• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Michael Nelson Trout

Lhalo

I have been on this planet for 40 years and have also been a fan of the Angels for as long as I remember. It is time to trade Mike Trout. This man has no business being restricted by the Angels organization. He is an 8 time All Star, he has accumulated the Silver Slugger award no less than seven times and has also won the MVP during the 2014, 2016 and 2019 seasons all while being apart of an organization that has only made the playoffs once in his career as a Major League Baseball player. The Angels haven't had a winning season since 2015 and in that span have only won 391 out of 810 regular season games (not including 2020).

In the sport of baseball the great players are remembered not only for their personal accolades but also for the success of their team, especially during the postseason. The Angels organization has robbed Mike Trout and baseball fans of the latter. While I don't doubt the intentions of this club to win and provide their fans with a successful team they have proved over and over again throughout the years that they are not capable of arranging a supporting group of teammates to allow the league's most talented player to excel in the playoffs. It pains me as a fan of the game to see the greatest player since Babe Ruth have his career marginalized by an incompetent front office who can't put together a pitching staff that any softball beer league couldn't take behind the wood shed to severely punish. It is an embarrassment that such a product is displayed in Southern California, a region which is considered to be the "Mecca" of baseball recruitment. It makes me question my devotion to this team and it also negatively influences how much time and money I spend following a persistently underachieving ball club.

For the TL/DR crowd I'll summarize my diatribe. Sell Mike Trout soon while he's still worth top dollar. This team is going nowhere with its pitching for the foreseeable future and in its current form is one of the worst teams in baseball.

I get your frustration and your frustration for Trout @Lhalo, but the man is making a ton of money, he's happily married, has a beautiful child to raise, lives in a nice house by the beach and is playing the game he's loved since a kid. 

All is alright in Trout's world bud. I wouldn't sweat it. 

If anything, direct your frustration toward the owner and GM who have failed to built a solid team around Trout. That needs to start to happen by this trade deadline and this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

If anything, direct your frustration toward the owner and GM who have failed to built a solid team around Trout. That needs to start to happen by this trade deadline and this offseason. 

That's exactly what I'm saying Chuck. Read my post one more time again my friend.

It's to the point that I want Mike Trout to win a World Series no matter what. I don't care if he's playing for the Boston Drunk Sox and he hits a grand slam to win game 7 at Fenway.

Arte and the staff have failed Mike for a decade. Trade him so I can see the best player in 100 years win baseball's most coveted prize.

18 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

That's exactly what I'm saying Chuck. Read my post one more time again my friend.

I should have added "keep" voicing your frustration toward management. 

I believe Trout is on cloud 9 my friend and if he like many other sports stars before him never wins a championship he'll still be happy.

That was my point.

But that’s not why I want him traded. I want the Angels to relinquish him for the good of the sport. There is zero chance Mike makes the postseason in the foreseeable future. This team will not make the playoffs let alone crawl out of the basement in the next few years with this horrendous pitching staff. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I should have added "keep" voicing your frustration toward management. 

I believe Trout is on cloud 9 my friend and if he like many other sports stars before him never wins a championship he'll still be happy.

That was my point.

Now you just made me feel selfish lol. Good on Trout for looking at life that way but as a paying fan I’m seriously considering taking my money elsewhere. I have a feeling I’m not the only one. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

How much money have you spent on the Angels this year?

I'm at $0.00

Im an idiot and bought tickets from a scalper for opening night.

At least I didnt pay for parking.

Paid for the uber though.

And all the bars around it were closed for covid.

Walking up to the park was like when the grizwalds walked up to wally world. 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It's to the point that I want Mike Trout to win a World Series no matter what. I don't care if he's playing for the Boston Drunk Sox and he hits a grand slam to win game 7 at Fenway.

Arte and the staff have failed Mike for a decade. Trade him so I can see the best player in 100 years win baseball's most coveted prize.

Your opinion is sort of similar to mine where I actually like Trout more than I like the Angels 

5 hours ago, Lhalo said:

iron man eye roll GIF

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

If Trout wants a trade he'll ask for one.

It’s crazy but this might happen. He’s got to be personally frustrated with constantly losing. I’m pretty sure that he would like to make his name relavent in October. He’s accomplished everything else. He’s the hardest working guy in baseball. Just remember that Jeter had 650 lifetime postseason at bats and Mike Trout has 12.
Legacy. 

Lol it’s so cringy how you guys just pound the panic button. There’s a lot of trades we can pull off and Bauer will be available in the offseason. Just chill. This is a weird year in general. Let’s see what happens next year. Who thought we were gonna get basically zero production from Upton and Ohtani. If they play like this next year then maybe we can start to panic.

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Lol it’s so cringy how you guys just pound the panic button. There’s a lot of trades we can pull off and Bauer will be available in the offseason. Just chill. This is a weird year in general. Let’s see what happens next year. Who thought we were gonna get basically zero production from Upton and Ohtani. If they play like this next year then maybe we can start to panic.

Lol we were saying this last year when they were also getting zero production from many guys

1 hour ago, Bronson said:

It’s very easy to play GM on the internet but just remember that this team doesn’t have the trade chips or the money to bring in championship quality starting pitchers. Teams want your top prospects and your best cost controlled players in return. We don’t have much of those to give. Also keep in mind that they have $116M tied up on 4 players next season and 2 of them are toast. That leaves them $70M to pay the other 22 guys needed to fill the roster. Now throw in another $24M-$28M for a top notch starter and what’s left? Oh and we need to get at least 2 starters.

Edited by RendZone

18 minutes ago, RendZone said:

It’s crazy but this might happen. He’s got to be personally frustrated with constantly losing. I’m pretty sure that he would like to make his name relavent in October. He’s accomplished everything else. He’s the hardest working guy in baseball. Just remember that Jeter had 650 lifetime postseason at bats and Mike Trout has 12.
Legacy. 

While you're strolling down memory lane try to remember that he flat out said he believed in what they are trying to do here.   Despite his wife being an East Coast girl. Despite the aura and mystique of the Yankees. Despite the endorsement potential.  Despite the Phillies being his home town team. Despite Jeter being his favorite player.  So to recap, despite your constant nay-saying, the game's best player has openly said he likes where he is, he believes in what they are trying to do, and he backed those words up by signing his name to a lifetime contract.

At some point it's worth believing what the player had said and done, right?