• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congrats Dems!

13 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Everything is relative, though.

Certainly in politics there’s a breaking point either way.

if any of these insane they/she/him people get any real power outside of token status in the D party there will be a lot more swing states. Or if the AOCs and Bernies of the world decide that it isn’t worth it any longer to be relegated to be tools to push establishment candidates every four years and break off from the party, that could result in real problems. Neither party is going anywhere. There’s too many variables. 

Edited by Adam

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

Certainly in politics there’s a breaking point either way.

if any of these insane they/she/him people get any real power outside of token status in the D party there will be a lot more swing states. Or if the AOCs and Bernies of the world decide that it isn’t worth it any longer to be relegated to be tools to push establishment candidates every four years and break off from the party, that could result in real problems. Neither party is going anywhere. There’s too many variables. 

The parties are in the business of winning. If the Republicans have to shift to the left to keep Texas they will. Trumpism will be dead in the next 20 years and the party will go through a rebranding phase at some point along the way.

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The parties are in the business of winning. If the Republicans have to shift to the left to keep Texas they will. Trumpism will be dead in the next 20 years and the party will go through a rebranding phase at some point along the way.

What do you know, Condi?

Life really puts things into perspective. For example, things occur that put politics to the side like my sister-in-law’s dad passing away suddenly last week from a heart attack. She’s really having a tough time. Another example from today is that I learned I married someone who does this: 

CC473586-DE22-41CE-A89A-22CF769B09A1.jpeg

15 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is why popular vote is so stupid. It eliminates any equal representation and gives only the majority a voice. That is not true democracy, it's plutocracy.  

The whole point of a democratic republic was to negate ruling classes determining all policy. 

Damn you guys are ignorant.

How is the Senate system "equal representation" when there is one Senator for every 300,000 Wyomingans and one for every 20,000,000 Californians?

It sounds like what you want is equal representation of un-equal ideologies. You want Wyoming to have an equal say as California, despite the fact that 35x more people live in CA.

Not to mention that say, legalizing gay marriage doesn't mean you have to marry a dude and tongue his balls. Nor does keeping abortion safe and legal mean you have to kill babies. But it does mean that people with different ideologies don't have to live by yours, and have the same rights that you have.

Popular vote is imperfect, mainly because people aren't equal in their worldviews or understanding of how the world works. But it sure makes more sense than the electoral college, or the Senate system - which is NOT equal representation.

Something I just realized is, the red/blue divide in our country is primarily a rural/urban divide. Therefore, the folks who are most marginalized by the EC are rural residents in blue states and urban residents in red states.

For instance, someone who lives in Redding, CA is in the same boat as someone who lives in Birmingham, AL. Their interests get swallowed up because the majority votes differently than they do.

53 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Mrs. Dodge's graphic design work isn't half bad. That flyer is a little busy, but the content is well-organized. I would have stuck with one font and two or three colors.

I’m pretty sure it’s a template off of Pinterest 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Something I just realized is, the red/blue divide in our country is primarily a rural/urban divide. Therefore, the folks who are most marginalized by the EC are rural residents in blue states and urban residents in red states.

For instance, someone who lives in Redding, CA is in the same boat as someone who lives in Birmingham, AL. Their interests get swallowed up because the majority votes differently than they do.

The majority asserts its will on the minority. That’s the whole point of democratic elections. It’s wrong.