• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout strikeouts looking?

I'm sick of this guy keep on taking strike three. He does that a lot. A lot of his strikeouts are a result of taking strike three. Yes, he's the best player in all of baseball but I would want the guy to be a little more aggressive swinging the bat, especially with Rendon now on the team. Over 40% of his strikeouts are looking this season. It's a 60-game season, so even judging players on that many games is stupid but Trout's struck out 21 times in 18 games, which would mean that he would be on pace for 189 K's if he were to appear in 162 games this season. Again, he's not a hitter who's going to strikeout over 180 times, even though he did in 2014 (outlier).  

Those pitches he took were all borderline.   If he starts swinging at those he's going to be an average player very soon.  Strike-zone discipline is part of what makes him so great.  You put his ability to discern hit-able pitches into every brain on our roster and we win the world series (oh, wait.....our bullpen).  

1 hour ago, oldguy said:

Those pitches he took were all borderline.   If he starts swinging at those he's going to be an average player very soon.  Strike-zone discipline is part of what makes him so great.  You put his ability to discern hit-able pitches into every brain on our roster and we win the world series (oh, wait.....our bullpen).  

All I can say is that Fletcher would had swung at that borderline pitch and probably driven the ball into right center for a double. There is no excuse for that horrible at bat. Just because Mike Trout is great doesn't mean he can't get better.   I think he convinced himself that the pitcher was going to try to get him to chase 0-2 and fell asleep at the wheel.   

2 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

All I can say is that Fletcher would had swung at that borderline pitch and probably driven the ball into right center for a double. There is no excuse for that horrible at bat. Just because Mike Trout is great doesn't mean he can't get better.   I think he convinced himself that the pitcher was going to try to get him to chase 0-2 and fell asleep at the wheel.   

I don't know that he would have hit a double, but he definitely would have protected the plate with two strikes.  He may have hit the first pitch down the right-field line for a double (or probably not, he doesn't swing often at first pitches).

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I'm sick of this guy keep on taking strike three. He does that a lot. A lot of his strikeouts are a result of taking strike three. Yes, he's the best player in all of baseball but I would want the guy to be a little more aggressive swinging the bat, especially with Rendon now on the team. Over 40% of his strikeouts are looking this season. It's a 60-game season, so even judging players on that many games is stupid but Trout's struck out 21 times in 18 games, which would mean that he would be on pace for 189 K's if he were to appear in 162 games this season. Again, he's not a hitter who's going to strikeout over 180 times, even though he did in 2014 (outlier).  

Read the box score and you will see the problem, and it is not Trout taking a third strike, on three borderline pitches that he generally doesn't swing at.

8 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

A correction should be made. Trout has struck out 20 times in 17 games this season. 

A bird flew into my window.

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Come on homers, we’re allowed to criticize Trout. That was a terrible at bat.

I am giving Trout a pass because he had the opportunity to escape this shit show since the early days and has chosen to remain believing in the Angels and their future.  As a fan, I appreciate and value such a commitment.  He plays the game with honor and never appears to "phone it in."  Yeah, it was not a good at bat.  But I will take take an occasional bad at bat from Mike Trout for every season he wants to play for the Angels.

This has to be the dumbest, most pissy-ass whiney-bitch thread ever started......

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

I am giving Trout a pass because he had the opportunity to escape this shit show since the early days and has chosen to remain believing in the Angels and their future.  As a fan, I appreciate and value such a commitment.  He plays the game with honor and never appears to "phone it in."  Yeah, it was not a good at bat.  But I will take take an occasional bad at bat from Mike Trout for every season he wants to play for the Angels.

This has to be the dumbest, most pissy-ass whiney-bitch thread ever started......

All of that is true, but it is still ok to be upset when he takes three straight strikes. We can love Trout AND still be pissed off and disappointed when he doesn’t perform in the clutch.

Part of Trout's greatness has been that he stopped swinging at that pitch which was called strike three. Everyone knows that's where you go to get him out and Trout has accepted that he is far more productive when he forces pitchers to thread the needle between a ball out of the zone and a ball down the middle that goes for a homer. Sure it wasn't a great at bat but Jansen executed well.

4 hours ago, Rollinghard said:

in this scenario fletcher is better than mike trout. what do you think fletcher would say about that?

• 2 weeks later...