• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 7

kevinb

Corona Virus Poll, Week 7  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What have you been doing during the quarantine?

• Reading books
    • Streaming Services- Netflix/Hulu/Prime etc.
    • Old Sports
    • Family Time
    • Lots of work
    • Gaming
    • NFL Draft!!
    • Zoom Happy Hours
  2. 2. Did you watch the NFL Draft last night?

3. 3. Have you lost your job?

4. 4. What month will this quarantine end?

5. 5. How are you feeling week 7 of the Pandemic

20 hours ago, Stradling said:

So work has gotten easier, not that we aren’t dealing with all of the restrictions, but there is now structure to those restrictions and it is becoming more normal.  I still have to deal with nonsense at work that would be nonsense whether it was Covid time or not, but its extra nonsense during this time.  My team has adapted incredibly well which makes it much easier the last week or so.  I think my work life got easier on Easter when I actually had the whole day off for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks.  Then this week because we haven’t introduced anything new, my days off felt like days off with very little working.  

I watched a little bit of the NFL draft, but I know nothing about these players, so I was just watching it to have a connection with sports.  I have watched a bit of the replay of the 2002 playoffs they are showing on FSW.  We have also binged Better Call Saul and are about 25 episodes in.  

As for when the quarantine will end, I don’t know when it will end across the country or when travel will be somewhat normal.  I have a feeling at work we will start to open up dining rooms in limited capacity in the next 2-3 weeks, Utah is opening up next week I believe.  Once work gets more normal and I feel as though I can do some small traveling I will feel a million times better mentally.  

My mental state through it all has been pretty poor.  I am someone who is always happy.  As you can probably tell I am an optimist.  None of this changes that, but it has been a real struggle to not be able to get away from it all.  This week, I am doing the best I have done through all of this.  I can tell it is getting to me emotionally based on a work situation that is completely out of my hands at the moment, but I am anticipating it ending poorly for me.  By poorly I don’t mean I will lose my job or position or get disciplined, it is more about what my future looks like for the next 10 or so years.  However if you are like me where you are always happy, to have something that hasn’t happened yet, dwell on you like this is, that sucks.  All that being said, my mental state as it relates to being quarantined, and with the Covid stuff, is about a 6.  

I hope everyone out there is doing well.  I would much rather be talking baseball right now. 

Take this time to reflect on what your fries are doing to this place. Maybe buy some corn starch or something

Seems to be getting easier for us. The toughest part is keeping up with work. With no childcare and my wife getting busier with her job we are scrambling to get things done as we alternate between zoom meetings and watching the kids.

We have been seeing our parents and siblings more frequently though, setting up outside hangouts where we all sit 6-19 feet apart from each other.

I hardly watch any news coverage anymore. Hard to differentiate facts from political spin one way or the other. And too much speculation based on incomplete/dubious projection data. 

My main concern is about my mother. In her nineties, she's in a care/assisted living home, thousands of miles away. I speak to her regularly on the phone, and she isn't overly concerned about the situation. But with restrictions on visitations and confined to her room there is a feeling of isolation. Medically at least that institution seems to be thorough and careful. 

Spending much less money in the real world, a little bit more online. Mostly Amazon and EBay. 

Freaky driving by empty malls and shuttered stores week after week. The only necessary  driving we do now is for groceries, some drive through food places, to the post office and pharmacy. And some short, scenic recreational excursions. Luckily we have a big athletic park across the street, so some walking exercise is possible. 

Lots of reading, viewing old sports events, movies for recreation. More playtime for pets.  Some creative projects, but momentum has slowed down. And a fair amount of work around the house with furniture rearranging, change in decor, minor repairs/improvements. Also a chance to sort through things and get bags filled for donations to charity thrift stores. Whenever they open again. 

Unfortunately it looks more and more that my planned vacation at the end of July will be cancelled or postponed. I was looking forward to seeing the Angels against Seattle and/or the Jays and doing other things in SoCal. It's possible things may normalize by then, but the travel logistics will probably be complicated. 

I really feel sorry for so many who are being devastated economically. 

I stopped watching trump's nightly update because I just can't stand to listen to him.

we were listening to mayor garcetti's updates each evening, but that has kind of stopped for us. we tired of him, too.

it's Sunday so it's just about time to watch a few more episodes of ozark.