• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cleveland Indians changing their team name

mmc

I don't know why anyone cares.  They can change their name to anything they want and for any reason.  Stanford did fine when they changed their name from Indians to Cardinal.   Washington Bullets changed to the Wizards.  No one cares about the old name in a few years.  Who here is butt hurt that Houston changed their name from the Colt 45s to the Astros?

3 hours ago, Mark PT said:

Hold a national vote among all native americans and ask if this is offensive. If it is, then change the name. If not, then dont. THese SJWs need to be told that they dont get their way.

"The National Congress of American Indians and over 1,500 national Native organizations and advocates have called for a ban on all Native imagery, names, mascots, terms, redface, arrows, feathers, and appropriation of Native culture in sports. The joint letter included over 100 Native-led organizations, as well as tribal leaders and members of over 150 federally recognized tribes, reflecting a consensus among Native Americans that Native mascots are harmful."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_mascot_controversy

Perhaps this will suffice?

20 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

"The National Congress of American Indians and over 1,500 national Native organizations and advocates have called for a ban on all Native imagery, names, mascots, terms, redface, arrows, feathers, and appropriation of Native culture in sports. The joint letter included over 100 Native-led organizations, as well as tribal leaders and members of over 150 federally recognized tribes, reflecting a consensus among Native Americans that Native mascots are harmful."

Yeah no.

The backlash against these things is, at some point in your life, you realize that the vast majority of these “do gooders” who crusade for stuff like name changes don’t ever really want to do anything that matters.  They just want to be a part of some symbolic thing so they can convince themselves they have done something important.  They are addicted to the self-celebration and allergic to real work.

Changing a team name is a perfect example of this.

And honestly there are lots of opposing studies and polls that show fairly conclusively that Native Americans really flying give a shit about this, and are actually annoyed that anyone would bother with this when they have real issues that need real work and real resources to solve.

30 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Wait, I thought it was just SJWs calling for these name changes.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yeah no.

The backlash against these things is, at some point in your life, you realize that the vast majority of these “do gooders” who crusade for stuff like name changes don’t ever really want to do anything that matters.  They just want to be a part of some symbolic thing so they can convince themselves they have done something important.  They are addicted to the self-celebration and allergic to real work.

Changing a team name is a perfect example of this.

And honestly there are lots of opposing studies and polls that show fairly conclusively that Native Americans really flying give a shit about this, and are actually annoyed that anyone would bother with this when they have real issues that need real work and real resources to solve.

Can you provide a link to these opposing studies and polls? I'd love to read them.

1 hour ago, namssa said:

I don't know why anyone cares.  They can change their name to anything they want and for any reason.  Stanford did fine when they changed their name from Indians to Cardinal.   Washington Bullets changed to the Wizards.  No one cares about the old name in a few years.  Who here is butt hurt that Houston changed their name from the Colt 45s to the Astros?

Me 

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you make the claim, you have the burden of proof. 

Only if I am trying to compensate for your laziness and interested in changing your mind.  I would hope if YOU were interested in the data you might spend the 12 seconds looking into it.

Do whatever you want.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Only if I am trying to compensate for your laziness and interested in changing your mind.  I would hope if YOU were interested in the data you might spend the 12 seconds looking into it.

Do whatever you want.

Nope. Not how it works, flop.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Do whatever you want.

In the time you spent calling us lazy, you could have produced the studies that are apparently so easy to find, and made yourself a sandwich, and eaten the sandwich.

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

In the time you spent calling us lazy, you could have produced the studies that are apparently so easy to find, and made yourself a sandwich, and eaten the sandwich.

I made the sandwich and ate it.  Yes I choose to do things like that over do your google searches.  Yes.