• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cleveland Indians changing their team name

mmc

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

They aren't still marginalizing them. They have land and reservations given to them. Tax exempt etc etc. Short of what going back in time and reverting ownership of every country to the first people who ever settled there what do more do you want? Land is confiscated and stolen in times of war, it happens. Still happens to this day in parts of the world. But yes lets focus on the plight of a sport team name. That's the real issue. Where's your cries for the Muslim population getting put in "pseudo concentration camps" by the millions in China? I feel like that should be something you should concern yourself with more than a team name.

WAIT...even dumber.

Do you know what a sovereign nation means?

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

15 pages of basically the same stupid arguments back and forth rather than just conceding to changing the name to a lake fish and be done with this. 

So Bull Frogs are a no?

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

15 pages of basically the same stupid arguments back and forth rather than just conceding to changing the name to a lake fish and be done with this. 

I like that Walleye idea. There is a minor league hockey team in Toledo that uses it, but I think it would be a great idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_Walleye

You guys are rookies...

The Northern Pike is a long, slender fish, native to Ohio. It is found primarily in the Lake Erie waters surrounding Sandusky and Maumee Bays. These fish prefer marshes and bays and average around 20" to 32" in length and around 2 to 10 lbs.Jun 26, 2019

Cleveland Pikers it is!!

5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

And what seems to get lost in that stupid-ass argument is the fact that it was the right of the native people of this land to determine their own fate. It was not the right of the Europeans to determine that for them.

So let me get this straight.  It was the “right” of one tribe to kill people in other tribes?

The mental gymnastics required to exclusively blame Europeans is getting funny.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So let me get this straight.  It was the “right” of one tribe to kill people in other tribes?

Hey, idiot, we've moved on to Lake fish species. Time for you to get with the conversation or gtfo. 

Just now, Blarg said:

Uh... There is negative connotations being called a piker. Let's keep with Walley the Walleye. 

Why do you think I picked Piker?

I mean, how else can we get this thread to 20 pages?

6 minutes ago, T.G. said:

You guys are rookies...

The Northern Pike is a long, slender fish, native to Ohio. It is found primarily in the Lake Erie waters surrounding Sandusky and Maumee Bays. These fish prefer marshes and bays and average around 20" to 32" in length and around 2 to 10 lbs.Jun 26, 2019

Cleveland Pikers it is!!

There is negative connotations about being called a piker. 

Let's keep with Walley the Walleye. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Uh... There is negative connotations being called a piker. Let's keep with Walley the Walleye. 

Just now, Blarg said:

There is negative connotations about being called a piker. 

Let's keep with Walley the Walleye. 

One more time, please.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I can’t participate in your discussions about different species.  Very divisive.  All Fish Matter.

Well these fish matter because you can soak a lure ten minutes from the stadium and dredge them up. It would make no sense to call the team the Cleveland Halibut. 

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Speaking of mental gymnastics, you must be exhausted after jumping to that conclusion, plus the various straw men, and the ad hominems (That means attacking the messenger without addressing the message). You have put on a clinic on logical fallacies here today.

91EDI7zrnHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Speaking of mental gymnastics, you must be exhausted after jumping to that conclusion, plus the various straw men, and the ad hominems (That means attacking the messenger without addressing the message). You have put on a clinic on logical fallacies here today.

I was reminded of this:

28 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I will just let you keep talking.

882A0AFB-EBC8-4F96-BA6B-528F8333775A.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

everyone always wants more or something better. 

You really aren’t making any sense. Perhaps you can try arguing on the the actual merits. Everyone always wants something better? Than the reservation? As @ukyahsaid, don’t argue about things you clearly know nothing about, or ar unwilling to learn about.

image.jpeg.e11cb0911412415acf2ffb7ab088fc86.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

How care to explain? Indians didn’t kill each other? Are we killing Indians still? Other than the fact that you want to try be cool by digging on me because a joke Lou made with b. I mean I’m not offended do you man but where in that statement is what I said dumb?

Go Pikers!