• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Covid protocols were the first thing I thought of.  May be an indication they will be selling off.  Who know, but at least their top two SPs are a call away.

I was just going to mention this same exact thing. Everything is coinciding perfectly with the trade deadline but I can also just be overthinking.

6 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I was just going to mention this same exact thing. Everything is coinciding perfectly with the trade deadline but I can also just be overthinking.

At least they are preparing for any possibility. 

The flipside, moving them up could also be viewed as a sign the Angels want to make them more attractive by virtue of being ready to promote to any prospective sellers....but ill pretend that isn't a possibility.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

At least they are preparing for any possibility. 

The flipside, moving them up could also be viewed as a sign the Angels want to make them more attractive by virtue of being ready to promote to any prospective sellers....but ill pretend that isn't a possibility.

Detmers for Javier Baez, comin' up!

52 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Also before people say that it is pointless to send them to Triple-A, apparently there  are new COVID protocols that make it a lot easier to call up players from Triple-A rather than Double-A

https://www.mlb.com/news/covid-related-rules-for-prospect-callups

Before the pandemic, a player could be called up from any level, though they obviously came mostly from Triple-A. Now, only players from that highest level of Minor League competition are allowed to be brought up directly to the big leagues, because those players and coaches have had to adhere to the same Tier 1 protocols that are being utilized at the highest level.

For players getting promoted from Triple-A, getting a rapid test is strongly recommended.

It’s not completely impossible to call someone up from, say, Double-A, as used to happen on occasion. But that player would have to quarantine, in effect, for an extended period, before being allowed to join the big league roster, a tough hill to climb for a big league club that has an immediate need.

Halos have to be preparing them for call up.  It doesn't help the pitcher improve  by getting instruction in Salt Lake.

43 minutes ago, Stax said:
This season, Los Angeles Angels Minor Leaguers have given us the following disturbing statements regarding housing.

Astros provided furnished apartments for all of their minor leaguers starting this season.  No reason why we can't do the same.

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

Astros provided furnished apartments for all of their minor leaguers starting this season.  No reason why we can't do the same.

Corporate housing is pretty easy to find...  this is just another BS thing ownership does.  Whats even more twisted.... a big reason for their cutting of so many minor league jobs was so teams would be able to make for better living conditions for minor leaguers.

Its all BS....

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Corporate housing is pretty easy to find...  this is just another BS thing ownership does.  Whats even more twisted.... a big reason for their cutting of so many minor league jobs was so teams would be able to make for better living conditions for minor leaguers.

Its all BS....

Restructuring was to cut costs, but it was laughable to ever believe the money would be redistributed to improve living conditions for existing minor leaguers. 

It was about control and power. MLB now dictates who is and isn't affiliated and where and when. And if minor league owners don't like it, they'll be disaffiliated. And if they ever raise a fuss in the future, MLB has all leverage and a line of teams that would gladly accept the conditions MLB has laid out for them. 

It's hilarious that people think that if they give those in charge more money and power that they'll nobly give it all back. 

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Many on Rancho Cucamonga Dodgers have families in area letting them use rooms. Free with meals included. 

So, they are living on the kindness of others despite shit like this...

With TBS Renewal, MLB Could See $2 Billion Annually From National TV Contracts

Pretty sure MLB teams can afford to rent out a block of apartments for 6 months...

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Restructuring was to cut costs, but it was laughable to ever believe the money would be redistributed to improve living conditions for existing minor leaguers. 

It was about control and power. MLB now dictates who is and isn't affiliated and where and when. And if minor league owners don't like it, they'll be disaffiliated. And if they ever raise a fuss in the future, MLB has all leverage and a line of teams that would gladly accept the conditions MLB has laid out for them. 

It's hilarious that people think that if they give those in charge more money and power that they'll nobly give it all back. 

It was a total crock of shit.   MLB sees the writing on the wall, they know criticism was mounting and instead of spending to make the situation better they chose to eliminate as much of the problem as they could.  Their stated position that their actions would allow them to better care/provide for players was 100% political bullshit.

The more I see and read how MLB operates the more I find myself siding with whatever parties they are in conflict with..

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, they are living on the kindness of others despite shit like this...

With TBS Renewal, MLB Could See $2 Billion Annually From National TV Contracts

Pretty sure MLB teams can afford to rent out a block of apartments for 6 months...

I agree just saying families have given players housing for years. Booster clubs helping with transportation, housing and food. 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

I agree just saying families have given players housing for years. Booster clubs helping with transportation, housing and food. 

Yep, 100% they have.  MLB has been getting over and treating minor leaguers like dogshit for decades.   The crap they have pulled in the international markets is ever worse.

Those families are saints..   But the situation is very off-putting for fans..  well, for me anyway.