• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

14 hours ago, mmc said:

My favorite prospect of the 2021 season. Nobody else is even close. 

From our local Salt Lake guy and Steve Kaluke, Brendon Davis has looked incredible at SS defensively, in addition to his .333/.412/.610    1.021 OPS slash he's put up there. 

On the season he's slashing .289/.361/.552 .913 OPS with 28 HR, 14 SB. That's not bad for a SS.

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

My favorite prospect of the 2021 season. Nobody else is even close. 

From our local Salt Lake guy and Steve Kaluke, Brendon Davis has looked incredible at SS defensively, in addition to his .333/.412/.610    1.021 OPS slash he's put up there. 

On the season he's slashing .289/.361/.552 .913 OPS with 28 HR, 14 SB. That's not bad for a SS.

we really need that guy a team like the cards always seem to pull out of their ass.  He's the poster child for several guys that the Angels added to the farm with a similar profile.  And the biggest common factor among them is being tall.  Davis, Mackinnon, Izzy Wilson, Braxton Martinez, Edwin Yon.  It's an interesting play.  

29 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

we really need that guy a team like the cards always seem to pull out of their ass.  He's the poster child for several guys that the Angels added to the farm with a similar profile.  And the biggest common factor among them is being tall.  Davis, Mackinnon, Izzy Wilson, Braxton Martinez, Edwin Yon.  It's an interesting play.  

Exactly! We're super due for a couple guys like this to bless our roster with greatness that just came out of nowhere. 

Y'all are getting hyped about Brendon Davis, but the Angels could very well lose him as a free agent this offseason. If they really like him, they'll add him to the 40 before the end of October when he can elect free agency. Otherwise, he'll probably leave in minor league free agency since it's pretty clear that the Angels treat minor leaguers badly.

They have to add Davis to the 40 man.  If they lose him, yet another example of a franchise being a mess.

None of those pitchers drafted the past two years needs to be added to it, unless pitching at the MLB level.

There are a lot of candidates to drop from the 40 man.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

Y'all are getting hyped about Brendon Davis, but the Angels could very well lose him as a free agent this offseason. If they really like him, they'll add him to the 40 before the end of October when he can elect free agency. Otherwise, he'll probably leave in minor league free agency since it's pretty clear that the Angels treat minor leaguers badly.

They will most certainly add him. He's just 24 and can play SS well and flat out rake. He also can play 2B, 3B and LF. 

The hype is justified from people that I have talked to. The Angels are also high on him from what I've been told. 

36 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They will most certainly add him. He's just 24 and can play SS well and flat out rake. He also can play 2B, 3B and LF. 

The hype is justified from people that I have talked to. The Angels are also high on him from what I've been told. 

I'm just not sure about that. Adding someone to the 40-man roster is a big deal. He's had an amazing season, but just last year he wasn't among 38 Rule 5 eligible players that Texas protected. Also, there's a log jam of middle infielders on the Angels 40-man roster.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I'm just not sure about that. Adding someone to the 40-man roster is a big deal. He's had an amazing season, but just last year he wasn't among 38 Rule 5 eligible players that Texas protected. Also, there's a log jam of middle infielders on the Angels 40-man roster.

He was coming off a year where he had 3 hrs and a 66 wRC+ at AA from 2019.  

They'll have plenty of room on the 40 man for him and in fact I think they'll make room.  

They're not going to grab a guy and help him figure out his secret sauce then just let him go when he's major league ready.  

He can play the OF as well BTW.  

16 minutes ago, Trendon said:

It's easy. I don't think we're going to see Gosselin, Wong on the 40-man roster next season. There are some dogshit pitchers on the 40-man that won't be on it after the season is over. Dexter Fowler & Juan Lagares won't be there as we'll have Upton, Trout, Marsh and Adell. Wallach and Suzuki are gonzo.

Here is the current 40-man as of today per the Angels media group. There's plenty that don't have a future with this club. 

https://www.mlb.com/angels/roster/40-man

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's easy. I don't think we're going to see Gosselin, Wong on the 40-man roster next season. There are some dogshit pitchers on the 40-man that won't be on it after the season is over. Dexter Fowler & Juan Lagares won't be there as we'll have Upton, Trout, Marsh and Adell. Wallach and Suzuki are gonzo.

Here is the current 40-man as of today per the Angels media group. There's plenty that don't have a future with this club. 

They have to reduce that list by 10 just to get to 40.

That's a lot of junk ... plus, Junk.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

They'll have plenty of room on the 40 man for him and in fact I think they'll make room.  

They're not going to grab a guy and help him figure out his secret sauce then just let him go when he's major league ready.  

I'm interested to see.

I hope they do, because that'd mean that he has raised his stock in the last year to the point where he's expected to a major league contributor.

I'm just skeptical because, keep in mind, the Angels didn't protect Jared Walsh from the Rule 5 draft in the 2018 offseason. Or Jose Rojas in the 2019 and 2020 offseason.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yes, but they also need to reserve space for players they sign/acquire this offseason and any other rule 5 eligible players they add.

I think they keep Gosselin.

There are tons of players that can be easily removed, but they also need to add a ton of players if they want to win next season.

By the way, when you factor in the players on the 60-day IL who have to be added back to the 40-man roster, the Angels really have 49 players currently on the 40-man roster.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

3rd base too. I know that's obvious but the post above just mentioned the glutton on MIF'ers in the organization. I'd put him in the category of Stefanic. I believe the org is very high on the both of them so much that they are holding off on auditions until the spring while letting guys like Wong, Mayfield, Rojas and Gosselin finish out the season.

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

3rd base too. I know that's obvious but the post above just mentioned the glutton on MIF'ers in the organization. I'd put him in the category of Stefanic. I believe the org is very high on the both of them so much that they are holding off on auditions until the spring while letting guys like Wong, Mayfield, Rojas and Gosselin finish out the season.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Yes, but they also need to reserve space for players they sign/acquire this offseason and any other rule 5 eligible players they add.

I think they keep Gosselin.

There are tons of players that can be easily removed, but they also need to add a ton of players if they want to win next season.

By the way, when you factor in the players on the 60-day IL who have to be added back to the 40-man roster, the Angels really have 49 players currently on the 40-man roster.

He's a legit defender vs. Stefanic who's not.  And 3b is a clear alternative as he has a plus arm.  But we need a SS and he'll be considered.  He was miserable at AA a couple years ago and then tore up three levels this year.  The only reason he's not on the big league club right now is because they probably wanted him to maintain his confidence and not jump to a fourth level.  He's a completely different player than he was a couple years ago.  I'm not overly inclined to say he's a legit major leaguer but the Angels would be stupid not to find out.  He'd absolutely get selected in the R5.  A team like the dbacks or orioles would definitely give him a shot.   You just can't expose a guy like that who suddenly looks like he's figured something out.  And it's not like he 26.  This is his 23yo season.  If they don't protect him then it's just dumb.  Even if he ends up failing.  If they're that good at predicting the future for certain guys then he major league team would have been better a long time ago.    

Worst case is he's a roster casualty should they need the spot later.  I mean Hector Yan is still on there.  He's been a mess in A+ ball all year.  

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

We need to raid everyone in the Rays front office and scouting. That would be the best offseason ever! 

Analytics dept.   

They really don't draft all that well but they can spot a guy who is trending the right way better than anyone else in mlb.

I think their only starting position players they drafted were Lowe and Kiermaier.  They've done well in Latin America and pitcher wise but what they are truly great at is acquiring everyone else's hidden gems and in the case of the Archer trade, the Pirates entire farm system.

Poor Pirates.