• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

He'd essentially be replacing Teheran. It's an interesting idea. On a one year deal it could be a steal.

Teheran was beyond awful this year. I think it's a safe bet Happ will do better than a 45 ERA+ and -1.0 WAR.

I don't want him, but he'd come cheap on a 1 year deal. His age is irrelevant in that case.

I do hope we have higher aspirations, though. Unless Minasian wants to add 3 starters.

25 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Happ has a career ERA of 3.98, and he'll pitch at age 39.  A six man rotation may be ideal for him.  

For myself, it would depend what he wants vs what we'd offer.  2/16  may be as far as I would offer.

2/16 seems WAY too steep.

I'm not guaranteeing him 2 years when he's going to be pitching at age 39.

For me, if it's a one year deal to be a back-end starter for under $5 million, I think it's alright. It can't be their only move though.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

2/16 seems WAY too steep.

I'm not guaranteeing him 2 years when he's going to be pitching at age 39.

For me, if it's a one year deal to be a back-end starter for under $5 million, I think it's alright. It can't be their only move though.

If Teheran got $9 million Happ will get at least 10. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Really does depend on cost and years. 

Not for me. A 38 year old pitcher who in the last “real” season has a 4 plus era is not something I want in the Angels rotation. I’d rather they stand pat then spend money on someone like that. I’d rather they spend that money on a back up outfielder or ss or closer

33 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not for me. A 38 year old pitcher who in the last “real” season has a 4 plus era is not something I want in the Angels rotation. I’d rather they stand pat then spend money on someone like that. I’d rather they spend that money on a back up outfielder or ss or closer

It's not one or the other. Happ is going to be a cheap target for the rotation and it won't impact other positions of need.

They're not blowing their wad on JA fuckin Happ.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

It's not one or the other. Happ is going to be a cheap target for the rotation and it won't impact other positions of need.

Exactly.  But I don’t agree with you that he gets more than Teheran.  I think he gets about $6-7 million.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Exactly.  But I don’t agree with you that he gets more than Teheran.  I think he gets about $6-7 million.

We'll see. 

His salary in 2020 was $17 million. Obviously he didn't make that much because of the shortened season but still. He pitched well. I just can't see him getting less than 10.

Then again, we still don't know how the offseason is gonna go so who knows.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

You crack me up. Read what I wrote and not what you think I said. I never said they were blowing their wad on Happ. But the money Arte has to spend isn’t infinite. If the budget is 30 or 40 million Happ would take up at least say 5 million. So the Angels would have less money to spend elsewhere. I wouldn’t offer Happ anything I don’t think he’d be worth it he’s old and his last “real” season was an over 4 era. Have your own opinion you are allowed mine is I don’t want the Angels to spend on over 35 year old players. Take a breath and breathe it’ll be ok. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

We'll see. 

His salary in 2020 was $17 million. Obviously he didn't make that much because of the shortened season but still. He pitched well. I just can't see him getting less than 10.

Then again, we still don't know how the offseason is gonna go so who knows.

That was a multi year deal signed back when he was still pretty good. I wouldn't make much at all about his former contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 10, but I wouldn't be stoked about giving him that much. Still, up till his tenure with the Yankees, he was pretty decent. And 2020 numbers (small sample) were good for NY.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

You crack me up. Read what I wrote and not what you think I said. I never said they were blowing their wad on Happ. But the money Arte has to spend isn’t infinite. If the budget is 30 or 40 million Happ would take up at least say 5 million. So the Angels would have less money to spend elsewhere. I wouldn’t offer Happ anything I don’t think he’d be worth it he’s old and his last “real” season was an over 4 era. Have your own opinion you are allowed mine is I don’t want the Angels to spend on over 35 year old players. Take a breath and breathe it’ll be ok. 

sesame street k GIF

On 11/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, tdawg87 said:

Jimmy Fallon Nod GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

My name is Harvey F'ing Cahill. Someone once blew their 20 million dollar wad on me, and in return I provided them with something invaluable. A cautionary tale on blowing wads.