• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The best thing going forward is to play for both this season and the future.

It’s time to partially drain the swamp, err bullpen NOW.

DFA Bundy, Guerra, and Cishek, after already DFA’ing Claudio.

Trade for a solid late innings guy.

Trade for a decent late innings guy.

Call up Ortega and Diaz.

Rest of the season:

Iglesias, acquisition, acquisition, Mayers, Watson, Ortega, Diaz, and Wantz

Worst thing that could happen is that we turn down solid offers for Iglesias and Cobb with the Hope's of extending them or earn the 2nd WC spot.  

However we do not make the playoffs and both sign elsewhere through FA.

We get nothing for them.

1. Not an extension

2. Not the playoffs 

3. Not the  prospects.

For those two, could we get a catching prospect and a couple of promising relief pitchers?

Edited by stormngt

13 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Worst thing that could happen is that we turn down solid offers for Iglesias and Cobb with the Hope's of extending them or earn the 2nd WC spot.  

However we do not make the playoffs and both sign elsewhere through FA.

We get nothing for them.

1. Not am extension

2. Not the playoffs 

3. Not the  prospects.

For those two, could we get a catching prospect and a couple of promising relief pitchers?

If it’s a blow away offer for R. Iglesias, I’m good with that trade.

Cobb just has that feel of a guy who helps to mentor the pitching staff (reputation therein) while being reborn himself.   He could be a big part of the rotation for the next 2-3 seasons.

28 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If it’s a blow away offer for R. Iglesias, I’m good with that trade.

Cobb just has that feel of a guy who helps to mentor the pitching staff (reputation therein) while being reborn himself.   He could be a big part of the rotation for the next 2-3 seasons.

But there is the same chance of signing after we trade him as there is keeping him and signing him.  He is a FA either way.

watched the first three ip of Kyle Tyler for the TP's tonight before they went to a rain delay. 

Throws over the top with some deception  

90-91 FB.  Didn't get above that.  Some solid movement/tail.  Report from fangraphs of him being 92-95 wasn't what I saw.  Maybe it ticks up in relief or something.  Or maybe he didn't have his best velo.  Or maybe he wasn't using a four seam.  Who knows.   
83 mph change.  Didn't see a ton of movement on it but hitter didn't pick it up great.  
84/85 slider with good sharp vertical downward action.  His best pitch in my opinion.  

A couple line drive singles were the hardest hit balls.  He must be more deceptive that it seemed because he stuff is pretty average yet hitters weren't picking it up all that great.  Plus he seemed to have good command.  Threw a ton of strikes.  Around the zone with every pitch.  Threw the breaking ball for both a strike and as an out pitch.  Also got some swing and miss with the fastball.  Didn't see him elevate it much if at all.  

I feel like he's gonna need more from that changeup if he's gonna progress.  Definitely more of control guy.  But the slider is a very good pitch.  Not a great one but very good.  

A depth arm from what I saw.  Guy that will end up in AAA and get a some time in the bigs here and there due to injury or what have you but probably not a future rotation candidate.  Unless of course he develops impeccable command.  

Mulrine is a very good receiver btw.  Good at blocking balls.  Small sample seems he's very solid defensively.  Skipped A and A+ to AA from Orem which is unusual but tells you what they think about him defensively.  Had an .820 ops in orem.  Not great with the bat in AA so far but holding his own relative to him skipping levels.  Is 2-2 with a hr tonight bumping his ops up to .688 for the season.  

Definitely looks like a future backup unless the bat catches up.  But I could see him in the bigs late next year.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Mulrine is a very good receiver btw.  Good at blocking balls.  Small sample seems he's very solid defensively.  Skipped A and A+ to AA from Orem which is unusual but tells you what they think about him defensively.  Had an .820 ops in orem.  Not great with the bat in AA so far but holding his own relative to him skipping levels.  Is 2-2 with a hr tonight bumping his ops up to .688 for the season.  

Definitely looks like a future backup unless the bat catches up.  But I could see him in the bigs late next year.  

Mulrine is a lot like Bemboom. One of those catchers that you know very early on is going to be a big league catcher, but you also know early on, he'll get there because of his defense and how he handles a staff more than his hitting. 

Tyler came back out in the 4th after a short rain delay and whiffed two guys.  Had the fastball up to 92mph and it totally plays.  Again, I think it's the deception.  Gets on guys way quicker than you'd think.  

Then in the fifth he lost his command and walked three guys.  Two seeing eye singles.  One was near the third baseman and easily could have been a DP.  

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Mulrine is a lot like Bemboom. One of those catchers that you know very early on is going to be a big league catcher, but you also know early on, he'll get there because of his defense and how he handles a staff more than his hitting. 

Agreed although he might end up better defensively than Bemboom in my opinion.  And the fact that he's held his own with the bat after skipping two levels gives me a little hope that it could be serviceable at some point.  

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Both of them have to be a lot better than Suzuki behind the plate.

Suzuki is an embarrassment who needs to retire.

Connor Van Scoyoc has been very good in his last three outings for the ACL team.  11th round pick in 2018 out of HS.  6'6" 21yo.  Haven't seen any film on him from this year of yet.  Totally forgot he had TJ surg in 2019.  So it's good to see him back on the bump and doing well after his layoff.  My guess is he gets promoted to A ball soon.  

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Kinda looks like one.  Would be neat if the reason he was sent down was to work on a new pitch.

didn't see the change piece in any of the vids.  Wonder if he's still throwing that.  Four pitch mix might change his trajectory a bit with his mid 90's velo and that plus curve.  Someone asked a few pages ago who might be the most likely to find his way into a big league rotation outside of Detmers, Rodriguez and Daniel.  He's probably moved toward the top of that list.  Still some trouble with the walks but damn he can sure miss bats.  

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

didn't see the change piece in any of the vids.  Wonder if he's still throwing that.  Four pitch mix might change his trajectory a bit with his mid 90's velo and that plus curve.  Someone asked a few pages ago who might be the most likely to find his way into a big league rotation outside of Detmers, Rodriguez and Daniel.  He's probably moved toward the top of that list.  Still some trouble with the walks but damn he can sure miss bats.  

Pina has 14 BBs in past 25.1 innings, huge improvement from the over 1 BB per inning earlier in the season but still work to be done.   But can’t deny the stuff.