• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

50 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's not, but everyone around the stadium including the 66ers staff and the players say the same thing. Said his actual height may be updated soon. I'm guessing he's probably 6'7 or 6'8 which is pretty damn tall for a position player. 

So i was correct. 

I think you have to give credit to Eppler on what he's done with the young pitching prospects we have. 

He's struggled at the MLb level with pitching, but he's done a solid job in the Minors. 

1. Sandoval; went from being a long-man in the Bullpen or a 5, to being a solid 3, that at times can have 3 above-average to plus pitches. 

2. Detmers; similar to sandy, he's now looked as a solid 2. 

3. Canning, the results haven't been there this year, but the stuff has shown improvement since his college days. 

and many more. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think you have to give credit to Eppler on what he's done with the young pitching prospects we have. 

He's struggled at the MLb level with pitching, but he's done a solid job in the Minors. 

1. Sandoval; went from being a long-man in the Bullpen or a 5, to being a solid 3, that at times can have 3 above-average to plus pitches. 

2. Detmers; similar to sandy, he's now looked as a solid 2. 

3. Canning, the results haven't been there this year, but the stuff has shown improvement since his college days. 

and many more. 

I don't disagree with firing Eppler, but I think it's important to recognize and give credit where it's due. He absolutely sucked at acquiring FA pitching, but had Sandoval and Suarez broken out a year sooner, had Ohtani been healthy a year sooner, Eppler wouldn't have been fired. 

But with the exception of Quintana and the bullpen, Minasian appears to know what he's doing. He didn't seem in over his head at all. 

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Barria in his past 8 starts back to beginning of June:

39.1 innings, 37 hits, 28/8 Ks/BBs, 6 HRs, 4.15 ERA, 1.15 WHIP

Solid numbers for the PCL

I really hope they hand him a rotation spot starting 7/31 and let it ride the rest of the year. Need to figure out once and for all what we have with him before he's out of options and we lose him to waivers.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I really hope they hand him a rotation spot starting 7/31 and let it ride the rest of the year. Need to figure out once and for all what we have with him before he's out of options and we lose him to waivers.

They no what they have.  The halos are trying top find something better and failing miserably 

18 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Hey man, I'm with you on the Barria front. 

Wasn't trying to be critical of your comment.  I really believe the Angels want to get something better than Barria.  T h.g ey bring new people in thinking the new pitchers are better but they fail miserably.

This is only explanation why they would keep a pitcher who has had success on the mlb level in AAA.

Especially since the starting pitching has sucked all three years since Barria was first called up.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Wasn't trying to be critical of your comment.  I really believe the Angels want to get something better than Barria.  T h.g ey bring new people in thinking the new pitchers are better but they fail miserably.

This is only explanation why they would keep a pitcher who has had success on the mlb level in AAA.

Especially since the starting pitching has sucked all three years since Barria was first called up.

They need to stop thinking he’s a relief pitching.   He seems like a guy who does much better with a set schedule as a starter.

23 minutes ago, Second Base said:

They'll shut up anyone that's leaking this. 

My cousins kid played in cal league 25 years ago. He was on team from Adelato (high desert). It is true many as 5 or 6 lived in an apartment and they would buy some junk car just to get around in. Teams would have practice in afternoon before playing games at night. It was and still is a bus league. Such a small % ever make it and players let go all the time. These are young men playing baseball chasing a dream. When I was that age young men were being drafted and sent to Vietnam. Should teams take care of their minor league players better of course they should. People in the organization know what's going on but need money for 38 million dollar 3rd basemen. 

the minor league baseball players make their money with the signing bonus. been told the the guys in a ball make about $1000 a month. so these guys are excited when a major leaguer plays on their team for a rehab game. the major leaguer  knows what it is like in a ball, so the major leaguer pays for a feast for the guys. sure the booster club help, but they can only do so much in finding room and board. there are host families, but not enough.

A worthwhile investment for a lot of these teams would be to build barracks next to each stadium. It houses not only the home team but the away team as well. And you maintain it like the military does, have the players responsible for the cleanliness of their room, include occasional inspections, cut costs by having conjoining rooms share a bathroom. 

In Japan we had a mamasan in each barracks that would make like easier for a monthly fee, doing laundry, stocking the fridge, embroidery and tailoring, etc..., Though that didn't fly stateside. 

This is a long-standing issue and Arte is more concerned about spending at the Major League level than in the Minors, which I think has been and still is a mistake.

There is no reason that the organization couldn't invest in an apartment building and simply give each of their Minor Leaguer's a small apartment to stay in and some basic staple of money for everyday supplies. It is also an opportunity to hire a nutritionist to work with each player to develop a healthy eating regimen. Additionally, there is no reason why they couldn't invest in a life coach who can help players who don't speak English well, manage their finances, and help them to lead clean lives and avoid the wrong temptations that can derail a potential career.

A basic investment in the Minor League systems could help produce better players on a more consistent basis. It just boggles my mind that any organization would take their most valued assets and not invest a minimal amount of money to help them have a greater chance of success. To be clear I am saying take care of their essential, most basic needs (roof, nutrition, conditioning, and ability to move from place to place even if it is just a bus pass) so that these young assets can focus more on what they are there for; to become Major League baseball players.

24 minutes ago, Second Base said:

A worthwhile investment for a lot of these teams would be to build barracks next to each stadium. It houses not only the home team but the away team as well. And you maintain it like the military does, have the players responsible for the cleanliness of their room, include occasional inspections, cut costs by having conjoining rooms share a bathroom. 

In Japan we had a mamasan in each barracks that would make like easier for a monthly fee, doing laundry, stocking the fridge, embroidery and tailoring, etc..., Though that didn't fly stateside. 

Zoning laws