• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is risk/reward situation. Let's say there's an 80-90% chance Raisel would refuse the QO. If they don't sign him, they get a "free" compensation pick. So it would be risking 10-20% to assure they get either Raisel or some compensation. Worst-case scenario and they over pay him for one year. I'd make the QO, personally speaking.

A thought just occurred to me.  Can they even offer him a QO after the season since the CBA ends at the end of the year?  Does this off season fall under the same CBA and the new CBA starts at the beginning of next season, that wouldn’t seem to make sense.  How do we even know if the QO thing will still exist?  

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A thought just occurred to me.  Can they even offer him a QO after the season since the CBA ends at the end of the year?  Does this off season fall under the same CBA and the new CBA starts at the beginning of next season, that wouldn’t seem to make sense.  How do we even know if the QO thing will still exist?  

The CBA ends at the end of November, I believe.  The qualifying offer deadline is before that.  Here's an MLB Trade Rumors summary of who they think might/might not get a QO this off-season:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/2021-22-qualifying-offer-candidates.html

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

The CBA ends at the end of November, I believe.  The qualifying offer deadline is before that.  Here's an MLB Trade Rumors summary of who they think might/might not get a QO this off-season:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/2021-22-qualifying-offer-candidates.html

Thank you.  

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is risk/reward situation. Let's say there's an 80-90% chance Raisel would refuse the QO. If they don't sign him, they get a "free" compensation pick. So it would be risking 10-20% to assure they get either Raisel or some compensation. Worst-case scenario and they over pay him for one year. I'd make the QO, personally speaking.

I agree. It seems like a no brainer to offer a QO on him. The Angels have had few FAs who fit the category of players who they should make a QO to and he is one of them. The two key factors are annual salary compared to QO and chance he'll get a better long term offer. I don't think the QO will be much higher than he'll get on an annual basis so the Angels can live with it if he takes it and I think it's likely he'll get an offer much better. People should also consider that maybe the Angels keep him long term and having the QO on him will give them a stronger negotiating position. If the QO reduces his market so much that he is considering taking it, then maybe the Angels can offer him a 3 year deal on more favorable terms than they could have without extending it to him. 

16 hours ago, mmc said:

Davis Daniel got torched tonight in Salt Lake, allowed 8 runs, 7 earned in the first 1.1 IP, giving up 8 hits, 1 walk, and the Bees committed 2 errors

He seemingly always gets torched in his first start at every level this season. Nothing to see here. 

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Pena released. Interesting.

Not sure what happened to him, but he has seemingly just lost all ability to get guys out.  8.03 ERA in AAA this year and gave up 14 HR in 68 innings.  And gave up an almost unbelievable 11 baserunners in 1 2/3 IP in the majors this year.  As recently as last year, he was a serviceable major leaguer.  Pitchers are weird.