• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jason Castro traded to the Padres for Gerardo Reyes

mmc

18 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

7.62 ERA? Control issues? We've found the holy grail.

Split his season in half and there's a silver lining.

• 1st Half: 14 G, 14.1 IP, 16 hits, 17 ER, 2 HR, 7 BB, 21 K, 10.67 ERA
  • 2nd Half: 13 G, 11.2 IP, 8 hits, 5 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 17 K, 3.86 ERA
Edited by totdprods

Also worth noting, the Rockies have crushed him in multiple appearances - and he doesn't have many appearances in his career.

He's allowed 11 ER allowed in 8 IP, 10 of which came at Coors Field. He's also faced the Rockies more than any opponent. 

That could mean a couple things...the Rockies/Coors Field own him, or the more he faces an opponent, the quicker they figure him out. 

Maybe if we could get him to hold back on the power a bit, 95-96 on the high end, he could gain more control.  He can let loose occasionally against serious hitters.  This guy already has the stuff he just needs to put more energy into control.

12 hours ago, Bronson said:

Eppler has made 2 really good trades so far imo. A lot of upside.

Maybe. We won't know how these trades look for a year or so. These guys could be out of baseball in a year or they could be integral parts of the rebuilding process. I am ok with both trades. But way too early to say it's a really good trade. 

22 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

To the Angels ? He’s been one of the better more consistent hitters for them for two seasons now.  He plays all 3 outfield positions. Even if he is a 4th outfielder and I mean he’s been more than that.  But even if you want to characterize him that way.  Good teams need players like Brian Goodwin.  The Angels have had great difficulty acquiring and producing players like him over the last decade.  Come on man.  The Angels have AB’s for Goodwin and Marsh.  If Upton comes around cool.  Goodwin can play less.  But it’s key to have him there. 

im not saying I’m completely against trading him or that he’s a critical bedrock player.  But he’s also not a guy they can just move without getting a decent return.  

Not trying to play I told you so, but it looks like Eppler has a similar view to mine. Goodwin definitely has value but he is a stop gap starter and not good defensively which makes him a less than ideal back up. 

20 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not trying to play I told you so, but it looks like Eppler has a similar view to mine. Goodwin definitely has value but he is a stop gap starter and not good defensively which makes him a less than ideal back up. 

It does seem like they got a decent return tho ? That was all I was saying.  I just didn’t think they’d dump him for a couple of flyers.   Or need to move him generally.  I think they probably got what they were looking for.  

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It does seem like they got a decent return tho ? That was all I was saying.  I just didn’t think they’d dump him for a couple of flyers.   Or need to move him generally.  I think they probably got what they were looking for.  

I'm not excited about the return TBH, but I think it was fairly even.