• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Put us out of our misery

Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I could live with a return to 154 games, but anything less would be bad.

I could go with around 140 games. Cumulative stats are what the are but the season is ridiculously long. Pitchers wear out by September and are on either fumes or cortisone by the time the post season rolls into late fall.

I would have no problem with the regular season ending on August 31st, expand the playoffs to include more teams so there is more interest in the last weeks of the season. The one game play in is bullshit. 

It's a slow moving game so move towards the more tension filled part of the season sooner. Allow trades up to the last two weeks.

Give fans a reason to be interested in what their team is doing and FFS get ESPN to talk about the season within the season instead of football 24/7. Baseball really fucked up letting their season go ignored on national radio and tv. MLB channel isn't available much since they want to ramp up the fees to cable outlets that dump them and are dying as is because of declining revenue. 

7 hours ago, Justin said:

I know. I would like to return to the best record in each league meeting in the World Series, but I know that will not happen. 

you'd prefer to eliminate the entirety of the playoffs and just go back to straight to the world series? that is an uncommon position, i'll give you that.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

MLB channel isn't available much since they want to ramp up the fees to cable outlets that dump them and are dying as is because of declining revenue. 

Then there are the damned blackouts. There have been multiple times when, because I live in the blackout area for six teams, I couldn't get either game carried by MLBN.

162 games is fine. I liked the three game wild card series and I would go to 4 divisions of 4, per league and yes that’s two  expansion teams. Top two division winners get a bye, lower two get to play the two wild cards. That’s 12 teams in the playoffs which is the sweet spot between expanded at 10 and this years 16 which is too many.

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This season made me reconsider my position on a shorter season in general.   They won't ever go back to 154 games because of money reasons but they could come down from 162 games and I wouldn't mind.   As far as the WS goes -- first one I've watched every game of in a long ass time, in large part because they haven't had as many off day's during the post-season..   Maybe that's what I have liked (again) and not so much a shorter season. 

The ending the other night was an all timer, it's been a fun WS.

How about 156 games, playing two 3 game series per week for 26 weeks plus the ASB?   That way, none of this 20 games in 20 days crap, no need for DHs, etc.  

Post-season has to be either 8 or 16 teams.   Can’t have too long byes for pitching staffs, better to have everyone playing in the first round.

I prefer 8 post-season teams.

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How about 156 games, playing two 3 game series per week for 26 weeks plus the ASB?   That way, none of this 20 games in 20 days crap, no need for DHs, etc.  

Post-season has to be either 8 or 16 teams.   Can’t have too long byes for pitching staffs, better to have everyone playing in the first round.

I prefer 8 post-season teams.

Why would you bother fucking with the entire season for 6 measly games? Just end the season August 31, who cares how many games that is. Playoffs start the first week of September, who cares how many teams as long as the World Series is over by the end of the first week of October. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Why would you bother fucking with the entire season for 6 measly games? Just end the season August 31, who cares how many games that is. Playoffs start the first week of September, who cares how many teams as long as the World Series is over by the end of the first week of October. 

The further baseball gets away from football the better they are off. Also no one cares how many wins a team has once they get to the post season skates are wiped clean. I got one liked how many teams were in the playoffs this year. Made it more entertaining. Even the Angels had a chance to make the playoffs the last week of the season. 

also no one cares about stats anymore. Starting pitchers don’t pitch more than 6 innings. Bullpens start the games sometimes. Batting average Rbi hr 2bs 3bs don’t matter it’s all about the WAR. End the season And playoffs before football starts. Shorten spring training while your at it. No one needs to play 40 games before the season actually starts. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I think baseball should be all year.  Each season should be 13 months long and the next season should start immediately after the previous.  They should play every day and have a 60 man roster.  Each playoff series is best of 21.  

I think you might be on to something. let me make a few calls.

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

works for me