• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Solid deal for the Pirates. Yajure and Contreras both have a future at the back end of their rotation. Escotto isn't anything, and Smith has a promising bat with an advanced already. Might turn into a halfway decent LF. 

Taillon is two TJ surgeries in, and all the risk is on the Yankees. If he's healthy, there's no guarantee his stuff will still be the same. And even if it is, there's no guarantee his stuff will play in a homer happy AL East. And even if, best case scenario, it does all play up, he's got two years in control left.

That's not a deal the Angels had any business matching, I don't think. Not when there are other FA options available that won't cost prospects.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

That’s an impossible statement to quantify. Teams value prospects differently. They may have valued the yanks top 20 guys as the angels top 3 guys. 

Well sure, but if that's the case you laugh for 10 minutes on the line then hang up. 

Just saying in general, we could have matched it. Just like the Musgrove trade. 

But like I said, I never wanted Taillon.

BTW, phone? You can stop autocorrecting "Taillon" to "Tallon" you unbelievable fuck.

I figure a very rough equivalent (slightly light on Angels end, but not by much) would be Patrick Sandoval, Hector Yan, Orlando Martinez and Stiward Aquino. 

Would I have paid it? Yes, Taillon is with taking a chance on. But, the timing wouldn't match up. There are still free agents available, the Angels still have some money to spend and they could just keep their prospects in those scenarios. 

Now if they whiffed on every free agent, then yeah, I make that deal. And they're certainly trending in that direction, but aren't there yet. Minasian may get someone pretty good still.

Just now, Dochalo said:

I didn't realize that Taillon's second surgery just recently happened.  Never mind.  Hard pass on that.  

I do like him though but that would been a huge and unnecessary risk.  

You're welcome.

45 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well sure, but if that's the case you laugh for 10 minutes on the line then hang up. 

Just saying in general, we could have matched it. Just like the Musgrove trade. 

But like I said, I never wanted Taillon.

BTW, phone? You can stop autocorrecting "Taillon" to "Tallon" you unbelievable fuck.

I agree with that. For all we know that happened. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I figure a very rough equivalent (slightly light on Angels end, but not by much) would be Patrick Sandoval, Hector Yan, Orlando Martinez and Stiward Aquino. 

Would I have paid it? Yes, Taillon is with taking a chance on. But, the timing wouldn't match up. There are still free agents available, the Angels still have some money to spend and they could just keep their prospects in those scenarios. 

Now if they whiffed on every free agent, then yeah, I make that deal. And they're certainly trending in that direction, but aren't there yet. Minasian may get someone pretty good still.

8C049D39-3941-46CA-B0BB-B6B841F798C8.thumb.jpeg.808cf7c2093c17e25b9e7254c4d583b3.jpeg

Wonder if that site overrates Yankees prospects. Didn't remember them having a strong farm, but the sim gives them decent value. 

There's really no headline prospect, though, regardless. 

42 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

8C049D39-3941-46CA-B0BB-B6B841F798C8.thumb.jpeg.808cf7c2093c17e25b9e7254c4d583b3.jpeg

Wonder if that site overrates Yankees prospects. Didn't remember them having a strong farm, but the sim gives them decent value. 

There's really no headline prospect, though, regardless. 

Yeah that's overselling Escotto and severely underselling Yan. 17-21 is close as is, but I think I'm reality, it's probably closer to 18 going to the Yanks and 18 coming to the Angels.

I would’ve made the Taillon trade and honestly, I would’ve given up more than the Yankees did to get him.  I might still be much higher on his upside than most, but to me the chances of him being a frontline starter are high enough to where he was someone I really hoped we wouldn’t pass on for what it would cost.  Oh well.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

I would’ve made the Taillon trade and honestly, I would’ve given up more than the Yankees did to get him.  I might still be much higher on his upside than most, but to me the chances of him being a frontline starter are high enough to where he was someone I really hoped we wouldn’t pass on for what it would cost.  Oh well.

I wanted him as well, but I wanted him as the 2nd or 3rd starter.