• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

8 hours ago, Don said:

I’ve had a gun pulled on me before. I was defiant, because I was young and stupid, and it all worked out ok actually by blind luck. I’ve been in situations where shots were fired very close to me at least four times that I can think of. Once I saw three people roughly 4-6 feet in front of me get shot. It’s not fear that hits in those moments (at least in my case), it’s confusion that is the overall emotion. You just go in some direction. The fear hits later.

my takeaway from this is that i no longer want to hang out with don in a crowd. yikes.

8 hours ago, Don said:

I’ve had a gun pulled on me before. I was defiant, because I was young and stupid, and it all worked out ok actually by blind luck. I’ve been in situations where shots were fired very close to me at least four times that I can think of. Once I saw three people roughly 4-6 feet in front of me get shot. It’s not fear that hits in those moments (at least in my case), it’s confusion that is the overall emotion. You just go in some direction. The fear hits later.

You must be a real Ahole.

I'm good with that.

20 years ago my best friend called me.

Friend: "Hey dude I'm gonna whisper. I think my roommate and some of his friends stole some cars."

Me: "What makes you say that?" 

Friend: "They're going through three cars, pulling out stereos and stuff."

Me: "Sounds like they stole 3 cars."

Friend: "What do I do? Cops cruise by my place all the time."

Me: "Call the cops and tell them who you are but that you want to be anonymous."

20 minutes later...

Friend: "Ok. Cops are on the way."

4 hours later I was out and about and decided to stop by the house. No signs of cops or stolen cars anywhere. So I walk in. 5 gang unit cops pointing glocks right at me. 

Cops: "Get the fuck on the ground right now."

So I did. They cuffed me with zip ties and walked me to the back yard where my friend, his 2 brothers, his roommate (mexican...this is important) and 3 other mexican dudes (including a guy that I played football with, who sucked and we called him "Fat 50" because he was fat and wore number 50) were all cuffed sitting in the dirt.

Over the next few hours, well into night time, the cops pulled each of us in individually to interview/interrogate us. I was last if I recall.

Cop: "Hey man. We know who you are. You gave your buddy good advice. He is worried about retaliation and you should be too. One of those mexican guys is a murderer but we couldn't get any witnesses to testify. They won't know you guys ratted them out."

So I go back outside and sit in the dirt again. Probably another hour or so. Finally, a paddy wagon rolls up. The boss cop walks into the back yard with all the other cops and says "Mexican guys, get in the van. White guys, you're free to go."

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Friend: "Hey dude I'm gonna whisper. I think my roommate and some of his friends stole some cars."

Me: "Call the cops and tell them who you are but that you want to be anonymous."

20 minutes later...

4 hours later I was out and about and decided to stop by the house. No signs of cops or stolen cars anywhere. So I walk in. 5 gang unit cops pointing glocks right at me. 

So I did. They cuffed me with zip ties and walked me to the back yard where my friend, his 2 brothers, his roommate (mexican...this is important) and 3 other mexican dudes (including a guy that I played football with, who sucked and we called him "Fat 50" because he was fat and wore number 50) were all cuffed sitting in the dirt.

Over the next few hours, well into night time, the cops pulled each of us in individually to interview/interrogate us. I was last if I recall.

Cop: "Hey man. We know who you are. You gave your buddy good advice. He is worried about retaliation and you should be too. One of those mexican guys is a murderer but we couldn't get any witnesses to testify. They won't know you guys ratted them out."

So I go back outside and sit in the dirt again. Probably another hour or so. Finally, a paddy wagon rolls up. The boss cop walks into the back yard with all the other cops and says "Mexican guys, get in the van. White guys, you're free to go."

We’re waiting....

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

20 minutes later...

The board doesn't believe you, Andre.

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

New York's finest taxi service:

My buddy and I climbed into a cab once in Manhattan Beach to go to another bar in Redondo. The driver mumbles something for a second and tells us he's an undercover cop, but ok. He raced down Hermosa Ave and as he drops us off says:" ok, get the fuck out of my car"

No charge. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Great story, Adam.

1. You guys were  really creative with nicknames.

2. Only a white guy would go to the house after getting a call like that.

Yeah I was pretty white

buddy of mine is former sand berdoo sheriff, now lives in boise. said "there's a ton of retired LE here. come on up, antifa. you're crazy if you think you'll be able to loot up here" or something to that effect.

Edited by Tank

1 minute ago, Tank said:

buddy of mine is former sand berdoo sheriff, now lives in boise. said "there's a ton of retired LE here. come on up, antifa. you're crazy if you think you'll be able to loot up here" or something to that effect.

He sounds delightful