• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohno Stroman accepts QO

Angels 1961

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Load up on RPs.... Go after mid level SPs.   Get back over .500, build on that.   

Or make a trade that makes some sense, even if you have to trade a good prospect....Not sure that scenario is out there and I'm not advocating gutting the farm....but, I'd want it on the table....there might be a SP out there who somebody wants to move to save some money, for the right prospect or prospects...not sure what the COVID effects will be on budgets yet....

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Or make a trade that makes some sense, even if you have to trade a good prospect....Not sure that scenario is out there and I'm not advocating gutting the farm....but, I'd want it on the table....there might be a SP out there who somebody wants to move to save some money, for the right prospect or prospects...not sure what the COVID effects will be on budgets yet....

I'd honestly spend now, save the farm guys for a midseason trade. I'd bet heavily on a few of them upping their profiles providing we see minor league games actually be played.

I'd honestly spend now, save the farm guys for a midseason trade. I'd bet heavily on a few of them upping their profiles providing we see minor league games actually be played.

the trade market is gonna be challenging with teams trying to save money along with continuing the expanded playoffs.  Teams will hold on to young cheap talent like sweet death.  

the competitive advantage in this market will be the willingness to spend or take on money in trade.  Again, I just don't see the Angels doing that to it's fullest extent.  

I also don't see that many players will be willing to accept less money on deals more than a year or two.  There's gonna be a crap ton of 1yr contracts this year.  

There's risk in this but if they really like a free agent that they want to keep for more than a year, they should consider paying him less in 2021 and 'normal' beyond that

I think you wait til close to the deadline and than make a trade. Unless a really good and favorable trades drops in our laps.

Personally, I'd go after  Tanaka and Richards, try to gauge Barria's value and see if we could trade him for a few solid BP arm.

Tanaka, Bundy, Heaney, Richards, Canning and Ohtani?

SIgn one of Hendriks or Hand

than Sign someone to play 2nd base. 

and start the season. 

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not a bad plan at all....I hope we hire the right guy who can put together the right plan, which includes some flexibility to pounce on a good opportunity....like Stoneman did when Vlad's market flattened a little....or Reagins (yes Reagins) did when we got Teixeira from the Braves, for a modest price (as compared to say Greinke or Haren who cost a lot at the deadline)....

20 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Ain't much more time to keep saying get over .500 and "build on that"

Why?   Is baseball going to die?

Maybe you've missed it but I've repeatedly said I want the Angels to win over the long haul, including after Mike Trout is gone.  The go all in lets win now mentality gets them where?  Was winning 98 games in 2014 worth losing the next 5 years?

This team needs to get a lot smarter and think a lot further ahead than it has in recent years.   Not sure they can do it all over the course of a single winter but FFS, they need to get it together.  They currently have two SPs who will be eligible for FA after next year.  Add a front line guy this year, lose two mid tier SPs next year... What's the point.  People who think its Bauer or bust can't see the forest for the trees.

They need to keep adding and try to avoid the expensive mistakes.

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Maybe you've missed it but I've repeatedly said I want the Angels to win over the long haul, including after Mike Trout is gone.  The go all in lets win now mentality gets them where?  Was winning 98 games in 2014 worth losing the next 5 years?

In a lot of ways they've already missed 'the Trout window' anyway.

27 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Why?   Is baseball going to die?

This team needs to get a lot smarter and think a lot further ahead than it has in recent years.   Not sure they can do it all over the course of a single winter but FFS, they need to get it together.  They currently have two SPs who will be eligible for FA after next year.  Add a front line guy this year, lose two mid tier SPs next year... What's the point.  People who think its Bauer or bust can't see the forest for the trees.

They need to keep adding and try to avoid the expensive mistakes.

This is true.   They need to stop finishing under .500 though, at least.

Amen, now try telling that to the people who think trading for Lindor on an expiring contract is a good idea.   

The real Trout window was when he was cheap.   Those days are long gone.

This will probably ruffle some feathers, but the Trout window at this point is a lot closer to what 'the Pujols window' should've been. There is an obvious opportunity but it will only come through realized player development, not from continually trying to find that one 'missing piece.'