• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congrats Dems!

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yet they have equal representation in the Senate, which is also the chamber that confirms Supreme Court nominees.

Which means that the 578,759 inhabitants of Wyoming have the same power to confirm Supreme Court nominees as the 39,512,223 Californians. Makes sense, doesn't it.

(But I do love Longmire...he's the quintessential Wyomingan for us liberal elites)

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

There has to be balance. You cannot strip States of equal footing otherwise there is no union, only a ruling class. 

Amazing you can't understand this. 

Why not increase states rights and autonomy? Doesn't that give conservatives hard-ons? Oh yeah, because the less populous states suck off the teats of the more populous ones.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is why popular vote is so stupid. It eliminates any equal representation and gives only the majority a voice. That is not true democracy, it's plutocracy.  

The whole point of a democratic republic was to negate ruling classes determining all policy. 

Damn you guys are ignorant.

They understand because that is what progressives want. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is why popular vote is so stupid. It eliminates any equal representation and gives only the majority a voice. That is not true democracy, it's plutocracy.  

The whole point of a democratic republic was to negate ruling classes determining all policy. 

Damn you guys are ignorant.

Saying "it only gives the majority a voice" and then calling other people ignorant is so on brand for Blarg.

The electoral college is in place precisely so the majority has a voice.

The problem is the electoral college was founded during a time when slaves were still very much a thing, and women couldn't vote, and technology didn't exist, and the vice president was elected via the EC, and...

And despite the fact that every state gets a "voice", the election is always decided by just 4-5 states. 

A Nov. 6, 2016 episode of PBS NewsHour revealed that “Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have made more than 90% of their campaign stops in just 11 so-called battleground states. Of those visits, nearly two-thirds took place in the four battlegrounds with the most electoral votes — Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and North Carolina.” [19]

So when a candidate "wins" a state, the votes for the losing candidate are deemed worthless. Same for a place like California. If you're a Democrat and can't vote, who the fuck cares? It would be a drop in the ocean. Nearly 5 million Republicans voted for Trump in California. Their votes mean fuck all. Instead of adding to the overall vote total, they essentially wiped their ass with their ballot because there was no way Trump would have won the state. Why should Republicans even bother voting in California? Their voice isn't heard. I'm guessing several million cons didn't bother voting in California because they know it wouldn't matter. Imagine how many would turn out if the popular vote decided the election. Imagine how many people would vote in every state.

I don't think we can just get rid of the EC, but reform is needed.

I don't think I'm a full blown Dem, but I sure as crap will be happy to have Trump out of there. 

I'd really like to see better communication and crisis handling skills out of the WH. This whole COVID response has been so mismanaged in so many respects. A lot of it came down to messaging that I honestly think was partially delivered in a cynical attempt to amplify political support in one's already existing base. COVID was his biggest challenge and he failed it miserably. The fallout has been and will continue to be massive.

Trump is an awful leader in almost every sense.

Trump never even wanted to bother with being a leader.  Popularity and profits are his only care.  Someone does need to take this covid seriously and Biden has already joined actual professionals in the field together and not just his son in law and professional sycophants.   My kid told me they had more deaths in the last week than months before combined at her hospital.  fishbulb is correct, Trump's stance on covid was how many votes can I get out of it.   

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

We have been through this before but let's simplify. A bunch of twats from New York with their self absorbed interests and no concern for anyone outside of their pretentious bubble shouldn't be able to steamroller the rights of those who do all the work that allows them to be such insufferable pricks.

This includes the democraps from the other major cities.

Clear now? 

You really don't have a nation without the electoral college. If it and the Senate are removed or made proportional I assume half the states would secede from the union and create a new nation. The anti-electoral college movement is essentially a leftist movement aimed at removing red states from American politics entirely. 

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Why not increase states rights and autonomy? Doesn't that give conservatives hard-ons? Oh yeah, because the less populous states suck off the teats of the more populous ones.

Why not leave the hyperbole out of this.  We both know states rights have been stripped away administration after administration.  Doesn’t matter whether it is a red or blue one.  That is never coming back.  

I would be open to a discussion with realistic ideas

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You really don't have a nation without the electoral college. If it and the Senate are removed or made proportional I assume half the states would secede from the union and create a new nation. The anti-electoral college movement is essentially a leftist movement aimed at removing red states from American politics entirely. 

Could you explain like, all of this?

Sounds like a bunch of hyper bowl to me.

28 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Could you explain like, all of this?

Sounds like a bunch of hyper bowl to me.

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-great-compromise-affects-politics-today

Without the great compromise it's possible we never ratify a constitution. There are obvious issues with it, and room for improvement but if it was removed entirely small states would feel like the city of Anaheim after Arte changed the name.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Without the great compromise it's possible we never ratify a constitution. There are obvious issues with it, and room for improvement but if it was removed entirely small states would feel like the city of Anaheim after Arte changed the name.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The blue states need the red states to produce rednecks to kill brown people

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Why not leave the hyperbole out of this.  We both know states rights have been stripped away administration after administration.  Doesn’t matter whether it is a red or blue one.  That is never coming back.  

I would be open to a discussion with realistic ideas

No hyperbole? In Angelspin?! You ask too much.

Anyhow, my ideas aren't very realistic given the current system.