• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE MADDON

failos

6 hours ago, eligrba said:

I have never seen a team collapse like this since the Angels loss to the Red Sox after the Henderson homerun.  If I remember correctly, the Angels were still leading the series when they went back to Boston and went on to completely shit on themselves.  These games are beginning to take on that aura.

Speechless and morbidly curious on how bad this streak can become.  It feels like this is not yet the bottom.

Must have been hibernating during 95

How the he'll do we blame Arte for this 20 game stretch?

Minasian put the team together.

Madden in implementing on field strategy.

I do think if Minasian intends on firing Maddon it should be done now.  At times a firing often puts a spark up a teams ass that is underachieving.  Look at the Phillies!

It's not too late to compete.  Make the move now.

32 minutes ago, stormngt said:

At times a firing often puts a spark up a teams ass that is underachieving.  Look at the Phillies!

In Girardi’s defense, the Phillies got to play the Angels right after he was fired.  In fact he probably saw the schedule and was like “dammit, they’ll probably sweep that shit team and I’ll look like a dumbass.”

He was also probably thinking “all I’ve got to do is get to the Angels series and I’m ok.”

17 hours ago, Sully151 said:

It's tough to win when the team's 4 top offensive players are either injured or shitting the bed. Pretty easy to pitch around the others. Perry built the bullpen that has lost how many of these games. Starting pitching has blown a few too.

This team just sucks right now. Is that all Maddon's fault? not entirely, but he should take some of the blame, as should Perry, Trout, Ohtani, Thor, Iglesias and everyone else.

The clubhouse supposedly had this great chemistry that pulled everyone together. Where is that chemistry now?

When Dexter Fowler went down last year, the clubhouse chemistry went with him. He is available, released by the Blue Jays last month. Go get him!

It doesn’t even matter if this losing streak is Maddons fault or not.  Firing him is the cheapest, easiest way to send voltage through the team to try to make something change.

Even if the streak is broken, you still fire him if the team goes like 2-5 from here.

Is Maddon soooooo special that the Angels will deeply regret making a change?

The answer is obviously no since they didn’t give him an extension.

So see ya.

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

I mean what good is this clown if he can’t inspire the team to score a single fucking run on an 11 game losing streak 

I don’t even believe it is the manager’s job to unilaterally “inspire” the team.  But he is the manager. He isn’t managing to win any games.

Again, firing him is the easiest and cheapest way to attempt to make something change.

This team sucks right now.  Underachieving.  Stuck in a rut.  Fire his ass.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Regardless of actual blame a manager of a somewhat talented team can’t survive a 12 game losing streak.  You need a sacrificial lamb.  Hell Perry needs it so his fat ass doesn’t get canned.  Maddon is  gone.  Maybe even tonight.