• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Put us out of our misery

Dtwncbad

I have never wanted the World Series to be over more than I want this one to be over.

1). it doesn’t seem like a “real” World Series because this whole season seemed like a joke in the first place.

2). I can’t root for the Dodgers, and I can’t root for a team with uniforms that bad to win either.

3). The Angels can’t get a GM hired until this thing is over.

Put us out of our misery and get this thing over with already.

It has actually been a decent WS, with some great moments. Game 5 was a bore, but 4 was epic, and the others had moments. In the end, it comes down the baseball: is it good, fun to watch? To be honest, I'd take a WS game of any two teams over watching the Angels in the regular season, because of the inherent tension of the WS: every batter, pitch, moment counts. The players are focused and involved. I love every Trout home run, but would much rather see Manny Margot trying to steal home in the WS than yet another Trout dinger in the 8th inning of a 10-1 blowout.

This season has been a blast. Every game mattered more. I think baseball can take a lesson from this for the future. I wouldn’t mind a shorter condensed version of the regular season to say 100 games and more teams in the playoffs. I’d prefer longer series in the playoffs to all 7 games series. But I enjoyed this season. 

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

The Series has been enjoyable, but the season as a whole feel so asterisk'd.  Its hard to take it seriously playing less than half a season.   Somehow seems fitting that the Doggers get the monkey off the back in a shortened season, lol 

They played the same season as everybody else. And it’s not like anyone didn’t think they’d make the playoffs. If anything they had to play more playoff teams than usual once the playoffs started. If the Dodgers win just like the Lakers or Tampa Bays title all will be well deserved. You can only play what the league puts in front of you. Tampa has a shot to take this to a game 7 and you know what they say about game 7s. 

It’s been an entertaining season. I don’t believe the season or the post season should have any sort of asterisk, unless some sort of new cheating scandal emerges.  The two teams with the best records made the World Series. They came out of the gates and won the most games. They were teams everyone expected to be contenders.  They were teams that won 95 plus games last year, so it isn’t some fluke. I too think the league could go to a shorter season, but I’m thinking 150 or so. 

This season made me reconsider my position on a shorter season in general.   They won't ever go back to 154 games because of money reasons but they could come down from 162 games and I wouldn't mind.   As far as the WS goes -- first one I've watched every game of in a long ass time, in large part because they haven't had as many off day's during the post-season..   Maybe that's what I have liked (again) and not so much a shorter season. 

The ending the other night was an all timer, it's been a fun WS.

18 minutes ago, Justin said:

The Astros had a losing record and were one game away from playing in the World Series. If you think that's cool or exciting, I respect your opinion. But I hope we never again see a 16-team postseason. 

I am willing to bet that we will see a 16 team post season for at least another year. 

Just now, Stradling said:

I am willing to bet that we will see a 16 team post season for at least another year. 

I know. I would like to return to the best record in each league meeting in the World Series, but I know that will not happen. 

I heard Manfred on MLB network radio and he said 16 teams is too many. They did it this year because in a normal 162 game season team differentiate themselves enough to determine who should be in the postseason. 

He doesn't anticipate this many teams going to the postseason again.

40 minutes ago, Justin said:

The Astros had a losing record and were one game away from playing in the World Series. If you think that's cool or exciting, I respect your opinion. But I hope we never again see a 16-team postseason. 

Ya it was terrible watching the 16-0 Pats get defeated by the Giants. What garbage 😉

5 minutes ago, Justin said:

Some people don't want to see baseball become like the NFL or NBA. 

Entertaining? Yep I get that. I'd rather have less regular season games more post season games and more post season drama. The regular season and post season has been completely regional the numbers are dwindling behind both of those. Time to revamp the process and keep more stars and teams involved later in the year to capture more eyes. The teams will play and the better team will win. That's why I would rather the post season be series of 5 or 7 instead of the one game play in etc. People tune in for the playoffs. How many regular season Tigers games do you watch? Now tell me how many NFL regular season games you watch that aren't your favorite team?

Just now, Kevinb said:

I'd rather have less regular season games more post season games and more post season drama.

Are you under the age of 35? I'm not asking that to be snide; I'm actually curious. Because if you are, you probably don't remember pre-Wild Card baseball and the excitement of a pennant race.

The postseason is much more exciting now, but it has come at the expense of the regular season and a pennant race, which used to be the most entertaining thing in sports. 

40 minutes ago, Justin said:

I know. I would like to return to the best record in each league meeting in the World Series, but I know that will not happen. 

The last time the best record was guaranteed to meet in the World Series was 52 years ago.

The last time the two teams with the actual best record met in the World Series was.. (checks standings).... this current World Series.

Just now, Justin said:

Are you under the age of 35? I'm not asking that to be snide; I'm actually curious. Because if you are, you probably don't remember pre-Wild Card baseball and the excitement of a pennant race.

The postseason is much more exciting now, but it has come at the expense of the regular season and a pennant race, which used to be the most entertaining thing in sports. 

I am 38 and I didn't take it as snide. I think baseball should adapt some NFL and to a lesser extend NBA kind of changes to make MLB more entertaining. When the NFL smokes the MLB in ratings on a regular season game compared to a WS game that's a problem. People are turning away from MLB more than ever. It is losing ground nationally, regionally it does well. But I honestly couldn't tell you a single Ray in the WS and I think that's a problem. I can tell you a player from every NFL team.