• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE MADDON

failos

7 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I'm thinking this season

I doubt it now as the season is pretty much lost. Maybe they could have had a chance had they gone on a winning streak after Maddon was canned but they are still finding ways to just lose games 

3 minutes ago, cals said:

So 0% on the players?

The players are just victims of their environment.

JK. The players are at fault for the day-to-day failures. Arte and his rotating GMs are at fault for the big picture failures.

Seriously, the way the team is constructed and plays just isn't working. 

I would assume Arte has a big role in determining an overall approach to what type of team he wants to see. He has been the one constant while those around him have come and gone. I'm not sure if he micromanages, but he must give his GMs guidelines and set priorities. I doubt they have full independence. 

That said, it is obvious the results aren't good enough. The team plays boring, one dimensional baseball. They only win when they homer. Every player in the batting order from one to nine seems to swing for the fences. They strike out with depressing frequency. Probably the most static, non dynamic team in baseball. 

I won't go into all the technicalities about situational hitting, base running, team play versus individual stats and so on. The team is what it is. 

At least Perry recognized the need to rebuild the pitching from the ground up using the draft. But it will take time for that to mature. Maybe Arte just cares more about big name sluggers and a home run philosophy let's the GMs deal with the other parts of the team.