• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I'm just relaying the experiences of our workers. Maybe Andre should pay his registration.

Just now, Lou said:

Reading comprehension fail 

Joke's on you, Lou. For that post, when it comes to names:

A = A

d = a

n = d

r = m

e = __

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I love Weezer, not their new black album though. It kind of sucks 

I liked the Black Album, but I didn't love it. I don't go back and listen to those songs very often.

But I do love the two singles released so far for Van Weezer.

45 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

We have multiple black people working on our sales floor in Irvine. Not once have I heard a story of them being pulled over for being black while driving. These people would be more than willing to volunteer that information. 

Have you sat down with them and asked if they've ever been harassed, looked at with suspicion, or felt threatened because of their race? 

19 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Have you sat down with them and asked if they've ever been harassed, looked at with suspicion, or felt threatened because of their race? 

I asked one of our managers that a while back. He moved from Crenshaw to OC about 10 years ago. He said he's been "looked at with suspicion" a couple times but it didn't bother him. He never mentioned feeling threatened in Orange County. If I asked him that he would probably laugh and say "motherfucker I grew up in Crenshaw" lol.

Edited by Lhalo

3 hours ago, Adam said:

he proceeded to tell me that since he had worked in Irvine (about 12 months) he had been pulled over 36 times and never cited for anything.

36 times in 12 months? In Irvine? Holly shit. I'm tempted to ask some of my black coworkers, or would that be insensitive

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I asked one of our managers that a while back. He moved from Crenshaw to OC about 10 years ago. He said he's been "looked at with suspicion" a couple times but it didn't bother him. He never mentioned feeling threatened in Orange County. If I asked him that he would probably laugh and say "motherfucker I grew up in Crenshaw" lol.

the shaw is lit son

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I like the dudes who do sports interviews but feel the need to have the book collection where it purposely shows the Pete Sampras biography and some random teams football helmet on the shelf.

yeah, those are always good. some even have a few trophies/awards visible, too.  i wonder why none of them ever have hockey masks or baseball helmets, and frankly, i feel a bit margginalized because of it.

Edited by Tank

1 minute ago, Tank said:

yeah, those are always good. some even have a few trophies/awards visible, too.  i wonder why none of them ever have hockey masks or baseball helmets, and frankly, i feel a bit margginalized because of it.

I'd have some little league trophies and wrestling medals next a book on golfing tips from Nick Price with a VHS of the 1998 Kansas City Chiefs season

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I'd have some little league trophies and wrestling medals next a book on golfing tips from Nick Price with a VHS of the 1998 Kansas City Chiefs season

don't forget a framed copy of your perfect attendance certificate from junior high and a gold medal with the red, white, and blue ribbon from your 5th grade class olympics.