• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball America 2021 Farm System Rankings

NrM

8 minutes ago, failos said:

He did a shit job here, so what’s your fucking point?

That maybe if Arte and Scioscia had let him do what he wanted to, the team would have had a better farm? I don't know but it is odd that he leaves the Angels and completely turns the M's farm around. He no doubt has smarter people around him than he did in Anaheim.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

That maybe if Arte and Scioscia had let him do what he wanted to, the team would have had a better farm? I don't know but it is odd that he leaves the Angels and completely turns the M's farm around. He no doubt has smarter people around him than he did in Anaheim.

Well he gave Albert $250 million here and traded Cano there.  That about wraps it up. 

I’m old enough to remember when Jo Adell was considered the #2 prospect in baseball. Projecting prospect and farm rankings isn’t an exact science. 

Seattle might be good going forward, but until they are, hold off on building a statue of Dipoto.

Tampa having the #1 farm when they were in the World Series last year is awesome. Seattle having #2 when they have the longest playoff drought in North American sports is less impressive. 

7 hours ago, NrM said:

If anyone is a member, can you let us know where the angels rank? also lol at everyone who shitted on Dipoto. Dude has done a masterful job rebuilding the Mariners. 

That's to be determined. All he's done so far is sell off any MLB talent they had for prospects and tanked the last couple years to net high picks to stock the farm up. I'd hope their farm system is ranked highly after all of that. 

8 hours ago, NrM said:

If anyone is a member, can you let us know where the angels rank? also lol at everyone who shitted on Dipoto. Dude has done a masterful job rebuilding the Mariners. 

Please enlighten me and describe what Dipoto has masterfully done in Seattle.  Feel free to use specific examples instead of general statements.

I will take your answer off the air.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It’s almost like Arte is the problem 

I didn't know Arte scouted Baldoquin and immediately knew he would be an impact player.  Nor did I know that Arte chose to pass on drafting Guerrero Jr.  Nor did I know that Arte used a #1 pick to pick Taylor Ward because of his amazing catching ability.  Nor did I know that Arte arranged for all of the Tommy John surgeries.

Thanks.  I feel more informed.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wow, that's amazing..   

Only 7 years after taking over a team that had a 27 year old King Felix, Hasashi Iwakuma, James Paxton, Taijuan Walker, Mike Zunino, Justin Smoak, Robinson Cano, Michael Saunders, Kyle Saeger, Kendrys Morales, and the guys the people at Baseball America assured us were going to be stars when they ranked them the 6th best system in MLB; Dustin Ackley, Danny Hultzen, Edwin Diaz, Ketel Marte, Chris Taylor, DJ Petersen, Brad Miller, Nick Franklin and Jesus Montero, then trading or signing Fernando Rodney, Nelson Cruz, Mark Trumbo, Seth Smith, Logan Morrison, Austin Jackson, Wellington Castillo, Adam Lind .........................  BREATHE......................Nori Aoki, Leonys Martin, Wade Miley, Nate Karns, Steve Cishek, Mike Montgomery, Drew Storen, Jean Segura, Ryan Healey, Dee Gordon, Denard Span, Mitch Haniger, Mike Leake, Marco Gonzales, and about 30 other guys, then after getting an extension trading everything he had acquired or built up because it was time to "re-imagine" the roster and tanking he's got them to where they are projected to win 69-73 games depending on what projection system you want to give credence to.  Simply masterful!!!!

The deck chairs on the Titanic have never looked better, Captain.

When's the parade?

...banner already on order.

11 minutes ago, eligrba said:

One move equates being a masterful GM?

He could have gotten more if he traded Diaz separately.

He did a really good job of selling off and he's potentially drafted a rotation.  So he deserves credit.  He also completely gutted the team to do it after gutting the farm system to try to win.  So, he's back to where he was 7 years ago.  A sub .500 team with a good group of prospects hoping they will all turn into stars so they get them back to the playoffs for the first time since 2001.

Still, nothing he will do with Seattle changes the reality he did a terrible job in Anaheim.

Just now, eligrba said:

One move equates being a masterful GM?

He could have gotten more if he traded Diaz separately.

I don’t claim him to be masterful, but ridding themselves of a majority of Cano’s contract after being suspended and getting a talent like Kellenic was pretty damn good. Just to make things perfectly clear, I’m firmly on the “Team Fuck Dipoto” but I can admit good things he’s done. 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t claim him to be masterful, but ridding themselves of a majority of Cano’s contract after being suspended and getting a talent like Kellenic was pretty damn good. Just to make things perfectly clear, I’m firmly on the “Team Fuck Dipoto” but I can admit good things he’s done. 

This one is right there with the Trumbo trade for me... That trade was 100% on the other guy.  New GM wanting to make a splash traded for his former client -- and don't forget he included Diaz in that trade when his value was at an all time high.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I'm just in a pissy mood and currently have no patience for idiots masquerading as being competent and knowledgeable. But I agree, his time with Seattle has been better than the shitshow he left behind for the Angels.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

I'm just in a pissy mood and currently have no patience for idiots masquerading as being competent and knowledgeable. But I agree, his time with Seattle has been better than the shitshow he left behind for the Angels.

Well, he actually made the playoffs with the Angels so...   

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wow, that's amazing..   

Only 7 years after taking over a team that had a 27 year old King Felix, Hasashi Iwakuma, James Paxton, Taijuan Walker, Mike Zunino, Justin Smoak, Robinson Cano, Michael Saunders, Kyle Saeger, Kendrys Morales, and the guys the people at Baseball America assured us were going to be stars when they ranked them the 6th best system in MLB; Dustin Ackley, Danny Hultzen, Edwin Diaz, Ketel Marte, Chris Taylor, DJ Petersen, Brad Miller, Nick Franklin and Jesus Montero, then trading or signing Fernando Rodney, Nelson Cruz, Mark Trumbo, Seth Smith, Logan Morrison, Austin Jackson, Wellington Castillo, Adam Lind .........................  BREATHE......................Nori Aoki, Leonys Martin, Wade Miley, Nate Karns, Steve Cishek, Mike Montgomery, Drew Storen, Jean Segura, Ryan Healey, Dee Gordon, Denard Span, Mitch Haniger, Mike Leake, Marco Gonzales, and about 30 other guys, then after getting an extension trading everything he had acquired or built up because it was time to "re-imagine" the roster and tanking he's got them to where they are projected to win 69-73 games depending on what projection system you want to give credence to.  Simply masterful!!!!

The deck chairs on the Titanic have never looked better, Captain.

When's the parade?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47u5f0qrzh0patolti7

One of the most overrated aspects of baseball is the rebuild. It's pretty easy, especially if you have some talent on your team.

-Sell off any talent at their peak for prospects
-Sell any young talent you have that doesn't fit the timeline
-Draft only sign-able players
-Acquire QO eligible players to get extra picks
-Spend all your international money

Tearing it all down and building a "quality farm system" is not as difficult as it sounds, and deserves very little credit. And it suck for fans as a rebuild in baseball takes a long time.