• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Jay said:

So where did Eppler land? Or is he still in orbit?

47 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Surfing with Brad Ausmus.

Both still collecting a paycheck from Arte.

I really think the Ausmus hiring put the final nail in the coffin for Eppler.  I have no inside information or connections, only speculation.

21 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I really think the Ausmus hiring put the final nail in the coffin for Eppler.  I have no inside information or connections, only speculation.

That doesn’t explain giving him a one year extension this year.  

7 hours ago, eligrba said:

I think that was one of the nails.  Or at least got the ball rolling.  I also have no inside info but I think that the final nail was the team doing well in the second 'half' of 2020.  I get the sense that was Maddon driven.  Or I could be talking out of my ass.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think that was one of the nails.  Or at least got the ball rolling.  I also have no inside info but I think that the final nail was the team doing well in the second 'half' of 2020.  I get the sense that was Maddon driven.  Or I could be talking out of my ass.  

Hadn’t considered the second half performance in the equation but I would agree with your conclusion.

45 minutes ago, mmc said:

If he comes cheap I like it. He gave up 4 in each of his first two start last season but without a proper spring training at his age it probably played a pretty big role. Now obviously the same size gets pretty small when subtracting anything from last years already shortened season but I like this. 

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

If he comes cheap I like it. He gave up 4 in each of his first two starts last season but without a proper spring training at his age it probably played a pretty big role. Now obviously the sample size gets pretty small when subtracting anything from last years already shortened season but I like this. 

I guess you can’t edit your posts anymore?