• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Put us out of our misery

Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

What did he do?

Not only did he return to the field, against protocol, but:

"When MLB Security raised the matter of being on the field with Turner, he emphatically refused to comply."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30211683/mlb-justin-turner-disregarded-coronavirus-protocols

35 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Has Turner's lungs clogged up and all his teammates are suffering from fevers and headaches? Did they fly Covid Airways back to LA to infect their fans? 

He chartered a private plane for himself and family. He didn’t fly home with the team.

The team is actually quarantined for 14 days because of Turner. Dude probably went out to a strip club with Hamilton, did some blow off of some infected bimbo's ass and brought that back to the clubhouse to spread to everyone. No parade for two weeks. 

And the Commissioner is an ass to say he broke protocols taking pics with the trophy and sitting next to the manager after being pulled in the 8th inning. He just spent six hours with these guys in the locker room and on the field, they were all exposed, the post game gathering didn't mean shit. 

Even Plaschke slams Turner.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-10-28/dodgers-turner-coronavirus-survivor-plaschke

"The friction: About an hour after the final pitch, Turner ended his brief isolation in a stadium doctor’s office to return to the field to hug his teammates and their families while wearing a mask. Then he plopped down on the grass and removed his mask for a team photo. He was soon joined on the ground by Manager Dave Roberts, a cancer survivor who was also not wearing a mask. Turner then strolled around the infield without a mask before posing for a photo with the Commissioner’s Trophy.

Turner was approached by a member of Major League Baseball’s security detail, but he refused to leave. He knew he potentially could be exposing the virus to dozens of others including wives and children and at least one pregnant woman, yet he still insisted on staying."

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Then it worked. 

Not really. I was a journalism major and college sportswriter eons ago so I’m cursed and subscribe to and read a lot of different newspapers and articles out of a sick perversion. Even get these things called printed copies on Sunday. 

I’m not a big fan either.  I actually agreed with what Bill wrote in this column. It’s not anything specifically about any one column he writes. He just tends to drift with the tide. I think as a columnist Bill often tends to write articles more to draw readers than present a consistent viewpoint. The lawyer as ambulance chaser motif in print journalism at times.

For example, he repeatedly piled on the Lakers and Rob and Jeanie when Magic was pulling his histrionics last year but once their drama less approach to managing a front office produced a championship he was suddenly back on board.

His old pal Simers was even better at it but also was better at providing some level of sarcastic yet slightly comedic effect. It’s something I could never do and one reason why I never pursued that line of employment in the end. I do understand they need to pay the bills and drawing attention is part of it. Just don’t agree with it.

I do love Jeff Fletcher, though he’s a beat writer so it’s an apples to oranges comparison at times with a columnist like Bill. But Fletch is a straight shooter, even more so on this board than in print.

Now Dollar Bill Shaikin on the other hand and his continuous anti-Angels and anti-Arte thing does perplex me. Almost seems like a grudge or vendetta at times, very consistent and unrelenting. 

These guys are all incredibly talented writers. Just don’t always agree with their approaches to what they write. But they do get my clicks (via the old school subscription method going back over 40 years now).