• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

1 minute ago, Tank said:

it's not a cancelation but several car insurance companies are starting to notify customers of refunds since we're not driving as much.

we're with AAA and got a notice last week that said we're getting a 20% refund on our insurance from march 15-may 15. i'll take it.

I have AAA as well. We should be friends. 

5 minutes ago, EnglishCop said:

An absence of proper punctuation and haphazard capitalization aren't things we should expect from educators. This is shameful. Please correct and resubmit this assignment.

D-

hey, i was only following orders. i wasn't in charge.

I completely understand that my situation isn’t nearly as bad as most people out there because I still have my job and I get to go to work every day.  I haven’t had to struggle or worry about whether or not I can feed my family or make my bills.  That being said all of these cancelations have sucked.  

Today we got word that our Hawaii trip we take every three years with work that was scheduled for June has been postponed.  So far this year I have cancelled a 17 day cruise through the Panama Canal, a 3 day trip to Vegas for my sons 21st birthday, 5 days in Boston with my wife to see the Angels play the Red Sox and now Hawaii.  Hopefully we see a return to normal so we can still go to Chicago later this year, hopefully in October.  

I am bored, but healthy and very fortunate.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I completely understand that my situation isn’t nearly as bad as most people out there because I still have my job and I get to go to work every day.  I haven’t had to struggle or worry about whether or not I can feed my family or make my bills.  That being said all of these cancelations have sucked.  

Today we got word that our Hawaii trip we take every three years with work that was scheduled for June has been postponed.  So far this year I have cancelled a 17 day cruise through the Panama Canal, a 3 day trip to Vegas for my sons 21st birthday, 5 days in Boston with my wife to see the Angels play the Red Sox and now Hawaii.  Hopefully we see a return to normal so we can still go to Chicago later this year, hopefully in October.  

I am bored, but healthy and very fortunate.  

we're hoping to take my daughter to the magic castle for her 21st bday in july. fingers crossed.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:46 PM, Tank said:

it's not a cancelation but several car insurance companies are starting to notify customers of refunds since we're not driving as much.

we're with AAA and got a notice last week that said we're getting a 20% refund on our insurance from march 15-may 15. i'll take it.

well, i found out that the state has told the insurance companies to do this, so it wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts. it looks like all of us will get a refund, regardless of whcih company our isurance is through.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

well, i found out that the state has told the insurance companies to do this, so it wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts. it looks like all of us will get a refund, regardless of whcih company our isurance is through.

But the Armenians are driving more these days... not sure we should be getting a refund...

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Yeah, but AAA is still an awesome company though right? They probably would have done it regardless.

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Mt. Baldy resort takes cue from SoCal golf courses, decides to reopen to skiers and snowboarders

Should be pretty nice out there.  It'll be nice and warm for short sleeve and shorts skiing.

How long do you think the snow will be around? I dont board, but am bored (get it?) , and wouldn't mind just getting up there to check out the snow

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

How long do you think the snow will be around? I dont board, but am bored (get it?) , and wouldn't mind just getting up there to check out the snow

Not long.  But last weeks rain put a dumping on in the mountains.  In the San Gabriel river, which is just below Mt. Baldy, it rained over 5 inches by the river.  If you are going, I'd get there early.  Like before 8.  It's going to get packed.  

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Not long.  But last weeks rain put a dumping on in the mountains.  In the San Gabriel river, which is just below Mt. Baldy, it rained over 5 inches by the river.  If you are going, I'd get there early.  Like before 8.  It's going to get packed.  

So lets say i dont care about getting in to the ski area, i just want to check the surrounding area out and take photos... where would i head to to see it?

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So lets say i dont care about getting in to the ski area, i just want to check the surrounding area out and take photos... where would i head to to see it?

If you want to get to the snow, you have to hit the ski area where the lodge is.  There is  parking lot at the bottom of the ski lift.  Take the ski lift up, or take the service road and hike up there.  Now I think the trails are closed, so I don't think you can take baldy bowl trail/ski hut up.  

found myself wondering about cash recently. don't really feel like touching the stuff right now. been doing all of our shopping and ordering with credit cards, just like everyone else.

anyone think this might spur us to get rid of our actual physical cash, whether by our choice or by mandate from washington? or will actual coins & bills still play a part in our economy?