• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congrats Dems!

I really don’t predict a ton of change out of this administration. It’s not set up for that really. I just hope that the political/social dialogue becomes a little less batshit, and for a more consumer-up approach to economic stability (not sure that’s likely though). In an ideal world I’d like to see a Universal Healthcare option be made available, or at least a basic safety net not tied to employment status. It seems like there’s decent movement towards some “no surprise medical billing” laws, which I’d gladly accept as a good first step accomplishment for this administration.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

I don't think we have any idea what a Biden presidency will look like until we know two things:

1. The outcomes of the run-off Senate races in Georgia. If the Democrats win both (highly unlikely), the Senate will be 50/50 with VP Harris as the tiebreaker vote.

Since the Republicans are most likely going to maintain control of the Senate ...

2. How much McConnell and other Senate Republicans will be willing to work with President Biden. If they treat Biden the same way they treated Obama, then nothing significant will get done unless Biden goes the EO route that has unfortunately become the precedent.

So MT, to answer your questions ... we don't know yet.

Won’t California need an election to replace Harris now? Not that they would flip it?

Edited by Jason

There's more than enough stuff about this process to where I'd be suspicious of the winner, no matter if it was Biden or Trump.  I'm fully aware that because the guy I wanted lost I'll be seen as butthurt or in denial and I won't try to pretend that's not how it sounds.  But I still choose to wait until a winner is officially decided after the inevitable recounts have happened before I declare anyone won

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

The process is the process, and Biden won. Maybe we need to change our voting procedures (like get rid of the electoral college), rather than second guess it every time. Butthurt abounds...time to move on, and bury #45 in kitty litter.

There is nothing I feel stronger about than keeping the Electoral College.  It is essential to keep middle America from being a fiefdom for NY and California 

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

There is nothing I feel stronger about than keeping the Electoral College.  It is essential to keep middle America from being a fiefdom for NY and California 

So you think your vote is worth more than a New Yorker? What about the Senate? Do you really think North Dakota should have as many senators as California?

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

So you think your vote is worth more than a New Yorker? What about the Senate? Do you really think North Dakota should have as many senators as California?

This is all incredibly naive as long as you allow 2 national parties to use their multi-billion dollar war chests to completely control the narrative for everyone on every issue

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

We have been through this before but let's simplify. A bunch of twats from New York with their self absorbed interests and no concern for anyone outside of their pretentious bubble shouldn't be able to steamroller the rights of those who do all the work that allows them to be such insufferable pricks.

This includes the democraps from the other major cities.

Clear now? 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

This is all incredibly naive as long as you allow 2 national parties to use their multi-billion dollar war chests to completely control the narrative for everyone on every issue

Yes, agreed. I tend to believe in the "one party" idea, and the main reason the Dems hated Trump so much--by Dems, I mean the political and media establishment (and thus the ones who control the liberal narrative)--is that his corruption was too obvious. He isn't THAT different from previous presidents, except mostly cosmetically. But he didn't know how to behave, how to talk like a politician - sort of like Nook LaLoosh in Bull Durham. In a strange way, he was more honest because--unlike smarter psychopaths--he didn't know how to mask his psychopathy.

The Dems are probably just as responsible for riling up division, through their endless Trump hatefest, and in turn demonizing his followers. Now they've painted Biden & Harris as Christ-like saviors, while what they'll almost certainly do is just "calm things down" so the neo-con oligarchy can re-assert its machinations behind the scenes.

I think our political system is deeply corrupt and basically run by psychopaths who feed off the rest of us. This has been the case for thousands of years, ever since "leaders" arose who wished to control resources for their own gain. Real change won't come from above, but from the people themselves - demanding different forms of government, of human interaction and existential priorities. We're essentially still in our adolescence (at best) as a species, and like a drunk 16-year old new driver, may not survive.

But all of what I express on micro-issues is within the context of the system-as-it-is. Within the narrative(s), so to speak. So while I agree on the naivete you speak of, within the "rules of the game," I'm fine with criticizing the electoral college, or suggesting that--if nothing else--Biden will be better for the health of the country, even if he is, in the end, just another neocon puppet.

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

We have been through this before but let's simplify. A bunch of twats from New York with their self absorbed interests and no concern for anyone outside of their pretentious bubble shouldn't be able to steamroller the rights of those who do all the work that allows them to be such insufferable pricks.

This includes the democraps from the other major cities.

Clear now? 

Sounds good in principle, but the opposite should be true as well, no? A bunch of ignorance rednecks shouldn't be able to steamroll the rights of everyone who doesn't live in homogeneous communities and isn't married to a religious ideology from thousands of years ago. 

So, why not one vote, one person?

Meanwhile, let people live as they choose. 

Edited by Angelsjunky