• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

While I like Snell, I wouldn't trade Adell for him.  I'd trade Adell for someone who comes with 5+ years of control, and Snell only has 3.

I get what you are saying but at the same time guys with 5 years of control are much less of a sure thing than Snell.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I get what you are saying but at the same time guys with 5 years of control are much less of a sure thing than Snell.  

Yeah, and that's a very fair point too.  Just personally speaking, I'd prefer to trade Adell for someone like Dustin May - i.e., a young pitcher who clearly is loaded with potential and can step right into the rotation.  Not as much as a sure thing as Snell, but likely will be pretty good.

5 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i've said it several times, but i'd trade adell before i traded marsh. i think marsh is going to be the better player.

Adell might have a higher ceiling, if everything clicks, but I tend to think Marsh has a higher floor, if that makes sense....I’m probably influenced by Adell’s rough start...

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’d trade quite a bit to get him.  If I could get him for Adell straight up I would consider it.  If I could get him straight up for Fletcher I consider it.  What I don’t want is to give up Detmers, Chris Rodriguez or Kochanowicz.

+1

i have no problems trading Adell.  Even others like adams, etc.  but keep your paws off my Rodriguez, Detmers & Koch. 

22 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Smyly just got 11 mil.  If we are even close to getting Happ, it may take that much, or a second year. 

Smyly’s contract is really odd. The only thing I can think of is that some of his peripherals exploded this year, and perhaps the Braves(?) think they might be getting a late in life ace. Not unlike Rich Hill and similar others. 

Adell 5(+?) years of a potential superstar/probable star/possible solid player/bust

for

Snell 3 years of a 28 year old all star pitcher

While the years are in their favor, starters are worth more than outfielders on the open market. Guys like Snell are rarely available for 3 years, so the price will be high. If you can get him for Adell straight up, I think you have to do it.

PLOT TWIST:

What if they say they're open to trading him because of that happened in that final game? What if Blake Snell has expressed being extremely disappointed with the coaching strategies and wants out? 

No idea why a team that was a few wins away from a World Series is trading a star pitcher (other than payroll).  

1 minute ago, SoWhat said:

Snell will most definitely require Adell AND Marsh. This is off-season is the perfect market for the Rays to make a killing. 

He won't cost both. Yes, Snell is good. (Potential Ace), But he's coming off some injuries so there's no way he costs both. Dude also struggled with pitch count all season barely going into the 5th and 6th innings. Of course, he'd still be a huge upgrade to our rotation, but has his flaws. 

10 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

PLOT TWIST:

What if they say they're open to trading him because of that happened in that final game? What if Blake Snell has expressed being extremely disappointed with the coaching strategies and wants out? 

No idea why a team that was a few wins away from a World Series is trading a star pitcher (other than payroll).  

Hell yes just like woman half my age around 2am

I would say it'll take one of Adell/Marsh, Detmers/Rodriguez + a flier. 

But my main concerns with Snell is that outside of 2018 he's been injured prone. He's only average over 150 inngs onces in his career. Like i said, outside of that 2018 years and produced a 4.8 war, he's only  produced war of 1.8,1.8,2.7 and 0.6. Not what you would want for that price. 

Personally i would rather go after Darvish as it'll cost less. 

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

He won't cost both. Yes, Snell is good. (Potential Ace), But he's coming off some injuries so there's no way he costs both. Dude also struggled with pitch count all season barely going into the 5th and 6th innings. Of course, he'd still be a huge upgrade to our rotation, but has his flaws. 

IMO, he will. Snell is a front line starter on an extremely club friendly deal. The market for top of the rotation arms is razor thin and the Angels will have to put together a package to compete with teams that have top farm systems like ATL and SEA. Marsh isn’t a blue chip prospect like Adell, we really gotta stop overrating our own prospects. 

3 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

IMO, he will. Snell is a front line starter on an extremely club friendly deal. The market for top of the rotation arms is razor thin and the Angels will have to put together a package to compete with teams that have top farm systems like ATL and SEA. Marsh isn’t a blue chip prospect like Adell, we really gotta stop overrating our own prospects. 

Marsh is a top 50 prospect.  I don’t think it will take a top 10 and another top 50 to get 3 years of Snell, but I could be wrong.