• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Michael Nelson Trout

Trout could have left. He stayed. He’s making more money then we will see in 30 lifetimes. He’s gonna go down as a top 10 player to ever play the game. He has a beautiful wife and a kid. He gets to play with another top 10 player in the game. He knows Arte will spend money to try to put a competing team on the field. Mike Trout is fine. You don’t trade a Mike Trout. He’s a top 10 of all time home grown player. You know how crazy that is?

We got some money coming off the books this offseason. We got trade assets. Get Bauer in the offseason and trade for some relief pitching and a 2 starter. 

• 11 months later...

Trout has hit only eight home runs during the 2021 regular season. And we're now in late July, July 26 to be exact. Not just that but he has the same amount of home runs this regular season as Taylor Ward. The world is going to end soon with a six mile wide asteroid driving humans to extinction.  

Trout's contract is nearing that you cannot trade it. Angels need Trout to protect Ohtani. I was one who said trade him but I've changed my mind. Mainly because halos young pitchers have come along way this year. Ohtani is healthy and is an ace. Sandoval has really developed with Suarez, Barria, Detmers and Chris Rod on the way. Marsh looks like he belongs. Rendon needs to be healthy to really improve lineup. I say trade for a starter and work on bullpen. 

There is still the question if we continue to put out a mediocre team year after year, will Trout perhaps request a trade? He's made it clear he wants to be in the postseason and the status quo is not right.

I don't think he wants to play an entire career on a team struggling to get over .500.

14 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

There is still the question if we continue to put out a mediocre team year after year, will Trout perhaps request a trade? He's made it clear he wants to be in the postseason and the status quo is not right.

I don't think he wants to play an entire career on a team struggling to get over .500.

Trout isn’t like KD (moving to super teams to win a championship). He strikes me as the kind of person who wants to build something of his own.