• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congrats Dems!

I expect a ton of focus on Covid next year. Possibly a mask mandate, which is going to not go over too well. It's going to be priority number 1 for most of his first year.

Biden will also rejoin the Paris agreement and there will be lots of talk about climate change...but not a lot of action. 

Taxing the rich will be a topic but won't get anywhere because Mitch. Although there's still an outside shot the Dems take the Senate in which case hold onto your butts rich people.

We'll be.....involved with the new Russian election once Putin steps down. Whether we can form a legitimate truce with them is yet to be seen. 

The middle east will stay the same, unfortunately.

To clear some things up: I'm not a Democrat. I also don't vote. 

I don't like Joe Biden. I think this was an election that was entirely based on the candidate being not Trump. 

I'm definitely liberal but I have plenty of conservative views. 

I also don't hate Trump or think he was a terrible President. I just prefer having a President that is a closer representation to myself, in both views and demeanor. Trump is a despicable human being and I could never associate with that kind of behavior. Just look how he's acting right now. I know many here liked him "for the laughs" but I rarely found it funny. It was mostly just sad and kind of embarrassing. 

Sorry for the rant I just didn't want to give a serious response without clearing up my political positions.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't like Joe Biden. I think this was an election that was entirely based on the candidate being not Trump. 

I also don't hate Trump or think he was a terrible President. I just prefer having a President that is a closer representation to myself, in both views and demeanor. Trump is a despicable human being and I could never associate with that kind of behavior. Just look how he's acting right now. I know many here liked him "for the laughs" but I rarely found it funny. It was mostly just sad and kind of embarrassing. 

Sorry for the rant I just didn't want to give a serious response without clearing up my political positions.

I think this is a fair and respectable opinion on things. I vote based on who I think will enact policy that is closest to mine (conservative). With that said, Biden is just a shell and will do what his party tells him. In all seriousness, I would be shocked if he finished his entire first term. I don’t think he has the mental energy for it anymore. I’d be more concerned over a Harris presidency and what her agenda would look like. 

Edited by Jason

I don't think we have any idea what a Biden presidency will look like until we know two things:

1. The outcomes of the run-off Senate races in Georgia. If the Democrats win both (highly unlikely), the Senate will be 50/50 with VP Harris as the tiebreaker vote.

Since the Republicans are most likely going to maintain control of the Senate ...

2. How much McConnell and other Senate Republicans will be willing to work with President Biden. If they treat Biden the same way they treated Obama, then nothing significant will get done unless Biden goes the EO route that has unfortunately become the precedent.

So MT, to answer your questions ... we don't know yet.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think we have any idea what a Biden presidency will look like until we know two things:

1. The outcomes of the run-off Senate races in Georgia. If the Democrats win both (highly unlikely), the Senate will be 50/50 with VP Harris as the tiebreaker vote.

Since the Republicans are most likely going to maintain control of the Senate ...

2. How much McConnell and other Senate Republicans will be willing to work with President Biden. If they treat Biden the same way they treated Obama, then nothing significant will get done unless Biden goes the EO route that has unfortunately become the precedent.

So MT, to answer your questions ... we don't know yet.

I'm pulling for late term Clinton. 

The cynic in me says more (or a continuation of) neo-liberalism, more bombing of brown people, more corporatism, etc, all while only giving lip-service to progressive causes.

I'm also very worried about butthurt Trumptards killing people and the general division in the country.

Good stuff: less of America being an international embarrassment, less divisiveness and race-bating speech, less outright lying, and the president actually taking climate change and Covid seriously. 

The optimist in me hopes that progressives will be able to lobby for MfA and other progressive issues, but that is probably wishful thinking.

And a good thing: Less cable news for me. I don't usually watch it, but have been on the tube excessively over the last few days. I'll miss Kornacki, though, but can't stomach all the smug Dem establishment liberals.

Edited by Angelsjunky

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with all of this, except that I do vote, I do hate Trump and I believe that he is far and away the worst president in my lifetime. There have been several presidents who I didn't particularly like and with whom I disagreed politically, but only Trump has triggered this level of hatred in me, something that I do not enjoy feeling. He displayed his unfitness for the office from day one. He is clearly a racist, and he stoked fears of immigrants in his followers. When I was truly done with him was the conference when he allowed Ivanka to sit in for him in a summit meeting with heads of state while he did God knows what. He insulted and alienated our allies and fawned over despots and dictators. He also clearly put his own interests before those of the country. Then there were the endless tweets, elementary-school-level insults and name-calling leveled at everyone who didn't bow down to him, and his general boorish behavior. Faced with one of the worst health crises in the last 100 years, he chose to ignore science and basically do nothing, and let any blame fall on the governors. He never quite grasped how a head of state should act, and he made it very plain that he only represented those who supported him. Instead of encouraging dissent and seeing it as a way to help him make better decisions, he fired anyone who didn't totally buy in, no matter how erratic or ill-informed his decisions. His decisions were usually based upon little or no understanding of the situation. His proposed solutions for pretty much everything were overly simplistic and things that might sound good on the surface, but were totally impractical. I won't miss discussion over the ridiculous border wall, either. He also proposed funding Social Security and Medicare out of the general fund, which would have put both programs at the mercy and subject to the whims of Congress and whoever is in the White House. No, thank you. I begin drawing SS retirement in March. Every department was headed by a crony or someone tasked with bending that department to Trump's will. He treated all of federal government as his personal toy, and he had virtually no understanding of how any of it works. Sayonara, motherf'er. 

Biden would not have been my first choice (and before you ask, I don't know who would have been). I am beyond sick of seeing and hearing from Jared Kushner and Trump's children, none of whom have any credentials or expertise in anything meaningful, yet they were put in positions of extreme responsibility and were in well over their heads. I hope that Biden chooses people to surround him who will help him to make better decisions, not yes-men who just blindly agree to everything. I don't expect any meaningful change, since Mitch McConnell will still be Senate majority leader. He is as much of a cancer as Trump, and he sold his soul to him.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That was directed at you, Taylor.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Well, that goes without saying.

Dangit, I should have said something more smug, like, "I'm smug, Blarg? Really? I could see why someone of your age might think that."

Day 1 on the agenda is probably a stimulus package with possibly some dept forgiveness. 

There will also be a 180 turn on many Trump policies. Paris accord and such.

Biden has promised to create a task force to reunite separated kids with their parents. 

Long term.  Probably an attempt to expand Medicare and PR/DC statehood. 

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I respect that.