich, Boone, Carew.  What an offense.  Scored 19 runs in a game, late in the season, against the Jays or Rangers.  

17 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Probably would have won the division (or at least got the WC) if not for the poor start in 2012.  Pujols put up near-2011 numbers after his terrible April.  And the TNT combo (Trumbo n Trout), Trout's memorable ROY season.

12 is a good one. For me, like you mentioned, was the TnT thing.

Trout comes out of nowhere and shocks the world. Trumbo tapered off, but his first half was cool as hell. 

Lots of reason to be excited for those two.

Then Weavers no hitter. Pujols finally clicking. Etc etc

Let down ending, but an amazing summer.

I know we arent supposed to use 2002. But ignoring the playoffs, the season was great. All those comebacks were fun. And if you were a fan before then, it felt great to see that core finally do what you always told your coworkers they could do

Without a doubt 1962 Angels Second year team finished 86 and 76 in third place. Bunch of no names and young players in first place on July 4. Played in Dodger stadium watching them beat the Yankees who had Mantle, Maris, Ford, Boyer, Kubek, Richardson and many more. Led by Leon Wagner with 37 HR and 107 RBI and Lee Thomas 26 HR and 104 RBI. The little angel Albie Pearson had 115 runs scored. Every angel fan knows Dean Chance,he was 14 and 10 that year pitching in 50 games. Dean had 24 starts that year with 8 saves, at the age of 21. Halos really did not have a closer that year but had 10 pitchers with at least 1 save.Tom Morgan led team with 9 saves that year. This team played with more guts and determination of any team in halo history. 

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Without a doubt 1962 Angels Second year team finished 86 and 76 in third place. Bunch of no names and young players in first place on July 4. Played in Dodger stadium watching them beat the Yankees who had Mantle, Maris, Ford, Boyer, Kubek, Richardson and many more. Led by Leon Wagner with 37 HR and 107 RBI and Lee Thomas 26 HR and 104 RBI. The little angel Albie Pearson had 115 runs scored. Every angel fan knows Dean Chance,he was 14 and 10 that year pitching in 50 games. Dean had 24 starts that year with 8 saves, at the age of 21. Halos really did not have a closer that year but had 10 pitchers with at least 1 save.Tom Morgan led team with 9 saves that year. This team played with more guts and determination of any team in halo history. 

AIR, is that you?

2004 because we were brand new season ticket holders and Vlad had that MVP season.  We went to about 70 games that year and that was far and away the most we had been to up until that point.  The post-season was a let down, but the pennant race down the stretch, when Vlad carried the team was a lot of fun. I couldn't wait to go to games that year because we had Effin' Vlad Guerrero on our team. We also had a great section of season ticket holders and that made every game all the more fun.