• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jason Castro traded to the Padres for Gerardo Reyes

mmc

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Was it ever called off? I was drafting my fantasy football team. 

Well Nate said we were Heyman’d and I took that as since the trade wasn’t finalized or at least I don’t think it has been finalized, that perhaps the trade for Nola ended our trade.  I think it would be amazing if we could include one of the two catchers that won’t be playing now for the Padres as part of the Castro trade.

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well Nate said we were Heyman’d and I took that as since the trade wasn’t finalized or at least I don’t think it has been finalized, that perhaps the trade for Nola ended our trade.  I think it would be amazing if we could include one of the two catchers that won’t be playing now for the Padres as part of the Castro trade.

That seems really unlikely...makes more sense Hedges or Mejia are being held to go to Cleveland in a Clevinger.

I’m gonna stick to my guns and think there’s more here though. Maybe the Padres are trying to pull back Bundy or Goodwin too. Or maybe my feeling of a three-way deal is true. Angels, Padres, Indians. Goodwin, Bundy, prospects, outfielders, catchers, Clevinger, etc. The sheer number of pitching prospects both those teams have to offer would bode well for the Angels and how they can offer Bundy, Goodwin, OF prospects.

Maybe Bundy is a fall-back if they don’t get Clevinger. Maybe they want Goodwin after dealing OF to Cleveland for Clevinger.

Not to mention, being involved in a really, really big bold trade might be the only thing Eppler could do at this deadline to give him a hope of a good job here or elsewhere in a couple months.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That seems really unlikely...makes more sense Hedges or Mejia are being held to go to Cleveland in a Clevinger.

I’m gonna stick to my guns and think there’s more here though. Maybe the Padres are trying to pull back Bundy or Goodwin too. Or maybe my feeling of a three-way deal is true. Angels, Padres, Indians. Goodwin, Bundy, prospects, outfielders, catchers, Clevinger, etc. The sheer number of pitching prospects both those teams have to offer would bode well for the Angels and how they can offer Bundy, Goodwin, OF prospects.

Maybe Bundy is a fall-back if they don’t get Clevinger. Maybe they want Goodwin after dealing OF to Cleveland for Clevinger.

Well I am pretty sure Mejia isn’t going back to Cleveland.  He wasn’t well liked there.  He was part of the Hand deal I think.  

8 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

Still thinking I should be working on the bilingual thing...  

I want to thank the San Diego Padres Organization, the coaching staff, my teammates and the fans for all their help and unconditional support.
I am very happy for the new opportunity to continue my career with the Angels of Los Angeles.