• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 7

kevinb

Corona Virus Poll, Week 7  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What have you been doing during the quarantine?

• Reading books
    • Streaming Services- Netflix/Hulu/Prime etc.
    • Old Sports
    • Family Time
    • Lots of work
    • Gaming
    • NFL Draft!!
    • Zoom Happy Hours
  2. 2. Did you watch the NFL Draft last night?

3. 3. Have you lost your job?

4. 4. What month will this quarantine end?

5. 5. How are you feeling week 7 of the Pandemic

This week has sucked for me I don't know why but this stuff has finally hit me this week. I read way too many articles about this whole thing, about the second wave, about Cal State Fullerton saying fall classes will be online and I just lost my shit. Not having a good week, want this damn corona virus stuff to end and want normal life to proceed. Hope you guys are having a better week than I.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I read exactly zero articles about this whole thing and I'm doing just fine. I do my part by not being part of the problem. There is nothing else I can do, so why torment yourself? 

I usually don't I somehow got sucked into it this week. 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yeah, I think a lot of people have. Make a commitment to avoid reading/watching any reports about it for a week. I'll bet you have a much better week. 

For sure. I got dragged in cause I play hockey and my friends on the team were talking about something with the virus and then one of the guys on our team is still in college and he mentioned something about the college stuff, and i just went into a deep dive. Couldn't get out. Definitely hoping for a better week next week. 

12 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

For sure. I got dragged in cause I play hockey and my friends on the team were talking about something with the virus and then one of the guys on our team is still in college and he mentioned something about the college stuff, and i just went into a deep dive. Couldn't get out. Definitely hoping for a better week next week. 

Kevin, as Lou said, you aren’t the only one who has these feelings.  Starting about last week, we started seeing emergency responses here in LA that has started to transition from every person thinking they had Covid-19, to people who are have behavioral/mental issues.

The advice Lou, and others will give is really spot on. I’ve had to tell my wife the same thing....stop binge watching the news, news conferences, and the Internet. Get outside, do what you can to stay positive, and now that the weather is getting better, head out to trails (if you live in an area that the trails are open) or whatever it is you like to do.  It’s really the only remedy for this, until we open this place up.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Kevin, as Lou said, you aren’t the only one who has these feelings.  Starting about last week, we started seeing emergency responses here in LA that has started to transition from every person thinking they had Covid-19, to people who are have behavioral/mental issues.

The advice Lou, and others will give is really spot on. I’ve had to tell my wife the same thing....stop binge watching the news, news conferences, and the Internet. Get outside, do what you can to stay positive, and now that the weather is getting better, head out to trails (if you live in an area that the trails are open) or whatever it is you like to do.  It’s really the only remedy for this, until we open this place up.

100% this, @PattyD22

Also, I had to turn off the news and political shit earlier this week. It's just not healthy for any of us.

The hate that people have toward each other right now is ridiculous, and I'm talking both sides of the political spectrums and parties. 

Well, it looks like there is a very good chance the theater I am the Artistic Director and founding artist of will probably not survive Covid-19.

We rely almost entirely on ticket sales and classes. With the shut down and eventual Social distancing requirements that will certainly prevent audiences sitting in close proximity we are screwed.

Its hard to stay open with no income. I never thought a pandemic would bring down something I have been working toward for 10 years. 

Oh, and teaching improv classes on Zoom suuuuuuuuuuucccks

But, my family is safe and healthy. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

100% this, @PattyD22

Also, I had to turn off the news and political shit earlier this week. It's just not healthy for any of us.

The hate that people have toward each other right now is ridiculous, and I'm talking both sides of the political spectrums and parties. 

This is the worst the hate has been in my lifetime.   Does no one look at both sides and make thought out decisions anymore, instead of just automatically take the side they are on politically?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Yesterday I dodged a bullet as 30+ employees at this tech company I work at were laid off. 

After taking off a half of year to travel and visit family last year after many years at DocuSign, I just got back to work in December for this great company based up here in the Pacific Northwest. I knew something was up as it was month end and the CEO put a mandatory all-hands meeting on our calendar for yesterday morning. 

Sad to see some colleagues/friends that I met in the short time that i've been with the company get laid in what will be a difficult time finding work now and later, as everyone unemployed will be trying to get employed. 

I don't think I'd be comfortable avoiding the news altogether these days.   I usually put it on first thing when I wake up and my daughter and I watch/listen during our morning routines.   Then it goes off.    I might check the website headlines later in the evening just to see if anything truly new is going on, but that's it.        

The news networks, of course, would love it if everyone watched 16 hours a day....that's how they make their $$$.    And it is very big $$$.   So they try to sensationalize every bit of information to make it seem like you don't want to miss a minute of coverage, but most of the stories are just rehashed all day with very little new news in the mix.       

19 hours ago, Sully151 said:

Oh, and teaching improv classes on Zoom suuuuuuuuuuucccks

My wife uses Zoom for her job and she and her colleagues are really starting to hate it.    I've tried asking questions to figure out why it is more tedious on Zoom, but I still don't understand it.    You would think all the time saved from not having to travel to a meeting  (and being able to interact with others during the lockdown) would make it a positive thing.    I'll have to watch from the sidelines sometime to see if I can understand why they aren't liking it.

So work has gotten easier, not that we aren’t dealing with all of the restrictions, but there is now structure to those restrictions and it is becoming more normal.  I still have to deal with nonsense at work that would be nonsense whether it was Covid time or not, but its extra nonsense during this time.  My team has adapted incredibly well which makes it much easier the last week or so.  I think my work life got easier on Easter when I actually had the whole day off for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks.  Then this week because we haven’t introduced anything new, my days off felt like days off with very little working.  

I watched a little bit of the NFL draft, but I know nothing about these players, so I was just watching it to have a connection with sports.  I have watched a bit of the replay of the 2002 playoffs they are showing on FSW.  We have also binged Better Call Saul and are about 25 episodes in.  

As for when the quarantine will end, I don’t know when it will end across the country or when travel will be somewhat normal.  I have a feeling at work we will start to open up dining rooms in limited capacity in the next 2-3 weeks, Utah is opening up next week I believe.  Once work gets more normal and I feel as though I can do some small traveling I will feel a million times better mentally.  

My mental state through it all has been pretty poor.  I am someone who is always happy.  As you can probably tell I am an optimist.  None of this changes that, but it has been a real struggle to not be able to get away from it all.  This week, I am doing the best I have done through all of this.  I can tell it is getting to me emotionally based on a work situation that is completely out of my hands at the moment, but I am anticipating it ending poorly for me.  By poorly I don’t mean I will lose my job or position or get disciplined, it is more about what my future looks like for the next 10 or so years.  However if you are like me where you are always happy, to have something that hasn’t happened yet, dwell on you like this is, that sucks.  All that being said, my mental state as it relates to being quarantined, and with the Covid stuff, is about a 6.  

I hope everyone out there is doing well.  I would much rather be talking baseball right now. 

Work has been really busy for me because all of the documents and ha doubts I use in class are not accessible for me, so I have to retype them on google docs. It’s a pain but the good thing is that I have them at my disposal forever. It’s also helped me learn how to use more of google and create some new things for my kids.

The one potential bad thing no one at my school, is talking about yet is bringing in a new group of students from China next year. We have about 60 each year, and if they aren’t allowed into the country next year or if we’re still in isolation, we’re going to have to cut staff. We won’t know anything about this until the summer, waiting largely in whether or not restrictions have been lifted. 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

So work has gotten easier, not that we aren’t dealing with all of the restrictions, but there is now structure to those restrictions and it is becoming more normal.  I still have to deal with nonsense at work that would be nonsense whether it was Covid time or not, but its extra nonsense during this time.  My team has adapted incredibly well which makes it much easier the last week or so.  I think my work life got easier on Easter when I actually had the whole day off for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks.  Then this week because we haven’t introduced anything new, my days off felt like days off with very little working.  

We went to In-N-Out in RSM a few days ago. It was like a machine. We went at 5:45 and were through the line by 6:10. Everyone was masked and gloved, and friendly! Like super friendly and nice.

We ordered 4 burgers and fries. None of them the same, protein style, double singles, no salt on patties, meat and cheese only, etc and they were all spot on right.

it was the first time since March 12 that we went “out” for dinner and it was worth it.

My wife and I were super impressed. My kids were just stoked to get In-N-Out.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

I watched a little bit of the NFL draft, but I know nothing about these players, so I was just watching it to have a connection with sports.

It still seems surreal to hear the commissioner say "Las Vegas Raiders". Within about a five-year period, we have gone from this city being a pariah in the eyes of the NFL to being the league's newest city and preparing to open the league's newest stadium.

Felt a little less "meh" in week 7 than in week 6. 

My alternative program to the lunatic's 5 O'Clock Follies press briefings is to play some old DVDs. PBS' The Civil War was uplifting and pre-empted the nut job for six straight afternoons. Then I pulled out the Alec Guinness series "Smiley's People" and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy." That filled the time for most of another week. It saved my TV from flying lamps and baseballs had I heard the Lysol option in real time. I just started the Lonesome Dove collection. That should get me through most of the coming week. No place to go other than the gas station, Safeway and the drive-throughs. I do, however, take alternate routes to stretch the distance to Safeway or the drive-throughs by 10 or 15 miles with a loop through the countryside. There are horses and cows and deer out there. The wolf, sadly, died sometime over the winter.The deer didn't complain, though.