• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I was surprised how quickly he got promoted to AAA after just being promoted to AA. (He got promoted to AA on 7/20 and then got promoted to AAA on 8/25)

It makes me believe the Angels like him. I wonder if he gets added to the 40-man roster this year, since he's Rule 5 eligible. That will be a true barometer of how much they like him.

Yep.

6'4 athletic middle infielders with power (24 HR), speed (14 SB) that have a decent amount of plate discipline (.350 OBP) don't grow on trees. 

The Dodgers aren't stupid. Davis signed for $918,600, a whopping $605,000 over slot, per Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com.

Davis was rated by Baseball America as the No. 51 high school prospect entering the spring, but a broken left wrist sidelined his senior season at Lakewood High. The Dodgers lured Davis away from a commitment to college ball at Cal State Fullerton.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Don't get me started on Brendon Davis. I really like what this kid has done this year. 

Right now he's been playing. a lot at SS, but he's also played at 2B, 3B, LF as well. 

Just turned 24 this year and has slashed .280/.350/.522 with 24 HR, 14 SB across three levels. 

2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Local kid too! Lakewood!

2-4 tonight, with a HR and single. Hitting .321 with a .869 OPS in AAA so far, playing good defense at SS. 

I asked Steve Klauke (the Bees PBP announcer) what he thought of Davis' defense at SS and more. 

His thoughts:

He's been solid at SS defensively. I also like his make-up and attitude.

And he just pulled a 95 mph fastball into left center for a single. He has 14 hits, 6 RBI in his last 8 games.

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I like how we have some actual depth in the system. There's plenty of guys to dream on and you know there's another Fletcher, Calhoun and Shoemaker in there somewhere.

This is what's changed.  The layers of talent haven't existed like this since the Stoneman years. Offensively it still doesnt, but hopefully that starts to improve.  If Adams and the other OFers can show improvement there next year we might see a change at least in one position.

Btw, I would not be surprised to hear the Angels end up moving Jackson to a corner or OF spot.  I think Vera may be moving to third, and I can see Knowles be viewed as an IFer first OFer second next season.

39 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That was what I was asking.

He clearly should finish this season in CPX.   It was more whether he could start 2022 in A ball.

Personally I think so, or at least if he finishes strong. The problem with CPX is that it doesn't start for a couple months. I'd like to see him get a full year.