• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Plesac is a bigger douche than Mike Clevinger

Both optioned to minor league camp. Sounds like the rest of the team doesn’t want them around. 

I’d suggest trading for one, but bad character guys can cause chemistry issues. Not sure how Angels players would feel about bringing in guys who flouted safety regulations. I’d hope they’d be up for giving them a second chance, but that kind of thing is risky. On the other hand, we’re already losing, so where’s the downside?

40 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Both optioned to minor league camp. Sounds like the rest of the team doesn’t want them around. 

I’d suggest trading for one, but bad character guys can cause chemistry issues. Not sure how Angels players would feel about bringing in guys who flouted safety regulations. I’d hope they’d be up for giving them a second chance, but that kind of thing is risky. On the other hand, we’re already losing, so where’s the downside?

I’ll take chemistry issues over shitty pitching. What a load of tripe.

48 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I don’t know of any better move to make Trout consider opting out than to trade for a player who can’t follow team rules put in place to limit everyone’s exposure to COVID.

Everyone seems to be glossing over that.   Both are talented guys and would make the team better long term but, do you risk having Trout opt out?   

Anyway, seems the reason the players are so bent (from what they have been saying), is that they did this knowing full well that Carlos Carasco is highly at risk after dealing with leukemia last year.  According to some of the Cleveland beat writers, the players had a chance to speak to their teammates today after being taken off the restricted list and it did not go over well with them so, the team opted to send them both down.

Tough lesson to learn.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I read a tweet that said because of how the Indians handled this that both players will lose a year of service time.  

Yeah I saw that same tweet. I’m sure both of them are going to go to their MLBPA rep and fight this to the death. 

As for Trout, I doubt he opts out. That’s the same line of thinking as if we don’t put a winner around him he’s going to bounce in free agency. You have to obviously have some internal discussions about making a run for either pitcher; but it may be worth my to make a run at them if it fast tracks tightening up the starting rotation. With the investment we made in Trout, I’m sure Billy Eppler would approach him about this first just to get his opinion. 

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

I don’t know of any better move to make Trout consider opting out than to trade for a player who can’t follow team rules put in place to limit everyone’s exposure to COVID.

I hadn’t considered this.  I’m not sure it changes my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I hadn’t considered this.  I’m not sure it changes my opinion. 

I think either pitcher makes a big impact on the Angels. As a fan, I look at their performances and would welcome either of them, but if I was player, I would have different considerations due to current circumstances.

being that the indians have handled this in an extremely professional and intelligent way. what exactly leads us to believe that they're suddenly stupid and will trade either of these guys? 

it's a quick pick up the phone and say no thanks for them.

this is all just a part of their in house discipline. as long as neither one goes full retard, then they'll both be back up in 10 days and anything else will be handled within the clubhouse in a closed team meeting.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

this is all just a part of their in house discipline. as long as neither one goes full retard, then they'll both be back up in 10 days and anything else will be handled within the clubhouse in a closed team meeting.

Pretty sure they were both told to keep quiet and let the shit blow over without bringing attention to themselves.    BC Im pretty sure making TMZ's headlines didn't score one of them any points with his teammates.

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Pretty sure they were both told to keep quiet and let the shit blow over without bringing attention to themselves.    BC Im pretty sure making TMZ's headlines didn't score one of them any points with his teammates.

does this change what i said? not a snide remark. i don't see how it does. 

the indians have already commented on the plesac video, this send down is all part of "maturing" these guys into leaders. it's a "get your head right" lesson. my point being the indians aren't stupid, they're not trading either one this season. clevinger may get traded once he reaches that FA wheelhouse.

7 minutes ago, ukyah said:

does this change what i said? not a snide remark. i don't see how it does. 

the indians have already commented on the plesac video, this send down is all part of "maturing" these guys into leaders. it's a "get your head right" lesson. my point being the indians aren't stupid, they're not trading either one this season. clevinger may get traded once he reaches that FA wheelhouse.

I agree with you.   I'm saying they were likely told to pipe down...   That is all.   I didn't even quote/repond the part about not trading them, again .... Because I agree.