• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Looking at the deals for pitchers - Kluber 1/11, Richards 1/10, Quintana 1/8, Happ 1/8, I do think we got the best value, but only time will tell.

i don't expect many to agree, but i'd take happ over richards this year.

I would trade for Taillon in a heartbeat if the price is right.  

you'd have to think that he's gonna cost less than Musgrove who's prospect haul wasn't what I expected.  

Taillon and Rodriguez (Richard) 

for 

Deveaux
Jackson
Martinez
Suarez

or the other option would be to take on Greg Polanco on a pure salary dump with the two listed above and take Jackson out of the mix.  

or you could include Adam Frazier instead of Polanco and add another prospect or two.  That would be a one stop shop and add about 8m in total payroll.  Which could still leave room for Hand.  Frazier can play 2b or OF and is a very solid defender.  

17 hours ago, Second Base said:

AngelsWin in October: We're getting Trevor Bauer and Luis Castillo!!!!

excited ric flair GIF

AngelsWin in January: I really feel in my heart that Jose Quintana and Chris Archer are good value. 

sad ben affleck GIF

Its almost always the same people losing their shit over the brand names every year.

Bauer has to be the biggest wild card FA in a long ass time because of all the side stuff... so, anyone who saw him as anything other than a long shot is guilty of wishful thinking but, that's also called fandom. 

Also, there is suddenly a renewed controversy swirling about him since the Porter thing came out that has called into question whether the Mets will really consider him.  One of his Twitter squabbles (female), went after Rosenthal for what she felt was his grandstanding regarding Porter only to then talking up the Mets interest in Bauer.  She claims what he did to her while not sexual was abusive and sexist and a bunch of other "isms".   So now the Mets supposed "zero tolerance" comments may be cause for bad PR if they sign him.

Personally, I do wonder if all the other shit isn't driving his price down on some level, if only because some teams may now be worried about a potential backlash or future "Twitter tinkle fest".

I guess there's this:

Trevor Bauer’s dark social media episode should disqualify him from Mets

https://nypost.com/2021/01/23/trevor-bauers-dark-social-media-episode-should-disqualify-him-from-mets/

The most glaring example, one that I admittedly hadn’t fully digested previously, occurred in January 2019 when Bauer engaged in a Twitter battle with a female college student, whose name won’t be reported here in the interest of protecting her from further attacks. What began as seemingly playful trash talk quickly escalated into something much darker, as Bauer (who currently has over 414,000 followers on the platform) researched the woman’s Twitter timeline to find and retweet posts of her drinking alcohol before her 21st birthday.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I guess there's this:

Trevor Bauer’s dark social media episode should disqualify him from Mets

https://nypost.com/2021/01/23/trevor-bauers-dark-social-media-episode-should-disqualify-him-from-mets/

The most glaring example, one that I admittedly hadn’t fully digested previously, occurred in January 2019 when Bauer engaged in a Twitter battle with a female college student, whose name won’t be reported here in the interest of protecting her from further attacks. What began as seemingly playful trash talk quickly escalated into something much darker, as Bauer (who currently has over 414,000 followers on the platform) researched the woman’s Twitter timeline to find and retweet posts of her drinking alcohol before her 21st birthday.

lol at dark side.