• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Michael Nelson Trout

6 minutes ago, Bronson said:

THIS. Is this really that hard for some of you to understand??? 

No but I have doubts that this org can do what needs to be done to make them better. I think everyone here would like to see a contending Angels team with Trout adding to his accolades every year. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

No but I have doubts that this org can do what needs to be done to make them better. I think everyone here would like to see a contending Angels team with Trout adding to his accolades every year. 

We all want the Angels to be good.  It is easier to do that with Trout than without him.  People on here make it sound like it is easy to trade him, but it isn’t.  

Just now, Stradling said:

We all want the Angels to be good.  It is easier to do that with Trout than without him.  People on here make it sound like it is easy to trade him, but it isn’t.  

Totally agree but as Angels fans we've been let down by those running the team year in and year out. It's getting frustrating. 

This season hasn’t even been going on a month. 

I realize that in this particular season it’s really bad because it’s almost half over, but if you’re looking at making franchise altering decisions you can’t base them on 26 games. 

Because 26 games may mean a lot in 2020 but in reality they are still just 26 games. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I realize that in this particular season it’s really bad because it’s almost half over, but if you’re looking at making franchise altering decisions you can’t base them on 26 games. 

Because 26 games may mean a lot in 2020 but in reality they are still just 26 games. 

I think the results this first 26 games shows, the team needs to overhaul it's pitching staff pretty much top to bottom. The position players, not so much.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Any season starting this bad would be extremely problematic. A non-covid season we're pretty much already eliminated this soon into the season.

It's really clear our rotation is lacking. 

Heaney is a middle of the road guy, not a top of the rotation guy. Useful 3/4 type starter.

Bundy is probably not this good but I applaud Eppler.

Sandoval/Canning not as bad as some feel. Solid 4-5 type guys.

Counting on Ohtani, especially to be an ace,  seems unwise.

In other words our rotation needs a 1 and 2 type starting pitcher........still. Bauer? Stroman? Not sure how to accomplish this. 

I don't want to talk about the pen. Finding players other teams gave up on who throw hard seems to be Eppler's philosophy on assembling a pen. 

We're not just bad. We're the worst in the AL. 

11 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Any season starting this bad would be extremely problematic. A non-covid season we're pretty much already eliminated this soon into the season.

It's really clear our rotation is lacking. 

Heaney is a middle of the road guy, not a top of the rotation guy. Useful 3/4 type starter.

Bundy is probably not this good but I applaud Eppler.

Sandoval/Canning not as bad as some feel. Solid 4-5 type guys.

Counting on Ohtani, especially to be an ace,  seems unwise.

In other words our rotation needs a 1 and 2 type starting pitcher........still. Bauer? Stroman? Not sure how to accomplish this. 

I don't want to talk about the pen. Finding players other teams gave up on who throw hard seems to be Eppler's philosophy on assembling a pen. 

We're not just bad. We're the worst in the AL. 

You probably thought all of this 26 games ago too. 

43 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I think the results this first 26 games shows, the team needs to overhaul it's pitching staff pretty much top to bottom. The position players, not so much.

It's entertaining when people try to argue with Jeff Fletcher.

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

If we were going to trade trout it would have been before signing rendon and to the Dodgers before they got Betts. Angels have no other options but get better now with trout and Rendon as centerpieces. 

We were trying to sign Cole. When Cole chose the Yankees you’re saying that we should’ve immediately shifted gears and traded Trout instead of signing Rendon?

Ok do some math for me. We have Upton, Pujols, Trout and Rendon at $116M next season. That leaves us $70M to fill 22 other roster positions that must include 2 new quality starters and 2 quality relievers. Tell me how they get that done.

26 minutes ago, RendZone said:

We were trying to sign Cole. When Cole chose the Yankees you’re saying that we should’ve immediately shifted gears and traded Trout instead of signing Rendon?

Ok do some math for me. We have Upton, Pujols, Trout and Rendon at $116M next season. That leaves us $70M to fill 22 other roster positions that must include 2 new quality starters and 2 quality relievers. Tell me how they get that done.

That's an unfair question because I didn't want Pujols nor to extend Upton.  I wanted moose and Corbin a few offseasons ago and that would have worked fine.  If I took over now I'd trade Simmons,  la stella, and Bundy for pitching ready prospects and pen pieces and then sign bauer and stroman.  I'd never advocated trading trout but it makes even less sense now.  

This could be the most used cartoon in the history of AW.  This could be more popular than @calscuf dog and boner pic,  @Adam’s scrotum pic and the monkey throwing up pick combined.

I changed it.  Pretty much every single one of those has some political message and those get old faster than false narratives and revisionist historians

Just laugh at the people that support such an idea.  Hey if the Dodgers offered Bellinger, Buehler, Lux and May I would consider it.  But after that there really isn’t any realistic trade I would consider.  

I do laugh. It's preposterous regardless of the haul we'd receive (though your example is a pretty nice haul).

But, look at what the Marlins got for Miguel Cabrera. Trading your #1 star player is like putting firecrackers up your butt (hi @tdawg87).